Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 hours ago, Hobby Genki said:

Hey, dont know where to post this, so if its not the right place, delete it or move it to the right section/topic.

The 2nd batch for APRIL REISSUE DX CHOGOKIN MACROSS TV VERSION VF-1 COMPATIBLE SUPER PARTS SET is up, second release will be in 2021 April, so if you missed the first batch, the 2nd if for you. :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html?fbclid=IwAR1tMeBKKAuBwgKJTwNAhgdnQAJ3yqgTehW8QvEs-H8LR_5tOl9VGAjHWuc

Hobby Genki Team

Dang, I really want a set of the DYRL strike parts.....especially since Nippon Yasan totally fukked me over.

1 hour ago, peter said:

Dang, I really want a set of the DYRL strike parts.....especially since Nippon Yasan totally fukked me over.

Same here... but it seems likely to happen given a couple more DYRL releases. We're bound to see a DX VF-1A Max and Hikaru some time soon, maybe a 1S Roy DYRL and, dare we dream, a 1S Max? Any couple of those will likely trigger a SSP reissue at the way Bandai is going and how well the parts have been selling.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Same here... but it seems likely to happen given a couple more DYRL releases. We're bound to see a DX VF-1A Max and Hikaru some time soon, maybe a 1S Roy DYRL and, dare we dream, a 1S Max? Any couple of those will likely trigger a SSP reissue at the way Bandai is going and how well the parts have been selling.

Yes let us dream. :drinks:

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's kinda bonkers that there hasn't been another DYRL SSP release.

I am soooooo glad that impatience and desire to have something now outweighed my logic to wait for NY. I was able to snag 2 sets from AJ & Buyee on first release and 2 sets from AJ on second release all for the same price or slightly more than NY was charging me anyway. Hoping for others that had to wait for NY but never delivered that another release happens.

6 hours ago, dragontype said:

Wow, nice....works out to about $310 CAD....about 24,500 yen

Will see if they deliver to Canada

On 11/22/2020 at 4:45 AM, jenius said:

When Bandai do release them again is probably when NY will finally honor the people they've screwed over so far...a year and a half since paying and going...

2 hours ago, F360 said:

looks the the Preorder now button is gone now too 

Yup, it was just showing three spinning things, but when I just refreshed the screen, it's no longer there :(

Must have...I was able to get my Kakizaki from Okiniland pre-order without issue, but I had to go elsewhere for Roy. 

Edited by Draykov
because I always screw up the first time

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Thanks for posting that up @Angesdad as I just saw it on Manda right now. :good:

No problem borgified. I ended up picking up my 4th set in hopes to complete DYRL Skull Squadron someday and

what a sense of achievement and void in my bank account. Sayonara SSP set don't ever wanna look it up again. 

Just got a notification from Mykombini requesting payment for Roy.  Funny thing is I emailed a couple days ago to cancel.   I got an automatic reply that they were closed until the 25th,  so they probably didn't see that message yet.  I was luckily able to snag one from HLJ at the end of July and was only keeping the first order just in case.   Even though I lose the deposit from MK, it's still a lot cheaper from HLJ. 

41 minutes ago, HKBEN said:

New here and trying to buy the 2021-4 weapon set. Could you please let me know which one is more reliable? 

1. Hobby Genki https://hobby-genki.com/en/#footer

2, Okiniland https://okini.land/en/23222-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-vf-1-tv-edition-bandai-spirits.html

Any shop(s) to avoid.

Thank you.

Ben

I have shopped from Okiniland  without issues.   Every order went smoothly. 

5 hours ago, HKBEN said:

New here and trying to buy the 2021-4 weapon set. Could you please let me know which one is more reliable? 

Any shop(s) to avoid.

Thank you.

Ben

I would avoid Luna Park Store or Yagamitsuki (on ebay) . I pre ordered some Gundam Metal Structure Items from them last Dec and they still havent shipped them. Those shitbags probably realized they are worth more now as they were a limited production. They are hiding behind the fact that Japan post is not shipping to US. HOWEVER , with a metal build gundam I was able to pay the difference and have it shipped to me via DHL but not the Metal Structure parts. I am out $800 as of right now because of them. I have been trying to resolve this since Sept with them to no avail. Buy from them at your own risk 

Edited by 68whiskey

3 hours ago, Crossbones72 said:

Just got a notification from Mykombini requesting payment for Roy.  Funny thing is I emailed a couple days ago to cancel.   I got an automatic reply that they were closed until the 25th,  so they probably didn't see that message yet.  I was luckily able to snag one from HLJ at the end of July and was only keeping the first order just in case.   Even though I lose the deposit from MK, it's still a lot cheaper from HLJ. 

I got the same notification today from MK as well. It was my “insurance” for my PO at nin-nin for 17,800 yen... 

i have a feeling that the stock level of Roy DX is not as tight as previous issues. A few toy stores in Hong Kong have recently opened rounds of pre order for around HKD 2,000 ($250 US) for local pickup. 

47 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

I would avoid Luna Park Store or Yagamitsuki (on ebay) . I pre ordered some Gundam Metal Structure Items from them last Dec and they still havent shipped them. Those shitbags probably realized they are worth more now as they were a limited production. They are hiding behind the fact that Japan post is not shipping to US. HOWEVER , with a metal build gundam I was able to pay the difference and have it shipped to me via DHL but not the Metal Structure parts. I am out $800 as of right now because of them. I have been trying to resolve this since Sept with them to no avail. Buy from them at your own risk 

The same store was willing to do DHL for one and not the other? That's not cool. For the stuff that they won't ship because of Japan Post restrictions, you could always try calling their bluff by setting up a Tenso address and requesting they ship domestically (with a refund of the difference in postage, if possible). Then let Tenso handle the DHL part--assuming they still have your order available to ship. You'll pay some shipping and handling fees at Tenso, but they aren't terrible when compared to not having your stuff. Since it sounds like the store knows what DHL is and how to use it, I'm not sure this will work, but might be worth a shot.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

The same store was willing to do DHL for one and not the other? That's not cool. For the stuff that they won't ship because of Japan Post restrictions, you could always try calling their bluff by setting up a Tenso address and requesting they ship domestically (with a refund of the difference in postage, if possible). Then let Tenso handle the DHL part--assuming they still have your order available to ship. You'll pay some shipping and handling fees at Tenso, but they aren't terrible when compared to not having your stuff. Since it sounds like the store knows what DHL is and how to use it, I'm not sure this will work, but might be worth a shot.

In Short , Yes. The Metal Build they had no issue sending me a paypal invoice and that issue was solved in 24 hours. The Metal Structure parts have them acting like they are auditioning for next Bird Box movie. I didnt know that a Tenso address was a thing until you mentioned it. I will definitely use it moving forward. As of right now the only thing I can do is advise people not to shop there until Japan Post resumes shipping to US.