Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I'm going to assume that because my buddy is going to be picking me a couple up in JP all of my PO requests will go through.:rofl:

If they do I'm going to have a LOT of $$$ tied up in 1D's for 7mo. I doubt I would have much issue selling the extras. I only want one (not my usual three).

No one for each mode this time?

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I'm going to assume that because my buddy is going to be picking me a couple up in JP all of my PO requests will go through.:rofl:

If they do I'm going to have a LOT of $$$ tied up in 1D's for 7mo. I doubt I would have much issue selling the extras. I only want one (not my usual three).

Wow taking up where NY slipped up I see..:lol:

Yeah quite the capital outlay, but hey if you can get em...TWE’s can still run out and I forget how much per order allocation is..bandai gold eh..;)

45 minutes ago, vladykins said:

No one for each mode this time?

Not enough display room. It's actually going to be displacing a DX VF-1J Hikaru in Gerwalk on the shelf. There is still a 1J in Fighter and Battroid though.:lol:

I may keep an extra MISB. Not sure. I'll make that call later if I get multiples.

What do you guys think of Big in Japan? I pre order quick last night, but now that I see AE open i feel like I should've waited, I had no problems with AE before so I rather used them and cancel the other order since the VF-1D comes out in july, past the 180 days PayPal protection 

2 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

What do you guys think of Big in Japan? I pre order quick last night, but now that I see AE open i feel like I should've waited, I had no problems with AE before so I rather used them and cancel the other order since the VF-1D comes out in july, past the 180 days PayPal protection 

You are going to feel this way every time another shop opens up their pre-orders.  I have personally not be screwed by any of these shops yet, including the shop that will not be named...  I have bought from BiJ in the past without issues so you should be OK.  Unfortunately, this item will be popular, based on the feedback from this forum alone.  Even though it is web exclusive, Bandai does have limited manufacturing capacity so there is still a chance that the item will not be available.  BiJ, AE and others that are jumping the gun are expecting to be able to get orders in, but there is no guarantee that they will.  Hopefully, if demand is really high enough to sell out Bandai's manufacturing allotment, they will do a second run.  This is what they did with the DYRL super parts.

I look at is like this...

Sleep lost --NONE.

Time wasted stressing out in the middle of the night -- NONE.

If the order goes through, fine, I'll worry about paying for it waaaay down the line, if it doesn't, I won't have to explain the the wife why $300+ is being spent.. 

Win Win

Merry Christmas everyone! 

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Assuming they have enough units to fill the orders they're taking.

Yeah just a reminder you crazy kids - Some shops put up the SSP a day early and almost NONE of them delivered on the Dec release because it sold out quite fast when p-Bandai listed it. Fortunately, they decided a second release for the following Apr and all of the Dec orders done a day before got pushed to Apr. AE was among them. NY never delivered for most and stuck us with store credit.

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

All these orders going into AE...getting nervous....spread out peeps! :mellow:

shades of a certain three one A situation a brewing....

I've never had an issue with AE not delivering (and it looks like they even underestimated their TV super parts since a few people are reporting that their April delivery orders are being delivered now).

I think the key thing is the timing of this launch.

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Sleep lost --NONE.

If the order goes through, fine, I'll worry about paying for it waaaay down the line, if it doesn't, I won't have to explain the the wife why $300+ is being spent.. 

Win Win

Yeah am enjoying it for what’s it worth for now! Nice to have a pleasant order while sipping a cuppa for a change...

if it does go thru, hope the wife is distracted by something else haha...

Merry Christmas!

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah just a reminder you crazy kids - Some shops put up the SSP a day early and almost NONE of them delivered on the Dec release because it sold out quite fast when p-Bandai listed it. Fortunately, they decided a second release for the following Apr and all of the Dec orders done a day before got pushed to Apr. AE was among them. NY never delivered for most and stuck us with store credit.

Don’t jinx it old man!!

4 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I've never had an issue with AE not delivering (and it looks like they even underestimated their TV super parts since a few people are reporting that their April delivery orders are being delivered now).

I think the key thing is the timing of this launch.

My TV parts are ready for shipping. Logically they process the initial orders first, as mine only got ready status after everyone else reported theirs were ready. I waited a bit before ordering..

12 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Sleep lost --NONE.

Win Win

Btw, the 1D is pay up front. If you don’t pay within 48 hrs, AE cancels it...