Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Anyone order from Luna park? Anyone hear anything from them?

Yes, they shipped mine on Monday and respond well when you contact them.  They are solid.  I’ve gotten all of my second DX copies from them so far.  Going forward I’m not  buying the first through NY anymore and going straight through Luna

Edited by Ridden001

15 minutes ago, peter said:

I'm actually glad to hear that the differences are hardly noticeable because I really wanted the DYRL version but ordered the SDFM version.  I still might flip it if they release a DYRL version though.

I’m in the same boat. I’m only collecting DYRL versions but to me the TV Roy is close enough. Of course if they ever release a DYRL version I might be weak. I’m also seriously considering the 1D because I like the colours and head design. And because it will be easier to buy. In theory! But that opens a dangerous can of worms. I’ve always liked the TV Max 1J colours and I don’t have a 1J yet....... And then I might “need” a Miria to go with him. Where’s that crack meme?

36 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

That’s what the air brake looks like on my VF-1J. 

A038604B-5208-4E29-AAC7-F66AC7203D96.jpeg

30 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Mine seems worse :/

image.jpg

At least half of my 11 DX's have goofy air brakes. I Blue Tacked them. It's a "not worth it" feature IMO. More trouble than it's worth.

53 minutes ago, Roi_Fokka said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was their last-minute attempt to micro-scalp some people. Why would they ship out my later order first ( with no request for extra shipping ) while my first order took a few days longer to prep and is now required an additional shipping fee?

At least FedEx delivered my Roy a day early so I'm happy about that! NinNin pulling through but also making decisions I don't fully agree with...

Yeah, I remember doing my research on Nin-Nin this past July right around the pre-order window on this, and people were saying how Nin-Nin was cancelling early, low-priced pre-orders of other items (e.g. Hikaru’s) and then turn around and relist that item at a higher price for sale.  I was also afraid that they wouldn’t ship anything out to the US until Coronavirus was over considering EMS hasn’t been shipping anything from Japan to the US since spring.  I’m hoping nothing goes wrong to the package on its way to me and that Nin-Nin packages things really well. 

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

What the heck. I am on From Japan checkout and with FedEx Int Priority, it comes to 9,654 yen. With DHL, 10,983 yen????

It is just for a package containing Roy. What’s going on here? Is this the norm?

You can try emailing them to see if they can use a smaller shipping box to lower shipping cost .   FedEx and Dhl is by dim weight , so the bigger the shipping box the more it will cost .  

Still nothing from NY.. not sure i even want to send them a message as they just ignore them anyways. If this goes south and they don't ship my order then I think will seek legal advice to determine what rights or position I am in to be able to get my money back. Though i don't hold highs hopes for this.

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

Got one for 250 via buyee/tenso 

Dhl is 150....WTH did they pack it in???

I win.

I have all but stopped using them. Their shipping rates/policies are "usury". That is EXCESSIVELY high though. I would message them before paying. In my experience a DX should be about $65-70 through Tenso.