Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Should be the same as the DYRL Fast packs, would be strange if Bandai omitted that feature. 

Not any stranger than the fact that they glued shut the internal detail on the leg packs. <_< 

I would be absolutely unsurprised if they just glue the kite roundels in place on the TV packs.  "How dare you presume to display your toy in a way not shown on the screen?"

Edited by Chronocidal

12 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Not any stranger than the fact that they glued shut the internal detail on the leg packs. <_< 

True, they did do that.

If Bandai should glue the UN SPACY kite in place, that would earn them the Redd Forman "Dumb Ass" award. 

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

Anyone know what the actual release date on the Focker Special DX VF-1S is? I got one on preorder from HLJ, and they just say 'Nov 2020' .. I checked like 8 stores.. most said 'November' but two said Nov. 30.. so I don't know if that info is legit or not.  I'm itching to hit 'ship' on my private warehouse but waiting for that to come in first.

I'm betting you'll be charged for your order on the 27th or 28th, most likely the latter. Since the 28th is a Saturday, HLJ probably won't ship anything until Monday, so you'll have a few additional tortuous days of waiting for Roy.

My first one is going from Amazon Japan to Tenso and then from Tenso to the US, so that's going to take a few additional tortuous days. My second one is going from Nin-Nin Game to someone else they sell it to post-release at a much higher price after telling me that they didn't have enough stock to fulfill my preorder at retail price. I'd very much like to be wrong about that, but I'm trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up.

I figure, worst case, if you want a different insignia, you can break the logo off.  They're just flat plastic disks with some pegs, so if they are glued, you could probably make your own easily out of sheet styrene, and add whatever logo you want.  Or, even just mask them off, repaint, and decal them. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm betting you'll be charged for your order on the 27th or 28th, most likely the latter. Since the 28th is a Saturday, HLJ probably won't ship anything until Monday, so you'll have a few additional tortuous days of waiting for Roy.

My first one is going from Amazon Japan to Tenso and then from Tenso to the US, so that's going to take a few additional tortuous days. My second one is going from Nin-Nin Game to someone else they sell it to post-release at a much higher price after telling me that they didn't have enough stock to fulfill my preorder at retail price. I'd very much like to be wrong about that, but I'm trying to be realistic and not get my hopes up.

I'm really hoping I don't get burned on Nin-Nin. I'm still waiting to hear back from Nippon-Yasan on two unfulfilled pre-orders, if this one also falls through it's going to be  some interesting phone calls with my bank...<_<

Edited by Phangry

32 minutes ago, Phangry said:

I'm really hoping I don't get burned on Nin-Nin. I'm still waiting to hear back from Nippon-Yasan on two unfulfilled pre-orders, if this one also falls through it's going to be  some interesting phone calls with my bank...<_<

I share your hope if not your concern (about Nin-Nin at any rate).  I only have one order with them prior to the Roy pre-order, but they came through with minimal issues.  N-Y, on the other hand, has been a huge pain in my ass.  

Edited by Draykov

Just now, seti88 said:

I hope the UNspacy kite wont removable. Right bandai, right? ;)

Out of curiosity, why?  Seems like a pretty benign thing if you don't intend to use the feature.  Or am I missing some sarcasm?  

35 minutes ago, Draykov said:

I share your hope if not your concern (about Nin-Nin at any rate).  I only have one order with them prior to the Roy pre-order, but they came through with minimal issues.  N-Y, on the other hand, has been a huge pain in my ass.  

Honestly, NY had been really good to me up until this year, but burned me on the Movie Super/Strike Parts and the HMR VF-4 Roy.

Finger's crossed for Nin-Nin. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Phangry said:

Honestly, NY had been really good to me up until this year, but burned me on the Movie Super/Strike Parts and the HMR VF-4 Roy.

That reminds me of something I hear all the time in my business that kinda cracks me up. "It was running really strong, right before it blew up".:lol:

18 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

It is like wishing perfomers to "break a leg".

Ah...fair enough.  The DX Chogokin and HMR lines are the first import lines from Bandai that I've collected, so I have not yet felt the "Bandai burn" outside of some transposed fin numbers and maybe some vapor-ware release teases.  

Edited by Draykov

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I saw a Twitter post saying that the TV Supers were TWE but I can't find them anywhere on the site. Has anyone seen them up yet? 

There’s no official link yet except for the first sold out one. 

On 11/8/2020 at 7:59 PM, Anasazi37 said:

Didn't see this mentioned above, wanted to cover our bases. Dengeki Hobby Web just posted an article saying:

1. We are definitely getting a VF-1D
  2. Second round of POs for the TV Super Parts begins on 20 Nov (shipping in April)

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1112998/

On second thought, I did see something above about more Super Parts in April, so now the comment makes sense.

