Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I randomly checked Amiami earlier and it was listed as "preorder closed". I checked again just now and it's "orders closed". Not sure to read too much into that but I suspect if any pop up there it will be from people who cancel at the last minute.

2 hours ago, Draykov said:

Interesting.  My NNG Roy came in at $225 unit price.  No word on shipping as far as the order status.  I did open a ticket and I did get a response.  They told me their stock delivery was a bit late due to COVID, but that they expect to ship next week as soon as they can get to it. 

We may have been of the same batch (paid $225 as well) got my email from them around 11:30 east coast time. Its already tracking in FedEx app.

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

I randomly checked Amiami earlier and it was listed as "preorder closed". I checked again just now and it's "orders closed". Not sure to read too much into that but I suspect if any pop up there it will be from people who cancel at the last minute.

I’m been monitoring the major retailers for orders opening up again and the only one that has recently is CDJ. It was open for approx 20 mins, but sadly it was 1:48AM AEST and I was asleep. 

6 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

I’m been monitoring the major retailers for orders opening up again and the only one that has recently is CDJ. It was open for approx 20 mins, but sadly it was 1:48AM AEST and I was asleep. 

Hobby search opened up too, added to cart but was cart jacked at the last step yesterday.

Edited by Tenbatsu

8 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I’m in the first batch with NNG’s Roy preorder as well, but would probably wait a bit more than a week before escalating things with them. 

They have delivered my prior orders and I am cautiously optimistic that they will come through. 

Here’s a suggestion: how about all of us NNG buyers keep track of when/how much our preorders were, and let others know once we have shipment updates so at least we all know if they had systematically fulfilled the pricier orders before the cheaper ones. That “evidence” would probably help our case more than spam emails asking “where’s my stuff”?

Rdrunner:  1x Roy DX @ 17,820 yen ordered on July 3

i put in 2 orders for roy on po night.  the one place later on in the night at a higher price has been shipped by nin nin... <_<  the earlier one only has payment confirmed...

2 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

i put in 2 orders for roy on po night.  the one place later on in the night at a higher price has been shipped by nin nin... <_<  the earlier one only has payment confirmed...

NNG has replied to my ticket. I asked if I needed to upgrade from EMS to UPS/DHL. They said they should upgrade it automatically and will let me know when it ships.

I am happy to see that quite a few others have already received tracking info from them. Fingers crossed I will get a tracking number on Monday. 

8 hours ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

I placed a ticket with Nin Nin to upgrade my shipping to DHL/Fedex, since I foolishly chose EMS. Hope it comes through.

Nin Nin order: Shinobi Rendar 1 x Roy @ $225.29 ordered July 3rd

Got a response this morning telling me they will update the shipping in my order. Still no shipping notification though.

Edited by Shinobi Rendar

15 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

NNG has replied to my ticket. I asked if I needed to upgrade from EMS to UPS/DHL. They said they should upgrade it automatically and will let me know when it ships.

I am happy to see that quite a few others have already received tracking info from them. Fingers crossed I will get a tracking number on Monday. 

I got no tracking too, preparing in progress since 3:53pm Japan time.

8 minutes ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

Got a response this morning telling me they will update the shipping in my order. Still no shipping notification though.

Seems like we are in the same situation. However I’m not too worried yet because it does seem that there is a lot of stock going around in Hong Kong at the moment, which may suggest that Bandai had really upped the production volume for this one.  

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

Seems like we are in the same situation. However I’m not too worried yet because it does seem that there is a lot of stock going around in Hong Kong at the moment, which may suggest that Bandai had really upped the production volume for this one.  

Looks like we are. I believe you're right on the stock situation. The NNG even has it available to buy atm. Hopefully it is the case they're shipping as many as they can during the day and it's only a matter of time before we get a shipping notification. 

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Just slightly over 25k from this AJ seller and they ship overseas. 3k to ship to USA. 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AYFC3JV1B9X2Y&psc=1

Thanks for the link! I nabbed one. Saw it earlier but forgot that they show the prices inclusive of tax until you checkout. Now I can give my super pack to Roy instead of incorrectly putting it on TV Hikaru lol.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Already up to 27,800 + 3,000 shipping

Minus tax at checkout.

