Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

12 minutes ago, spanner said:

How long ago did you submit the request to From Japan?

I requested the quote at 8pm and received the payment request at 8:22pm. 

Edited by weiser21

Just now, jenius said:

Yeah, they probably just do six orders but don't have a way of telling people 'no' up front so they have to cancel the next day.

I hope so. I don’t want to wait 7mo for them to tell me too bad and then refund my card.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Just put one in there, they're where I got a Kakizaki with no trouble.  Selected EMS shipping in the hopes we'll have that again by the time it's released.

Don’t they give you a separate shipping quote when the item is in hand?

3 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Don’t they give you a separate shipping quote when the item is in hand?

They might, but I figured I wouldn't take any chances with unregistered/untracked options.

I hesitate to cancel anything that goes through, but if I can get an AE order before From Japan gives me a quote, I might cancel there.

Edited by Chronocidal

17 minutes ago, blinkbot said:

Just ordered from Big in Japan. They’re reliable. Received my TV Super Parts from them earlier this week as well. Good stuff!

First time ordering from them and I put myself down for two ... figured it was only 600 yen asking more than the initial Nin-Nin price and I wasn't going to spend my Christmas refreshing sites tomorrow whenever Nin-Nin decides to drop. Nin-Nin drops earlier than most but Roy was the exception when they dropped a few hours later at a higher price.

All good ... the AUD dollar's been stregthening so I've allowed myself an early Christmas pressie today then.

First time ordering TWE item but looks like I was lucky to have been ready. Certainly wasn't as painful as Roy release. 

Now then, waiting on Nin-Nin to deliver my Roy anyday now after having to pay extra postage early this week to get the order off. 

Edited by Arakure Knight

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Why would he sell at a loss?

'Cause I was kidding. It's an option though if he wanted to offload it quick. :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Yep paid up front for the VF-1D.
I wish I were in a position to sell the Roys at MSRP, sadly no. FOMO is very real. Hence the panic buying at the upper end of the price range when they were available on release day for much better pricing. 

No worries sir. You already know that I'm just kidding on that. That's everyone's dilemma -- panic buying. I did it and I already sold it lower what I paid for. Do I feel bad? Yeah. But did it help regain back what I loss? Yep. ;) 

8 minutes ago, spanner said:

I have only ordered a couple things from BIJ previously without any hick-ups so I thought I'd give them another go and pre ordered the VF-1D.

Fingers crossed it all goes through ok.

Good for you, @spanner. I'm still contemplating. Just don't have the budget to pay upfront esp this season. Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

This one's a web-shop exclusive, so really doubtful HLJ will carry them.  I think a lot of people are jumpy because of the sudden announcement of the included fan racer, and the general terribleness of the idea of spending Christmas Eve mashing F5.

I'm okay with paying ahead on this one, because I just flat out won't be here tomorrow night.

Edited by Chronocidal

FYI, FromJapan (and other proxies I've used) will refund immediately if they can't put in an order for you.

You can order P-Bandai stuff from them, but since it's a strict limit of 6 per address/phone number, they're limited in how many orders they can put in.

I love the fact that Bandai toss in the Fan Racer ,  and I think the price is still very good .     But that Fan Racer ain’t free like the special flight display stand .

This vf-1D is the most expensive msrp 1/48 Dx chogokin to date at 23100 yen (tax included)

The other TWE and 1/48 was at 19800 yen (tax included)

But at the end price is still good , I preordered my usual.  :D

40 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I don’t get how anyone is ordering at FromJapan. Doesn’t the link need to be live for them to place the order?

Yup , FJ can’t place anything until it goes live tomorrow.   Right now the people that already paid are not confirmed orders .  It’s just a paid preorder request.   If fromjapan cant order it tomorrow due to whatever reason, they will cancel and refund your money .

Edited by F360

11 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Does a Tenso account allow you to order straight from the Bandai website?

Only if you can arrange yourself a genuine Japanese phone number to register with, the one Tenso gives is already registered to a P-Bandai account, and cannot be reused.