Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Noob question! Do you need a Tenso address or another forwarding service to order from Yahoo Auctions? Or do any of the sellers ship to North America? I already bought a Roy on EBay for a sort of decent price but the Yahoo prices are better than I expected so far and I'm thinking about using it in the future. Thank you for posting those links!

Looks like the rumors are true about AJ collecting tax to US customers.  My card was just pre-authorized $218 for Roy, which is about $18 more than expected based on yen-to-usd exchange rates.  Now let's hope the charge goes through and doesn't get canceled...

19 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Noob question! Do you need a Tenso address or another forwarding service to order from Yahoo Auctions? Or do any of the sellers ship to North America? I already bought a Roy on EBay for a sort of decent price but the Yahoo prices are better than I expected so far and I'm thinking about using it in the future. Thank you for posting those links!

you will need a proxy for buy it for you on yahoo auctions.   It will be shipped to them and then you can request to ship it to you

Buyee, fromjapan, zenmarket, etc.  ..    Proxy fee, japan domestic shipping , international shipping.  

6 minutes ago, F360 said:

you will need a proxy for buy it for you on yahoo auctions.   It will be shipped to them and then you can request to ship it to you

Buyee, fromjapan, zenmarket, etc.  ..    Proxy fee, japan domestic shipping , international shipping.  

Thank you for the help! So in the end the price may end up being what I paid on EBay anyway or close enough to not be that big a deal. Cheers!

Still cheaper than eBay as you don't pay sales tax. Proxy fee is about $3, domestic shipping to your proxy for a Valk is about $12.  Shipping to US via surface (4-6 weeks) is about $23, Fedex or DHL is about $40.

It's only 0530 on the 28th in Japan....any sense waiting to see if HLJ or others will have it in stock?

I see AJ has it for about 26,000ish delivered to a Japanese address.

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

Hate to bang on about them as I'm sure we're all sick of it but I haven't heard a peep out of NY regarding my Roy. :unknw:

Am really hoping to see it before this side of Christmas. Not gonna hold my breath tho.

I don't like NY, I loathe their very existence.  

That being said, I hope they deliver what they promised to those that they owe.

3 hours ago, Battle_Me said:

Hello. It was $301 without fees or shipping. Total was $354.

3 hours ago, Shinobi Rendar said:

I got it at $225 before shipping. I picked EMS as well. Still no word from them. 

So it sounds like $300 was the initial cutoff to hear about an order from NNG. Any bets on the next cutoff? $275?

3 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

Still nothing from Nin-Nin yet, order is still listed as "Pre-Order Confirmed", I went with FedEx/DHL for shipping. 

Exact same here, same shipping, nothing yet. Should here from them today or tomorrow at the latest if all is well.

14 minutes ago, technoblue said:

My copy of Roy is on it's way from Anime-Export. I received my tracking number early this morning. I paid for shipping on Wednesday, so a pretty good turn around there. 

Nice , how much was the shipping from A-E again ?

3 minutes ago, spanner said:

I intend Roy to be my last NY purchase full stop.

They stlll owe me a set of SSP I pre-ordered June 2019, so yeah, not ordering from them again.

3 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Still cheaper than eBay as you don't pay sales tax. Proxy fee is about $3, domestic shipping to your proxy for a Valk is about $12.  Shipping to US via surface (4-6 weeks) is about $23, Fedex or DHL is about $40.

My Ebay order is from Japan to Canada and said nothing about sales tax. Does the sales tax get charged later? I paid weeks ago.

How can the Proxy fee only be $3? They must be taking a cut of the shipping fee as well to make any money. Anyway thank you for the info! I may look into it for next time. Normally I just buy from Japanese stores and pay the markup, but this time some of the stores charged a larger markup than usual so I had to look for cheaper sources. Cheers!

1 hour ago, peter said:

They stlll owe me a set of SSP I pre-ordered June 2019, so yeah, not ordering from them again.

I remembered my own set of SSP from them last week and cancelled.

They refused to give me my money back and gave me store credit instead. I guess I'm up a creek here with them.

Someday I'll use that credit, but that will be my last time I deal with them.

Edited by pablumatic

15 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Waiting for a confirmation from Luna Park for my Roy.

I preorderd a Metal Build Launcher Striker from Luna Park in May for late summer release and never heard back from them. I sent them a message today about that order. I hope you have better luck with them.

7 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I received my AJ shipping notification as well, precisely at midnight JST. I went with the "ship to Tenso" option when I placed my order, so it first has to go there and will then come to the US. AJ won't charge US tax for Roy taking that route, but I have to pay Tenso fees, so there's a price either way.

You don’t pay US tax but you pay Japan tax, which is likely higher than most US tax. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

My Ebay order is from Japan to Canada and said nothing about sales tax. Does the sales tax get charged later? I paid weeks ago.

if the seller is not using Ebay's global shipping program (GSP) then there could be duties/tax upon delivery.  If it's shipped under GSP, then the duties / tax are paid upfront during checkout.  Also, was your order already shipped? There's an announcement by Japan Post that they're suspending EMS and Airmail to Canada starting Nov. 27 (Japan time) so if it's shipped through Japan Post and your order has not shipped yet or was shipped at that date, then there could be problem shipping it.

11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Same here, and got another from AE, so that's my goal covered.  I hope I can manage to get a pair of the VF-1Ds when that one happens, but I have no idea what the ordering is going to be like this time around.

its TWE P-Bandai. so it will be similar to the dx Kakazaki

28 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

if the seller is not using Ebay's global shipping program (GSP) then there could be duties/tax upon delivery.  If it's shipped under GSP, then the duties / tax are paid upfront during checkout.  Also, was your order already shipped? There's an announcement by Japan Post that they're suspending EMS and Airmail to Canada starting Nov. 27 (Japan time) so if it's shipped through Japan Post and your order has not shipped yet or was shipped at that date, then there could be problem shipping it.

The recent numbers of the count are climbing so that's why Japan Post is suspending both EMS and air to Canada, which leaves us with DHL.

Now's getting close to 10k yen for shipping to Canada via DHL?? :vava: 

Used - Very Good
¥24,200¥24,200

+ ¥990 shipping
Arrives: Nov 30 - Dec 2 See Details
Add to Cartfrom seller ホビーランドぽち and price ¥24,200

Condition
商品管理番号:ru-ff-t08560。 未開封品/箱少し傷みあり
Ships from
ホビーランドぽち
Sold by
ホビーランドぽち
 (1963 ratings)
97% positive over last 12 months

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

So it sounds like $300 was the initial cutoff to hear about an order from NNG. Any bets on the next cutoff? $275?

Definitely not us from the 1st batch, guess we are screwed. 

Here's the email of the co-founder, we can spam him if they never ship by next week:

Etienne
Nin-Nin-Game.com co-Founder
etienne.denoual@nin-nin-game.com
Instagram: @etienne_d