Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 hours ago, altego101 said:

Curious if anyone else got this similar message from NNG for their Roy's.   For the record I was in the first batch of orders at the $170ish price.  Ordered two.  This is their response for me last Monday.  Not sure if its wording or if im reading into it too much but "stock delivery" implying that they are waiting from Bandai stock?  Ive sent them a follow up message for more details.  

Thank you for your message, 

Due to the restriction with the covid 19
Our stock delivery is a bit late.
Your order will be ship  as soon as possible

If you need anything else please let us know.

sounds like nng are not prioritsing the people who paid the least. I seen people getting theirs when they paid higher price from nng.

I had a bad expereince with nng a dispute when they tried to sell my hikaru for roy in preorder and took  full money and had to fight it with paypal for 2 months

1 hour ago, Alan Molina said:

sounds like nng are not prioritsing the people who paid the least. I seen people getting theirs when they paid higher price from nng.

I had a bad expereince with nng a dispute when they tried to sell my hikaru for roy in preorder and took  full money and had to fight it with paypal for 2 months

It due to your experience and that of several members that I was *very* worried about the Roy PO I had with NNG. I was in the very first round, where I received a 10% discount on MSRP. I started taking snapshots of the listing for Roy on NNG's site on a regular basis, to show that they were continuing to sell it at a steep markup, so I could more solidly make my case to PayPal for a refund on the grounds of false advertising, on top of non-delivery of goods, if they canceled my order and tried to offer me store credit. As release day approached, I took snapshots daily. I then held my breath after release day and the first shipping notices started to go out. I received my shipping notice about 24 hours after release and Roy arrived here four days later. Several others in the first round received their notices as well. Sadly, it looks like there are some in that group who are still waiting. There might not be any kind of logic to how NNG is shipping out orders, and when. Several pages back in this thread, there was a comment about Roy being available enough that stores like NNG, which might have sold units they didn't have, should be able to fill all of their orders by securing stock from other sources. On the bright side, no one has received order cancellation notices. Here's hoping that shipping notices show up soon.

7 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

It due to your experience and that of several members that I was *very* worried about the Roy PO I had with NNG. I was in the very first round, where I received a 10% discount on MSRP. I started taking snapshots of the listing for Roy on NNG's site on a regular basis, to show that they were continuing to sell it at a steep markup, so I could more solidly make my case to PayPal for a refund on the grounds of false advertising, on top of non-delivery of goods, if they canceled my order and tried to offer me store credit. As release day approached, I took snapshots daily. I then held my breath after release day and the first shipping notices started to go out. I received my shipping notice about 24 hours after release and Roy arrived here four days later. Several others in the first round received their notices as well. Sadly, it looks like there are some in that group who are still waiting. There might not be any kind of logic to how NNG is shipping out orders, and when. Several pages back in this thread, there was a comment about Roy being available enough that stores like NNG, which might have sold units they didn't have, should be able to fill all of their orders by securing stock from other sources. On the bright side, no one has received order cancellation notices. Here's hoping that shipping notices show up soon.

Glad you did get yours mate.  hoping everyone else will get theirs too at some point. 

On 12/3/2020 at 5:35 AM, Anasazi37 said:

Did someone mention needing ejection seat triangle and cockpit skull decals? :D I'm open to doing another run of my DX valk supplemental set.

preview2.jpg

They've been coming through for many of us. My order from them arrived today. At least one of the members in your position contacted Nin-Nin and asked for a status update. They were told that there was a shipment delay for some of the stock and orders would be going out next week (I think).

I'd interested in a couple of sets of this, too. They look really great!

4 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

I'd like to know as well. 

I believe the bottom and the rear part is the Tamashii Nations Act Trident clear stand, then the front part is the clear adapter that came with the DX valk.

Amazon.com: Bandai Tamashii Nations Act Trident Tamashii Stage Action Figure, Clear: Toys & Games

Edited by rdrunner

5 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

yeah, this is truly un-ethical biz practices, but whatevs...

6 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

yeah, this is truly un-ethical biz practices, but whatevs...

NNG sent out my more expensive Roy first on release day, but they did fulfill my $170 Roy the week after.

I recall a user posting their NNG Roy with another retailers price sticker. I don't know what system they're using to choose whose order is prioritized, but I'm waiting to see how they handle the TV super parts now.

For those of you curious of how Okiniland packs, just got mine today after placing my order on Dec 1st.  Arrived in perfect condition. One layer bubble wrap in a box with some room in the box. The outer box made the trip mostly intact with minimal corner denting. 

max-dx-vf-1s-roy.jpg

8 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

I paid a markup at Nin Nin and still no word on shipping.......

37 minutes ago, max said:

For those of you curious of how Okiniland packs, just got mine today after placing my order on Dec 1st.  Arrived in perfect condition. One layer bubble wrap in a box with some room in the box. The outer box made the trip mostly intact with minimal corner denting. 

max-dx-vf-1s-roy.jpg

Hmm... My order with Okini was on Dec. 1 as well.  Waiting for DHL to get it out of their delivery facility and delivered to me this evening.  Hoping mine arrives with minimal corner denting as well.  My first one was with Nin-Nin, and they used the one layer of small bubble-wrap, too.  The condition was decent enough--They could have at least used two layers of bubble wrap with all the space that was left inside the shipping box.  Doubt it would have cost that much more in shipping.  I paid about $350 for mine with Nin-Nin.

Edited by Jade20X

9 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

Yeah, I truly believe this is their business model.  I paid about $350 for mine from NNG (which I was okay with), and felt that my chances of getting this immediately after release date was pretty high with them.  (I got mine from NNG on 12/3.)  I'm certain that if I had managed to snatch one up during their initial, lower-priced PO window for this, either I wouldn't get it till months later or I would never get it at all from them.  I read reviews where lower-priced POs were later cancelled on NNG customers, and the item went back in stock and relisted at a much higher price on NNG's website.

