Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, obakesan said:

So bizarre thing, tried my go to score as Roy from AE. Placed order and it was confirmed and showed up my orders. Left it and today was going pay then noticed the order vanished. Now it's out of stock again 2nd time. They say pay in 48 hours but was cancelled before. The odd thing it doesn't show in my orders at all not even cancelled. Hmmm anyways 

it's most likely sold out by the time you start payment .  I think the 48 hour is if you do not pay by then, it will be automatically cancel,, it does not mean they will hold the order for you for 48 hours without payment.  Orders are finalize after payment. 

2 hours ago, obakesan said:

So bizarre thing, tried my go to score as Roy from AE. Placed order and it was confirmed and showed up my orders. Left it and today was going pay then noticed the order vanished. Now it's out of stock again 2nd time. They say pay in 48 hours but was cancelled before. The odd thing it doesn't show in my orders at all not even cancelled. Hmmm anyways 

For AE...whoever pays first gets it

3 hours ago, F360 said:

it's most likely sold out by the time you start payment .  I think the 48 hour is if you do not pay by then, it will be automatically cancel,, it does not mean they will hold the order for you for 48 hours without payment.  Orders are finalize after payment. 

yeah that makes sense. oh well. thanks

5 minutes ago, mojacko said:

So that explains the  Roy order vanish from AE. Any other sites to hunt this Roy that wont cost an arm n a leg?  

At this point, the cheapest one is the one from AmazonJP at Y25800. But then you have to use proxy to obtain it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Macross-Valkyrie/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/

Or just wait and see how much it's going for once it gets released coming Nov 28.

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

At this point, the cheapest one is the one from AmazonJP at Y25800. But then you have to use proxy to obtain it.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Macross-Valkyrie/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/

Or just wait and see how much it's going for once it gets released coming Nov 28.

If you're in the US this is probably the currently the least expensive one landed on your porch

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PSL-BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-First-Limited-Edition-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Roy-Focker-Macross/383804203708?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

47 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about that eBay link from previous page. ;)

Anyways, the routine we take on getting these collectibles are so crazy. :vava:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

December fourth?

15 hours ago, jenius said:

Bandai also uses hot sellers as carrots to retailers so they keep them limited to incentivize retailers to do what they want. So Bandai can say "You can order X of our premium line if you carry A of this line, B of that line, and C of another line." If the hot sellers were easy for retailers to get a lot of, there would be less incentive for retailers to carry those only 'warm' lines of toys. 

In general though, you always want to produce just a little less than the demand... it's much better to have consumers demanding you make more than it is to have your retailers bargain binning your products. 

This. I was explaining this point to some collectors and they just don't understand why Bandai wouldn't produce more and deliberately leave money on the table.

Why flood the market and devalue their products? In any case they have so many lines they have no lack of revenue.

Edited by eXis10z

20 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm 95% done with Macross collecting. Just reading through this thread every day confirms it. It's gotten to damn hard/annoying/frustrating and most of all to damn expensive.  It really shouldn't be THIS hard to spend my hard earned money on glorified toys which, let's face it, are only worth at most about $150. (DX VF-1's)  Good luck to all going for this line from here on out. I'm out.   

I feel your frustrations. Macross DX PO’s have turned into a roll of the dice.

If only PO’s were pay up front, that would even up the odds a little. Of course it’s no skin off bandai’s back. 

So bandai please keep doing what you are doing to make ur fan’s happy! It’s greeeat!!! Insert *Tony the Tiger here*

3 hours ago, eXis10z said:

This. I was explaining this point to some collectors and they just don't understand why Bandai wouldn't produce more and deliberately leave money on the table.

Why flood the market and devalue their products? In any case they have so many lines they have no lack of revenue.

And what people who sit around explaining such things to everyone don't understand is that explaining why something is done doesn't make it okay.

Or, in this case, explaining the Bandai labyrinth does not make their products any easier to buy or make preordering them any less of a gigantic hassle.

Whatever the reasons, making customers jump through a bunch of hoops to give you their money is ass backwards. Who the f*** cares what difficulties Bandai or some retailer has? That's their problem, not ours. Making their problems the customer's is why so many people despise NY, and Bandai is doing it too.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

And what people who sit around explaining such things to everyone don't understand is that explaining why something is done doesn't make it okay.

Or, in this case, explaining the Bandai labyrinth does not make their products any easier to buy or make preordering them any less of a gigantic hassle.

Whatever the reasons, making customers jump through a bunch of hoops to give you their money is ass backwards. Who the f*** cares what difficulties Bandai or some retailer has? That's their problem, not ours. Making their problems the customer's is why so many people despise NY, and Bandai is doing it too.

From a purely business perspective it doesn't matter how many people despise Bandai.....................................if they are doing the sales volume that they want to. If every one of us boycotted Bandai they wouldn't even notice. This is how capitalism works. The best worst system.

From a "Zen" perspective I don't let it bother me (I have MUCH bigger problems). What Bandai does or doesn't do isn't on my radar at all. It is what it is. That doesn't mean I like or agree with it though.

6 hours ago, Bahamutzyro said:

luna park contacted me to confirm shipping address for Roy.

I guess they are coming through.

nin nin and my kombini havent notified me.

It's still kind of early, the release for Roy isn't until 11/28.

-b.

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Here's the thing, aside from P-Bandai/TWE, we are not Bandai's customers.

Bandai's customers are the retailers we buy from.

15 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

Do you guys trust these things in fighter mode with all the weapons/armor on the stands.
I keep looking at mine in the case and swear it's gonna take a nose dive some day.

I'm just as unsure of displaying on landing gear.

Just now, jenius said:

It should peg into the display stand really solid.

The DX stands are made to hold up the weight of the fully decked out plane (unless there is a hidden manufacture defect on the stand itself).

Other option us to use fishing wire as backup and don't put it up too high. 

If your so paranoid about taking it out then leave it in the box and choke it death as there is no fresh air. :diablo:

39 minutes ago, borgified said:

The DX stands are made to hold up the weight of the fully decked out plane (unless there is a hidden manufacture defect on the stand itself).

If your so paranoid about taking it out then leave it in the box and choke it death as there is no fresh air. :diablo:

Har-Har ^_^
Love this thing otherwise though....

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

Har-Har ^_^
Love this thing otherwise though....

15 hours ago, borgified said:

I guess I'm more concerned that over time the plastic will bend or even worse fail.

The lock point at the base seams a little thin and I can already see a tiny lean to the right.

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Got my ass whooped good for buying three DXs'...over relatively a "short period of time" according to wife.B))

..Damn you joint account.

HA! I feel you. We had separate accounts for YEARS and then combined them a couple of years ago. I had to be like.... wellll if you are concerned then we can go back to separate accounts. That seemed to do the trick and doesn't come up often now.