Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Certainly would've been nice to get one at that price but I doubt it's going to get better from here. $310 shipped hurts but something tells me it's gonna hurt even more in the future. I'll take my lumps now rather than later.

I totally missed it because I was getting my kids ready for bed. Oh well... it went so fast and HLJ got hammered so hard my monitor didn’t even see the page update. 

Ended up getting one from Amazon JP, shipped to my Rakuten warehouse and will ship out via sea freight once I accumulate more goodies there. Unit price ended up being ¥4,220 more than getting from HLJ. Hopefully will make up the difference in shipping since HLJ can only send to AU via DHL. Pity though because I have a Freedom Concept 2 sitting in HLJ PW I would have liked to combined ship. 

Just now, Kanzaki said:

Manage to snag one from HLJ but was too nervous and forgot to enter the promo code at checkout. Still very lucky to snag one at retail price.

If I was able to jump on HLJ I would have not bothered with the coupon. If mucking around with the coupon caused me to miss securing the order I would have been majorly upset. 

Woke up this morning with an e-mail from Nin-Nin saying they had shipped off my order!  They've upgraded me to DHL with an ETA of this Wed (12/2).  After reading various reviews about them from before, I'm pleasantly surprised my shipment is going out this soon (or even at all).  Can't wait for this to arrive.

1 hour ago, Actar said:

Meh, just said screw it and went for it. Good to just get it out of the way and not have to think about it. Especially if it will double in price later on down the line.

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Would have been nice to grab one at HLJ. Looks like they are showing "discontinued" now.

17 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Would have been nice to grab one at HLJ. Looks like they are showing "discontinued" now.

I'm actually considering selling off my 1J to kinda offset the cost. Anyone interested? (^.^')

29 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

Same here, i spent all weekend waiting to see the change from order stop to in stock but now it shows discontinued. What a luck!

I sill have faith in Nin Nin, waiting for my shipping confirmation

7 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Same here, i spent all weekend waiting to see the change from order stop to in stock but now it shows discontinued. What a luck!

I sill have faith in Nin Nin, waiting for my shipping confirmation

I'm still waiting for my shipping notification from NNG as well.  Overnight US time they have updated my status from "pre order" to "preparation in progress".  

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I'm still waiting for my shipping notification from NNG as well.  Overnight US time they have updated my status from "pre order" to "preparation in progress".  

Thank you for posting that update! I just checked my status and it's the same. Hopefully Tuesday is the day.