Don't get me wrong--I'd still do business with them, but I'd have to be realistic with my expectations on their services based upon how much I paid for a particular item.

Edited by Jade20X

8 minutes ago, Jade20X said:

I'm certain that if I had managed to snatch one up during their initial, lower-priced PO window for this, either I wouldn't get it till months later or I would never get it at all from them. 

Are you still holding to this belief when in fact a lot of the initial lower-priced POs here have been received already as early as 12/1 even and was sent out 24-48 hours after the (or A) higher priced one was shipped out? Just read a few pages back. @Alan Molina's transaction with them was unfortunate but that seemed to have stemmed this idea and gotten out of control.

Just a heads-up to anyone ordering from NNG: if you chose private warehouse for your stuff, they won't ship out until early the month after release. This is what happened with my YF-29 from them.

The VF-1S Roy I just had them ship directly, and it shipped out fairly quickly (before Amazon Japan shipped). Both were direct MSRP pre-orders.

I'm a bit jelly of all you guys who already have theirs! Really glad I found one on Manda and put in a claim against NY.

My DHL delivery eta has now revised to Monday 14th.. looks like it got delayed a little in Japan. Oh well.. I'll be on holidays by then so I'll be home to receive it.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just a heads-up to anyone ordering from NNG: if you chose private warehouse for your stuff, they won't ship out until early the month after release. This is what happened with my YF-29 from them.

The VF-1S Roy I just had them ship directly, and it shipped out fairly quickly (before Amazon Japan shipped). Both were direct MSRP pre-orders.

I ordered two from NNG on the night or pre-order.  I don't recall private warehouse being an option, but then again, this was in the heat of pre-order night, so I might have missed that.  I selected FedEx/DHL shipping from the outset.  Since I couldn't find Roy's VF-1S available anywhere else that night, I ordered two from NNG at around $225 each.  I've been assured by NNG that shipping should happen this week.  As of yet, my status on the order is still "pre-order confirmed" (i.e. no new movement since they were ordered).  

That said, I've ordered one other time with NNG and didn't really have much of a problem.  It was a pre-order and I didn't get it shipped until after I opened a help ticket to inquire about it, but it got to me just fine.  

Edited by Draykov

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I believe the bottom and the rear part is the Tamashii Nations Act Trident clear stand, then the front part is the clear adapter that came with the DX valk.

Amazon.com: Bandai Tamashii Nations Act Trident Tamashii Stage Action Figure, Clear: Toys & Games

Yeah I used a Trident stand and modified it to connect with the clear adapter.

I gave up any hope of NY responding to my ticket, so filed a claim and got one on ebay. They said standard shipping so it’d arrive mid-January. FedEx truck showed up today with it. I guess they did FedEx 2-day instead. This kind of thing never happens to me! Woot! :D

So, something to keep in mind about that skull, it's not symmetrical, and the skull isn't actually centered in the design.  

What I suspect has been happening for a long time is that the logo is being centered by its longest and widest dimensions, which are not actually centered, or level.

1506166441_ss(2020-12-09at12_22.58).thumb.jpg.1fe3fb8c0dee8d45512418786ef01b17.jpg'

The bottom edge of the logo is not level at all, and trying to level it based on that will give you the infamous tilted skull we've had for years.  The bones are also not centered on the skull, so printing the logo based on centering it from the widest point will give you just about the same amount of off-centered-ness you see on your Roy.

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, something to keep in mind about that skull, it's not symmetrical, and the skull isn't actually centered in the design.  

What I suspect has been happening for a long time is that the logo is being centered by its longest and widest dimensions, which are not actually centered, or level.

1506166441_ss(2020-12-09at12_22.58).thumb.jpg.1fe3fb8c0dee8d45512418786ef01b17.jpg'

The bottom edge of the logo is not level at all, and trying to level it based on that will give you the infamous tilted skull we've had for years.  The bones are also not centered on the skull, so printing the logo based on centering it from the widest point will give you just about the same amount of off-centered-ness you see on your Roy.

That said, you want the eyes to be level with each other and in the middle of the chest with the crossbones being off to the side a bit. Not the X being centered with the skull being off a bit.

You want that, yes, but if someone who doesn't care enough to look at it is punching "CENTER" into the computer, that's not going to put the skull where it needs to be.  We can fix it ourselves, but I don't really expect Bandai to manually center it where it should be.

Edited by Chronocidal

15 hours ago, Actar said:

Does anyone feel like the Skull Squadron emblem on the heatshield is slightly off center? Is it supposed to be like this?

20201209_155856.thumb.jpg.cccce3a6214469ac74a1469dc9e25ead.jpg

The skull is definitely asymmetrical in its design. Not by a lot, but by enough to cause alignment problems if you're not careful, as others have said. I ran into this when I re-drafted the skull for my DX decal sheet (will hopefully have time this afternoon to reply to all of the PMs I've received about it).

Something you can't "unsee" on the Roy DX, once you know it's there, is the brighter yellow vertical stripe just behind the air brake flap on the chestplate. At first I thought it was a small defect with my Roy, but I checked my Hikaru 1S and the exact stripe is on it, too, but it's more subtle. I'm betting it's on my Hayao as well, but haven't checked it yet. My best guess is that it's an artifact of how Bandai paints the stripes. Something about the yellow paint, or the color yellow in general, might make it more noticeable on Roy than on the other ones. Click on the picture below to embiggen it and reveal the stripe in all its yellow glory.

image.thumb.png.45b228943e67425ec559d78efd389fd8.png

Edited by Anasazi37