11 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Thanks for the link! I nabbed one. Saw it earlier but forgot that they show the prices inclusive of tax until you checkout. Now I can give my super pack to Roy instead of incorrectly putting it on TV Hikaru lol.

You're welcome.

I went ahead and got one for myself since, with my Amazon points, it ended up being only a few bucks more than if I preordered from Amiami, assuming the shipping will be the same as the YF-29 set (boxes are almost exactly the same size).

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Minus tax at checkout.

Ahhhh. Do you know what shipping carrier they're using? I can't figure it out.

Last time I dealt with one of these non Prime 3rd party deals they were shipping surface.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Last time I dealt with one of these non Prime 3rd party deals they were shipping surface.

AmazonGlobal International Shipping (Priority)... whatever that means.

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Standard is Air Mail or SAL.

Priority is EMS or DHL, from what I recall seeing on my shipments.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Just a heads up. It looks like it charging US tax after it backs JP tax out. If that is DHL it's not a bad deal. If it's surface, it sucks.

353158475_AmazonJP.thumb.jpg.08879231a19c01e275a30c66a9f9af9d.jpg

Interesting. I didn't get dinged for US tax.

Shipping is global priority which is DHL for me.

Edited by Lolicon

6 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

There is so such thing as a US Tax.  There is a possibility of being charged a State sale tax depending on where in the USA you live.

I got charged ¥25,273 for the Roy + ¥3045 Priority shipping.

States are part of the US, if you really want be that pedantic.

EDIT: Nevermind, thinking of two different things. Dammit shouldn't post before my morning coffee.

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Open box reports have come in about the tailfin modex numbers. But of course this is Bandai we are talking about, and they left the circle on the folded backpack unpainted instead of yellow.

BD141A59-908A-4CDC-B2CC-9DA8FD9CBBF0.png

Hey rdrunner, the yellow dome is one of the few differences between the TV and DYRL Valkyries. So I’m guessing Bandai will add the yellow when they get to doing Roy’s DYRL 1S. ;)

Edit: Curiously, even Yamato and Arcadia didn’t paint up the dome for every Roy DYRL 1S release. Depending on how the Valkyrie was packaged, it could be a painted detail or an optional decal. The other DYRL Valkyries are more consistent with having the dome painted.

Edited by technoblue

42 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Given the size of the box, that looks about right for DHL shipping from AJ.

That's what I would think too. But I went to order a Kakizaki through a 3rd party seller that was charging about the same amount.....and it was surface shipping. Someone else had it happen to them too. Was it you? Or maybe @Sanity is Optional??? I ended up canceling the order.

39 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

There is so such thing as a US Tax.  There is a possibility of being charged a State sale tax depending on where in the USA you live.

Maybe a little less coffee for you?:rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

States are part of the US, if you really want be that pedantic.

EDIT: Nevermind, thinking of two different things. Dammit shouldn't post before my morning coffee.

Different US states impose wildly different sales taxes, some varying even within an individual state itself.  Being accurate is not being pedantic.

But no worries, I can see how making a correction on a forum, without the benefit of context or nuanced expression, can come across as unnecessarily obsessing over minutia.  And we've all been guilty of jumping the gun absent of proper caffeination.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Hey rdrunner, the yellow dome is one of the few differences between the TV and DYRL Valkyries. So I’m guessing Bandai will add the yellow when they get to doing Roy’s DYRL 1S. ;)

Edit: Curiously, even Yamato and Arcadia didn’t paint up the dome for every Roy DYRL 1S release. Depending on how the Valkyrie was packaged, it could be a painted detail or an optional decal. The other DYRL Valkyries are more consistent with having the dome painted.

Hi there!  I guess it is another one of those animation inconsistencies between the TV version and the official specs. Someone posted this in a Macross Facebook group which showed the yellow. Curiously, Hikaru’s DX VF-1J also has the red circle on its backpack. 

C617F717-4496-476B-9EAC-2B7C6C14EB60.jpeg