Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Battle_Me said:

Very new to this. This information is very helpful. Thank you! Going to create an account with MyK and also check those proxies. Going to place an order for April release instead of trying for a December release. 

Happy to help. Worst case, the proxies might say they are maxed out, but at least you'll have a much better idea about what your options are.

9 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hey man, Shawn did it through Buyee / Tenso - see above. Trick here is to not elect the secure packaging. They just put a box in a box. HOWEVER, that means you'll trust the original seller to package correctly.

When it arrives in their warehouse, you can request a pic and they'll send it to you so you can make that call.

He had other stuff in that package....looking for someone that just had the DX and nothing else

1 minute ago, F360 said:

he only have the DX VF-1s roy..   you can take a look at his photo.

No, he told me there was something else.  It was seemingly insignificant, in terms of added weight/box size...but I have dealt with Buyee before and I don't trust them enough to have not charged him more because of the extra items.  Thus, why I am looking for someone that just requested shipping on a single DX.  If it is 150USD, then it is what it is and it would make buying one from Buyee a worse option than eBay at the moment.

Curious if anyone else got this similar message from NNG for their Roy's.   For the record I was in the first batch of orders at the $170ish price.  Ordered two.  This is their response for me last Monday.  Not sure if its wording or if im reading into it too much but "stock delivery" implying that they are waiting from Bandai stock?  Ive sent them a follow up message for more details.  

Thank you for your message, 

Due to the restriction with the covid 19
Our stock delivery is a bit late.
Your order will be ship  as soon as possible

If you need anything else please let us know.

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No, he told me there was something else.  It was seemingly insignificant, in terms of added weight/box size...but I have dealt with Buyee before and I don't trust them enough to have not charged him more because of the extra items.  Thus, why I am looking for someone that just requested shipping on a single DX.  If it is 150USD, then it is what it is and it would make buying one from Buyee a worse option than eBay at the moment.

Fedex and DHL is by DIM weight, so which ever is larger they will use that one. weight or Dim Weight.

$150 is defiantly the in the Highs.

Someone used fromjapan to ship a DX and it was around $85  ,they probably double boxed that one too. 

Base on some replies from members that shipped their dx from other proxies, Depending on the size of the shipping box, your shipping cost can be from 6000 yen to 15000 yen

also from other members:

Tenso is charging around 5525 yen for DHL
Amiami is charging around 6000 yen for DHL

Edited by F360

Yeah- I had that 'gigantic' white envelope in the middle of the 2 boxes in this pic, so that contaminated my $150 shipping experience.
Thinking about it now I bet if I would have shipped them individually I bet I could have saved 50% LOL
Buyee doesn't apparently make any attempt to optimize shipping, they just throw everything into a bigger box and let it go as is.

image.thumb.png.61299f922de8eaf863978542e6914ea2.png

1 minute ago, rocketblast said:

Yup and I ended up ordering the super parts too this time.  Though, AE won't let me pay for shipping yet.  I forgot where else I ordered one set from lol

You can check for any order confirmation on your email to find out what's the other store is. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, altego101 said:

Curious if anyone else got this similar message from NNG for their Roy's.   For the record I was in the first batch of orders at the $170ish price.  Ordered two.  This is their response for me last Monday.  Not sure if its wording or if im reading into it too much but "stock delivery" implying that they are waiting from Bandai stock?  Ive sent them a follow up message for more details.  

Several members received that message. Best guess is that they've exhausted the stock that Bandai sent them and have moved on to stock from other stores that they secured, which is taking a bit longer to show up. I was in the first round as well, but ordered only one. Received a FedEx shipping notice within 24 hours of release.

3 hours ago, spanner said:

Got shipping notification from Mandarake yesterday evening. :yahoo:

If it arrives before the weekend great! If not either way as I'm on holidays for a month from this Friday anyways. ^_^

Well that's a giant dose of good news.

Hope you get things figured out with NY and then never use them again. 

Ohh found it found it...

this is for the super parts, bought from this place and AE.
Payment to Collectoys Goudougaisha          ¥11,480

Amount paid          ¥11,480

https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/24882-macross-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-tv-edition-vf-1.html

Edited by rocketblast
url for friends :D

5 hours ago, altego101 said:

Yep.  I ordered two at around $225 and I'm still waiting.  They estimate they will ship sometime this week.  So, either the late stock they're referring to is intended for something other than their initial batch of shipments to customers, or something else is at play.   

All sellers on ebay say this is an "expensive" item in japan and that the price has been rising.

As far as shipping goes, one seller used COVID as the excuse though they were suppose to ship 1 day after my first one with the same shipping method (FedEx) and it has not been scanned into FedEx system yet since Dec. 1.  My most recent order a few days ago is FedEx as well and has been processed through the system and I believe should be here by the end of the week.

8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Hey man, Shawn did it through Buyee / Tenso - see above. Trick here is to not elect the secure packaging. They just put a box in a box. HOWEVER, that means you'll trust the original seller to package correctly.

When it arrives in their warehouse, you can request a pic and they'll send it to you so you can make that call.

DeJapan charged me 5200 yens by EMS to Mexico 

Edited by betocc

2 hours ago, F360 said:

price seems to be going back up on amazon.co.jp seems to be around  30000 yen before shipping to USA. now.

image.thumb.png.a9ed010f5c7bc39376173e1527654600.png

That's close to ¥38k for me to Canada, so screw it.. 

For that amount, I might as well get another Chronos or a Karios to be honest. Maybe the eventual DX YF-21 pre-order will cover that with some funds left over. 

Edited by borgified

Just checked out an unboxing video for the DX 1/48 VF-1S by Luna Park. The second comment by AlmostOnTimeHero (paraphrasing here): "I checked out your store. You have a lot of nice things! I wish you the best. Good luck. "From Japan, selling Beautiful Figures to Beautiful People Around the World." That's your slogan. LOL. I don't think you know your demographic."

GOLD. :lol: