Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

22 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This.
It’s not about offending them but it’s the busiest time of the year in the middle of a pandemic worse than we’ve seen in our lifetimes. Is some toy that just came out a week ago in Japan that has to go through proxy’s to get anywhere else and shouldn’t be sold to anyone outside of Japan really that big of a deal that anyone needs to be sending messages asking about it right now? I’m waiting a couple weeks into the new year before I even begin to think about asking about any of my pending toys.

When people send my business stupid messages like that they get umped to the end of the line. If they become really annoying we will hold on to stuff for months before shipping it to them.

Don't forget consumers. You're buying stuff from people. People that can "punish" you for being annoying. 

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

When people send my business stupid messages like that they get umped to the end of the line. If they become really annoying we will hold on to stuff for months before shipping it to them.

Don't forget consumers. You're buying stuff from people. People that can "punish" you for being annoying. 

While I think that is pretty messed up too, I don’t doubt it happens. Especially with smaller companies where there are a few people dealing with customers, they will start remembering people who keep hounding them. Catch them on a bad day and they might just do something to spite you. Even worse if they are already disgruntled employees for whatever reason. Who knows exactly what the situation is in these shops but it’s highly likely this time isn’t a kick back, stress free, chill season where they get one ticket asking where the item is and rush to politely answer the one guy who asked about it.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

I do see a slight curvature to the emblems and also slightly oval/square-ish side(?) shape which needs to be compensated.  

A 3d print maybe a better option for a tighter fit.

Or put the 3D printed ones down for folks with $$$ (cant imagine it to be expensive to 3d print it tho) or 0 DIY skillz :D 

But yes, agree that it shouldn't be too hard to DIY. Depends on your level of OCDness ;)

Noticed it from tekerings photo few pages back..

identical.thumb.jpg.877e6845380121d6feefac86f175dd4c.thumb.jpg.9b116f89f8612cb871e4a1ac508a9fa0.jpg 

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Hah, yeah, the OCDness is really what it boils down to.  I was actually thinking of just using plastic thin enough that it would bend to fit, or just be thin enough to be a "good enough" fit that you couldn't see the difference.  The recessed area gives you a little room to work with, at least.  ^_^ 

Really though, this is probably a prime project for a Shapeways store item. 

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's a circle that is slightly curved, with two small pegs on the back (slightly different sizes) so you can attach it firmly to the booster. I don't think it would be hard to design that in a CAD program. The standard material options at places like Shapeways should be able to provide sufficient accuracy with a relatively smooth finish.

I'm all for this if someone is going to do it. ;) But can we just attach magnets inside the booster and add some thin metal sheet on the insignia part instead so we don't need the pegs?

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

While I think that is pretty messed up too, I don’t doubt it happens. Especially with smaller companies where there are a few people dealing with customers, they will start remembering people who keep hounding them. Catch them on a bad day and they might just do something to spite you. Even worse if they are already disgruntled employees for whatever reason. Who knows exactly what the situation is in these shops but it’s highly likely this time isn’t a kick back, stress free, chill season where they get one ticket asking where the item is and rush to politely answer the one guy who asked about it.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to get it through their head that if you are hounding people with messages asking where their stuff is.........................THEY'RE TOO BUSY ANSWERING MESSAGES TO PACK/SHIP YOUR STUFF.:fool: 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm all for this if someone is going to do it. ;) But can we just attach magnets inside the booster and add some thin metal sheet on the insignia part instead so we don't need the pegs?

How do you get the radius in the metal?:pardon:

It would be far easier/less costly to 3D print them, pegs and all.

Hi MW friends! It's been a busy month up my way and I haven't had a lot of time to do anything but browse around these parts, but given the latest discussion I wanted to make this drive-by post while I have a spare moment. Okini shipped my two TV fast packs the other day by DHL. Yes, they're headed to the US.

I hope that helps some of you who are concerned. Okini is one of the good shops, so be patient. They'll get to you. There's no need to spam them.

Edited by technoblue

51 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't know why it's so hard for people to get it through their head that if you are hounding people with messages asking where their stuff is.........................THEY'RE TOO BUSY ANSWERING MESSAGES TO PACK/SHIP YOUR STUFF.:fool: 

I think people in the States or western culture are just used to “the customer is always right.” I’m kinda in the middle about this topic. Part of the challenge is simply the lack of logic in how things get shipped for some of these shops. It’s not always “first come, first serve.” So I don’t blame people for the nudge here and there. 

