Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, technoblue said:

Wow. I was expecting my VF-1S to arrive from A-E tomorrow, but Fed-Ex dropped it off today with my YF-29 from HLJ. DX Roy is in the house!B)) 

Woops. I need to correct myself from earlier. A-E and HLJ sent my packages by DHL, which explains how they got here so quickly.

Anyway, I opened my copy to give it a quick check for any potential in-hand QC issues...and since we have a couple video reviews out now.

But first, I gotta say it's so cool to see Roy in his 1S with that classic TV flight suit again. My copy has well done tampo printing and paint applications. There was but one faint mark/smudge that I wiped clean with a damp cloth after opening the plastic clamshell. That was it. There are no other issues that I can see out of the box at the moment. With any luck, most of the things people encounter will be minor like this. I do still need to transform mine between the three different modes though. For now, I only fiddled with the vertical stabs, flaps and fins during my inspection. No issues with the flap gimmick or the other listed parts.

And boy, this fighter is solid. I'm still reminded of that whenever I pick up a DX VF-1. That impression isn't getting old.

34 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Woops. I need to correct myself from earlier. A-E and HLJ sent my packages by DHL, which explains how they got here so quickly.

Anyway, I opened my copy to give it a quick check for any potential in-hand QC issues...and since we have a couple video reviews out now.

But first, I gotta say it's so cool to see Roy in his 1S with that classic TV flight suit again. My copy has well done tampo printing and paint applications. There was but one faint mark/smudge that I wiped clean with a damp cloth after opening the plastic clamshell. That was it. There are no other issues that I can see out of the box at the moment. With any luck, most of the things people encounter will be minor like this. I do still need to transform mine between the three different modes though. For now, I only fiddled with the vertical stabs, flaps and fins during my inspection. No issues with the flap gimmick or the other listed parts.

And boy, this fighter is solid. I'm still reminded of that whenever I pick up a DX VF-1. That impression isn't getting old.

A question for you @technoblue regarding DHL. Did they hit you with so-called brokerage fee + processing fee at delivery? I am dreading to go with DHL regardless of the speed (them quick for sure) because one time I got ripped off pretty good that now I shiver when I see the yellow cargo van. Or is it just for us lucky Canadians?

Edited by Angesdad

2 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

A question for you @technoblue regarding DHL. Did they hit you with so-called brokerage fee + processing fee at delivery? I am dreading to go with DHL regardless of the speed (them quick for sure) because one time I got ripped off pretty good that now I shiver when I see the yellow cargo van. Or is it just for us lucky Canadians?

I think it's for you lucky Canadians......mostly. I've probably had 100 DHL shipments and I have only gotten one "bill" from them for tax stuff. I think it was over $2000 and set some alarms off.

10 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Yes , you will most likely get hit with import tax .  

1 hour ago, Tenbatsu said:

FYI, Nin Nin just updated that my order is shipped. Using EMS and from the 1st batch @ 17,820yen.

24 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

Finally got my shipping notice from Nin Nin.  Free upgrade to Fedex.  Pretty fast response when I asked for an update a week ago too so they're my replacement N-Y now.

Happy to see two more fellow members receive tracking info from NNG. I’m still waiting (somewhat impatiently now) for mine, and hope that it will ship later today. 

59 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

Finally got my shipping notice from Nin Nin.  Free upgrade to Fedex.  Pretty fast response when I asked for an update a week ago too so they're my replacement N-Y now.

I opened a ticket about my shipping method to be upgraded to fedex/dhl and they sent me a reply saying it will upgraded, I'm guessing at no cost? they said they will be sending me an email as soon as its ready to ship

7 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

I opened a ticket about my shipping method to be upgraded to fedex/dhl and they sent me a reply saying it will upgraded, I'm guessing at no cost? they said they will be sending me an email as soon as its ready to ship

I did exactly the same last week and got the same reply. I think they will upgrade the shipping for us. They’ve done that with another order of mine earlier this year without me asking. 

35 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Well, my first and prob last transaction with DHL was for a $380 USD item shipped from the US. The driver presented me with the item and an invoice for $118 CAD. Oh yeah, they are lightning fast in many ways:shok:.

That doesn't happen from Amazon Japan DHL shipping. They charge the 13% Ontario tax up front plus reasonable shipping fee but that's it and no surprises at your door. But if you ship DHL, Fedex etc. from other stores you will most likely get dinged. My Roy is in the mail with Fedex from Japan and I'm expecting to be bent over at the door.

Edited by Paco Grande

1 hour ago, ps99042 said:

Just got my shipping notice from Nin Nin as well.  Guess they came through after all...

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Hey @Angesdad! I was away from the site for a moment, but it looks like everyone else covered for me. :friends:

Yeah, my understanding is the same as everyone above. It's just for you lucky Canadians (sorry). For smaller personal purchases like Bandai's DX Valkyries, the US tends to wave import tax and fees. Amazon is a recent exception who seems to be proactively charging taxes and fees through its international sites now. Here in the US, that means we pay state tax where applicable (so luck is changing for us too), but everything is taken care of on Amazon's end so there's that.

The one time I had to pay import tax through my courier was when I purchased a unique item from overseas made out of aluminum. This was after the changes to US trade law went into effect a couple years back, and imported aluminum was targeted with an additional import tax. The courier I used at the time sent me a bill by email. 

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

If you buy two it's only $311.66/:D

1789319614_AmazonJPP.thumb.jpg.ba7529c2f735a4210153d18b551d7509.jpg

how are you able to get shipping from Amazon Japan to ship to the US?  I'm in California and this is what I got when I go to the link.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1U8KJDQ4PIKYI&psc=1

11-29-2020 8-08-05 PM.jpg

Edited by sharpnel

10 minutes ago, sharpnel said:

how are you able to get shipping from Amazon Japan to ship to the US?  I'm in California and this is what I got when I go to the link.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1U8KJDQ4PIKYI&psc=1

11-29-2020 8-08-05 PM.jpg

You missed out on the previous marketplace-vendor(s) that ships to the US.

I just checked and none of the current ones there right now ships to the US.

31 minutes ago, treatment said:

You missed out on the previous marketplace-vendor(s) that ships to the US.

I just checked and none of the current ones there right now ships to the US.

Ok that make sense.  I managed to ordered 1 from Okini Land.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, CzarAlko said:

Yeah no cost upgrade to Fedex. Pretty happy with them as this is my first order from them though I guess I should reserve final judgement for after it arrives. 

Edited by ps99042

2 hours ago, drumondo said:

I just got another from Okini Land. Anyone got a shipping notice from them yet?

I ordered from them yesterday for my 2nd set coz cheaper than local reseller in my country. No shipping notice yet. Probably will get it sooner from my local reseller for the 1st set.

Edited by Berserker