Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

24 minutes ago, Drad said:

I have to ask, was this seller a native Japanese person? I find it highly unusual that they'd just put it in a bag. They're typically extremely careful and pack very well. I've had packages from China come in the manner you described, but never Japan.

It doesn't matter since it's already done, but I was just curious. Thanks.

Yup it appears to be a Japanese name on the return address. The box is actually pretty good considering how it was packaged but mint box collectors would be pissed, I know a guy that drives for FedEx and he told me the packages are typically thrown from the belts to the trucks when they're really busy so it could have been a lot worse for sure. Of course I'm still working so I haven't actually taken the figure out of the box yet......

7 minutes ago, crackpot said:

@borgifiedThis is probably the scenario with NY right now and to those who (unfortunately) have to pre-order from them:

20201202_174745.thumb.jpg.e1a919181542ad69e18dee0ad494fa21.jpg

tenor.thumb.gif.cf1928211196813f8a9f3a2f39e63fd2.gif

I just hope they get their orders or their money back. :)

Not even, I'm afraid mine ends on Pre-order - Payment OK. Why, yes, I did miss the preorder windows everywhere else! Chat with them earlier ended with them saying that preorders ship the day of official release. When I pointed out that it was a few days ago, they told me to open a ticket. We'll see what they say, if anything.

8 minutes ago, Boroboy said:

Not even, I'm afraid mine ends on Pre-order - Payment OK. Why, yes, I did miss the preorder windows everywhere else! Chat with them earlier ended with them saying that preorders ship the day of official release. When I pointed out that it was a few days ago, they told me to open a ticket. We'll see what they say, if anything.

<_< I'm thinking the people on the chat are located in another country unaware of what's really happening in the main location.

Edited by crackpot

6 hours ago, Alan Molina said:

snow storm in new mexico? 

Yep! I live at roughly 6300 feet, right next to one of the mountain ranges. Woke up to about six inches of snow. FedEx wasn't daunted, though. Roy showing up today was a complete surprise, but a welcome one.

6 hours ago, levzloi said:

The North American West is pretty diverse.  :D

Capture.thumb.JPG.3a73e3ecd6acb70d7df431c3b5b32ea5.JPG

:rofl: That's how I feel some days. I look out my window and say "Mountains!"

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Anyone weigh one of these? Curious how many grams it weighs? (to reconcile my shipping costs)
S

I feel like this needs the Dave Chappelle crack meme that's been bouncing around in this thread for a few days. Weighing out valks in grams.... :D

Edited by Anasazi37

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Congrats - I can't wait to see your finished version of Roy with the gorgeous panel lining and the white landing gears!

Thanks! And ugh thanks for reminding me that each DX release means breaking out the white paint and primer and masking tape again. :lol:

I bet there's no ejection seat marking or skull emblem behind the cockpit too...

My TV Roy 1S got here a little while ago, no QC issues, the arms stay up better in fighter mode than my Hikaru 1S, and the wing flaps stay in place a bit more snugly as well. Very happy with it, and I'm glad that Nin-Nin came through for me and everyone else as well.

I was in the $225.29 group price wise, cost me $275.10 with shipping. If there's any future pre-order madness and the other places are sold out, I'll go with Nin-Nin again. :)

20 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

My TV Roy 1S got here a little while ago, no QC issues, the arms stay up better in fighter mode than my Hikaru 1S, and the wing flaps stay in place a bit more snugly as well. Very happy with it, and I'm glad that Nin-Nin came through for me and everyone else as well.

I was in the $225.29 group price wise, cost me $275.10 with shipping. If there's any future pre-order madness and the other places are sold out, I'll go with Nin-Nin again. :)

Eh...not quite everyone.  I ordered 2 at $225.29 and I'm still waiting to hear.  My safety from Anime Export, however, got here on Monday. 

1 hour ago, Actar said:

Does anyone know how long Okini Land takes to ship?

20hrs ago they said its shipped, provided me EMS tracking number via email but till now checks with Japan Post says tat item not found....my first time ordering from them.....