Anyway, I digress because I think impatience is another thing altogether and that translates to any culture as annoying. Haha If enough impatient people piss off the one person answering all of the inquiries for a shop then they’ll become jaded and act so just like you and @Slave IV have said.

And on that note, Kurama Toys invoiced me for shipping. :good: It was $48 for a single Supers set. So, I’ve noted their rates are a bit high for shipping but not complaining cuz I’m just content getting Macross during a pandemic lol

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

And on that note, Kurama Toys invoiced me for shipping. :good: It was $48 for a single Supers set. So, I’ve noted their rates are a bit high for shipping but not complaining cuz I’m just content getting Macross during a pandemic lol

I just got a reply from Kurama Toys as to why the shipping via DHL comes to $48 USD. Apparently the breakdown is 14.5+additional 33.5. I also get an impression from their wording that you can either take or leave it, and with me being the needy one here during the pandemic, suppose I may have to cough that up.

9 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I just got a reply from Kurama Toys as to why the shipping via DHL comes to $48 USD. Apparently the breakdown is 14.5+additional 33.5. I also get an impression from their wording that you can either take or leave it, and with me being the needy one here during the pandemic, suppose I may have to cough that up.

Ah great update thanks! Yeah I didn’t even argue with them. Just paid it. All good - who knows what their negotiated rates are as a small shop.

2 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

the collection grows !!! please some one help me 

this is to addictive lol

f9c06d50-fd53-4df1-bf1d-18bd09cf0658.jpe

Nice Alan! They really look nice altogether standing out against dark background esp ones that is 'galaxy far far away'. :good:

Wait... I think you're in the 'wrong thread'. If you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Hahaha!  j/k :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice Alan! They really look nice altogether standing out against dark background esp ones that is 'galaxy far far away'. :good:

Wait... I think you're in the 'wrong thread'. If you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Hahaha!  j/k :lol:

think i want to call my self a collector but in reality im a hoarder and collect  many many toys lol .. but yep the macross saga from a galaxy far far away 

2 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

think i want to call my self a collector but in reality im a hoarder and collect  many many toys lol .. but yep the macross saga from a galaxy far far away 

haha, some of us definitely know the feeling. 

@DYRL VF-1S, you always got the grounded approach. :good:

Anyone outside of Japan should feel lucky anytime they can get their hands on any Macross release. 

17 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

My wife just started calling me that the moment she saw my toy boxes. :lol: 

But then, I can't just call out about her impulse buying adding to the mix, right? If I do that, it's World War III. :rofl: 

30 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

@DYRL VF-1S, you always got the grounded approach. :good:

Anyone outside of Japan should feel lucky anytime they can get their hands on any Macross release. 

:good:

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But then, I can't just call out about her impulse buying adding to the mix, right? If I do that, it's World War III. :rofl: 

Right?! I feel you. I feel you.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

How do you get the radius in the metal?:pardon:

It would be far easier/less costly to 3D print them, pegs and all.

I was just throwing ideas since I'm really not into the cost of doing the 3D thing and all. I'm just thinking if there's like a widely available round cut thin metal that we can use to apply the magnet method so we don't need to keep on popping out the booster cover whenever we want to replace the insignia. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

mine buys shoes!!! wanted to give me the guilt trip of spending to much in toys and then i said well i can sell mine and get my money back 

can you do that with your shoes?

lol WW3 that was 

22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I guess I have it good. My wife and I have separate accounts/money. We don't care what each other spends on their stuff. She doesn't buy anything anyway. I'm guessing she has a big chunk of money saved up.:unknw:

Yep, me too.  We have separate and a joint.  But she keeps moving money from her separate into the joint.  She understands my passion for this stuff so as long as we're putting away our target for savings and bills are getting paid, she's good with this.  She is less good with Kurama and their 75.00 USD FEDEX charges but she understands pandemic and what are we gonna do...

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wait! What?! Fan Racer?! Now I'm going to be forced to get one too??? Oh no! :shok:

Or... for those who's going to order multiples maybe can sell me just the Fan Racer? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

23 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looks to be the case. As well as extended seats for Battroid mode. This just got real interesting and gonna make the release a lot more desirable. 

That is awesome, Bandai really went out of its way for this one. I see this 1D selling out quickly. Being broke right now is super poor timing, this is the one I've always wanted.