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Planning to put in the skulls or custom insignias?

I hope the UNspacy kite wont removable. Right bandai, right? ;)

No. I just remember that the Strike/Super sets didn’t include the kite symbol. And I have a feeling that the TV Super color looks better in VF-1J than the DYRL color. I didn’t PO the TV set due to the fact that I just want my Hikaru DX’s to stay consistent thru colors. So I might do a custom kite logo or I’ll go ahead and PO a set from the upcoming 2nd batch.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I saw a Twitter post saying that the TV Supers were TWE but I can't find them anywhere on the site. Has anyone seen them up yet? 

They don't go on sale until 20 Nov (next Friday), so we probably won't see an entry for them on the site until this Friday.

Double thanks, @Anasazi37. I learned this morning that ohmyprimus received short stock on Roy's DX and cancelled my order. 

Since this inflated price at AE is close to OMP's price before shipping, I put in an order.

Of course, knowing how my luck has been working on this pre-order, I'm thinking this may have just increased the odds that Amazon Japan will open up new order slots at a lower price on or near the release date. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

The Roy release is end of this month correct?

Yeah. Stores should start shipping anywhere from November 28 to November 30.

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

Pre-ordering at a 40% markup is lucky? :huh:

No wonder the scalpers are all over these.  <_<

Come on, man. You know that isn't what @Ryoma meant. He's feeling lucky to have procured a pre-order at all.

But if you want to be really pedantic, AE is still lower than N-Y's true scalper price of 35000JPY.

Anyway, best of luck to those who are willing to wait on the hope that other stores (like AJ) will open up more order slots close to MSRP. I'm sure it will happen, but like pre-order night they will go in a blink and you'll miss it moment. That leaves places like Mandarake, Yahoo Japan, and Jungle. We don't have any idea what the aftermarket prices will be for Roy's DX. That will be an interesting thing to see in the month's ahead.

10 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Come on, man. You know that isn't what @Ryoma meant. He's feeling lucky to have procured a pre-order at all.

But if you want to be really pedantic, AE is still lower than N-Y's true scalper price of 35000JPY.

Anyway, best of luck to those who are willing to wait on the hope that other stores (like AJ) will open up more order slots close to MSRP. I'm sure it will happen, but like pre-order night they will go in a blink and you'll miss it moment. That leaves places like Mandarake, Yahoo Japan, and Jungle. We don't have any idea what the aftermarket prices will be for Roy's DX. That will be an interesting thing to see in the month's ahead.

You definitely have a point....

At best....you will end up paying MSRP (if you get really lucky on or near release day) or perhaps after missing out yet again, after a few months, you can pay the going rate for a Hikaru VF-1S....which is about 300-350 USD to your door.

At worst, this can reach VF-1J levels.....which I think it has a good shot at doing so....if that happens, indeed you would have been lucky to have picked up the current one at AE.....

10 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I bit the bullet and preordered one as well.  That's a bit more than what I wanted to pay, but only by about 2k yen or so.  I'm willing to eat that cost to avoid the scramble of finding one after release and the lack of sleep that requires.

ditto - got one in as well!

16 minutes ago, treatment said:

Yeah.

It's like some bizarro variation of the old Stockholm Syndrome or something...

I don't know how lucky I feel, personally.  I'd say resigned is a better word.  I actually went back and forth on whether I was even going to get a DX Roy as I love the Yamato version I already have. I was going to see if I could find one for a good price, but if I didn't, oh well. That Roy armored set cinched it for me, though, and the last thing I want is for them to release that and have to pay some crazy price for a near unobtainable DX Roy 1S because Bandai decided not to bundle the armor set with a Valk.

Edited by mantisfists

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I just got two more Roy's through eBay. $316.47/ unit shipped DHL. Maybe release day will have deals better than that. Maybe not. I just wanted to get it locked in and not worry about it.

ahh,, was this from this seller?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PSL-BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-First-Limited-Edition-VF-1S-Valkyrie-Roy-Focker-Macross/383804203708?epid=21040766220&hash=item595c8362bc:g:f-MAAOSwv7xfoR-E

Being a sore loser on the Roy preorder night, I initially got one from Luna Park for 38500 shipped..talking about scalping price. After calming down a bit, I couldn't justify paying that much and since Amazon Japan's offerings have come down significantly, I decided to get one with proxy purchase via Tenso. Luna order cancelled. I have a feeling the price will go down even further towards the release date closer to MSRP and keep my eye balls peeled for a second.B))

Edited by Angesdad