1 minute ago, Ash said:

20hrs ago they said its shipped, provided me EMS tracking number via email but till now checks with Japan Post says tat item not found....my first time ordering from them.....

I order it on Sunday and just sent them a ticket regarding this....will post again when there's update.....

I opened a PayPal claim on NY for the DX Roy,  Dom Troppen,  and the Super Parts Missiles.

they have a strategy of running out the clock by getting early preorders that go past the 180 days of PayPal Protection.  Once they don’t ship on release, you’re already past 180.

Edited by Ridden001

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

Hey @Kyp Durron, we had both ordered from NNG on PO night, happy to see that you've got yours at long last.  Mine is still showing "preparation in progress" (since 11/30), sent another ticket yesterday but am trying VERY hard to resist the urge to ping them again...

1 hour ago, Draykov said:

Eh...not quite everyone.  I ordered 2 at $225.29 and I'm still waiting to hear.  My safety from Anime Export, however, got here on Monday. 

Hopefully they'll come through for the rest of us who are still waiting.  I also have a safety from Mykombini shipped yesterday with FedEx, but with no expected delivery date yet.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

I order it on Sunday and just sent them a ticket regarding this....will post again when there's update.....

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Finally Japan Post updated their records....

20201203_110757.jpg

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

No extra protective packaging, box is 3300 grams, or 7.2 pounds.

Really curious how this thing is packed. Maybe it was safety packed, then stuffed into a larger box as was mentioned before

Will find out in a couple days when I get my $400 focker!

Info from hobbysearch for Dx Roy 

Item Size/Weight : 38 x 25.2 x 14.7 cm / 1715g

that’s before packing and shipper box.

my total weight from Hlj detail is 2300g shipped .  17x13x9 inches 

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! And ugh thanks for reminding me that each DX release means breaking out the white paint and primer and masking tape again. :lol:

I bet there's no ejection seat marking or skull emblem behind the cockpit too...

Did someone mention needing ejection seat triangle and cockpit skull decals? :D I'm open to doing another run of my DX valk supplemental set.

preview2.jpg

35 minutes ago, Vexxet said:

sorry guys, I've missed a lot of this conversation.  looks like nin nin game still hasnt updated my order.  does anyone know if something happened to them.  i am extremely worried as they were super shady on preorder night.

They've been coming through for many of us. My order from them arrived today. At least one of the members in your position contacted Nin-Nin and asked for a status update. They were told that there was a shipment delay for some of the stock and orders would be going out next week (I think).

58 minutes ago, Vexxet said:

sorry guys, I've missed a lot of this conversation.  looks like nin nin game still hasnt updated my order.  does anyone know if something happened to them.  i am extremely worried as they were super shady on preorder night.

Nin Nin has already delivered one of my Roys (a late order batch) while my first order batch Roy is still under preparation (after paying an extra shipping fee).

If @Anasazi37 is correct, then looks like they'll most likely be shipped out next week.

I'm also surprised to hear so many negative things about Nippon Yassan, which I haven't ordered Roy from. I've ordered various items from them in the past and they've always come through. Maybe COVID changed how they operate?

51 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Did someone mention needing ejection seat triangle and cockpit skull decals? :D I'm open to doing another run of my DX valk supplemental set.

preview2.jpg

They've been coming through for many of us. My order from them arrived today. At least one of the members in your position contacted Nin-Nin and asked for a status update. They were told that there was a shipment delay for some of the stock and orders would be going out next week (I think).

What do I need to do to get this wonderful decal set? :shok:

Just got home and opened the box. I'm only getting one of each DX now, so hopefully no QC issues. 

PXL_20201203_052340175.thumb.jpg.b52f34595bbd2d5d35c9e42fa90d6f9e.jpg

37 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

No, the heat shield for Roy/Hikaru’s VF-1S on SDFM also had a skull

I knew that. I mean the little black badge shape with the skull on it, that sits slightly behind the canopy on the fuselage. Thought those were movie only.