Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Well, dammit.  I haven't heard boo from FJ (where I've ordered 2) or Big in Japan (where I've ordered 1).  I'm guessing the Big in Japan one went through since they posted more inventory well after I'd put in my order but I was hoping to know if my FJ order had fallen through or not so that I could try and get one more, if needed.  Looks like I'll be glad I ordered the "just in case" 1D from BiJ so, hopefully, at least I have one.  But, since I haven't heard from either of them....who knows?  Would have been nice to know I'd secured one before I went to bed.  Oh, well.  Such is my luck.  Congrats to those that have confirmed.

Edited by mantisfists

Not sure if somebody already noticed or posted about it, but  since I just recently put Roy-1S into fighter-mode for the FPs, I just noticed that the head is not quite as flushed like the Hikaru-1S.

As in, the visor is more exposed on the Roy-1S whereas it's more hidden on the Hikaru-1S.  Maybe it's due to the new thicker neck or maybe I'm doing something completely wrong.

At any rate and not sure if ABP, but seems OptimusPrimeSG (CharlesXavier here) has posted his review of his Roy with the TV-FP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpX30JwwX_E

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Well the good (not good?) news is the next two releases will almost certainly be regular releases... so we can all spend those evenings cursing the people who now use those shoe-buying-bots at our retailers.

I think those are the same sneaker bots that were deployed, to devastating effect, for PS5 preorders. They seem to be everywhere now.

FYI: MyKombini is now sold out for the 1D

27 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

From Japan refunded me :(

I only saw one person so far that secured a copy from FJ. 

I’ve used From Japan for years but haven’t scored a TWE from them in a very long time. 

Time to start testing other proxies. 

Happy Holidays folks! Ordered my VF-1D through Anime Export, and did a backup through Lunar Park, just in case.

Anyone on the fence about Lunar Park, they are great to deal with and have great shipping and customer service.

Merry Christmas everyone. Congrats to those who have some copies of 1D secured.

Can't access the p-bandai link (keep getting redirected to their global page), is p-bandai still accepting order?

Just now, kkx said:

Can't access the p-bandai link (keep getting redirected to their global page), is p-bandai still accepting order?

You can't access the link if you are outside of Japan unless you connect via a proxy server.

7 minutes ago, kkx said:

Yes , P-Bandai is still accepting orders .  

Overall, what has everyone's successful proxies been so far that you've gotten a confirmed order from? For reference, I was surprised to see that Buyee did not list Tamashii on their supported sites list. For reference, their supported sites list is linked below.
Buyee Supported Sites: https://shop.buyee.jp/

Edited by MWUser

So MyKombini is relatively early in updating their site now. Usually they're quite late to post new items (usually a few days after), and that somewhat works as an advantage as the PO madness has somewhat dissipated at that time so the item doesn't go out of stock immediately.  FJ secured my VF-1D order (requested it quite early) and was planning to get a second one form MyKombini, but seems it's gone now.

Edited by pafy6285

23 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

You can't access the link if you are outside of Japan unless you connect via a proxy server.

I was able to get the correct page after one or two refresh yesterday, but not today.

6 hours ago, enphily said:

mykombini cancelled my VF-31A in the past right on release so they're not ideal

I have been ordering MBs and DX chokogins (regular/TWEs) for two years and no issues so far and they have been timely with delivery (a week at most when they ship the order).

36 minutes ago, kkx said:

I was able to get the correct page after one or two refresh yesterday, but not today.

Still working (Canada, and no VPN/proxies). I don't click the refresh button, I just re-paste and reopen the URL after the first one.

Edited by pafy6285

31 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

So MyKombini is relatively early in updating their site now. Usually they're quite late to post new items (usually a few days after), and that somewhat works as an advantage as the PO madness has somewhat dissipated at that time so the item doesn't go out of stock immediately.  FJ secured my VF-1D order (requested it quite early) and was planning to get a second one form MyKombini, but seems it's gone now.

Would you mind sharing when you submitted you FJ order? 

I haven’t had success with TWE items using FJ for ages. 

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Would you mind sharing when you submitted you FJ order? 

I haven’t had success with TWE items using FJ for ages. 

12/23 around 5 PM Pacific and got a payment request like 20 minutes after submission.

1 hour ago, pafy6285 said:

Still working (Canada, and no VPN/proxies). I don't click the refresh button, I just re-paste and reopen the URL after the first one.

That is what I did the other day and today. But no luck today.