Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's how I have my HMR VF-1D displayed. It's the only valk I have in Gerwalk. Too iconic to pass up.

I agree with gerwalk being too iconic to pass up.  My only problem is that the 1D has one of my favorite head designs and gerwalk does a great job of hiding it.  This might be the first VF I have to get multiples of so that I can display one in battroid and gerwalk mode each.  I really do hope it comes with a couple Minmei figures.

3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

That's how I have my HMR VF-1D displayed. It's the only valk I have in Gerwalk. Too iconic to pass up.

Agreed. For HMRs, I have the 1D, the Super OStrich and one of my CF 1As in gerwalk, but everything else is battroid or fighter.

118356465_10217873177086091_9167732499031427582_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=CXpsTZ3CCV8AX9N_LI_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=650f1fe470c47ff85737bfeec7bd2b7a&oe=5FCDB3CA

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

I agree with gerwalk being too iconic to pass up.  My only problem is that the 1D has one of my favorite head designs and gerwalk does a great job of hiding it.  This might be the first VF I have to get multiples of so that I can display one in battroid and gerwalk mode each.  I really do hope it comes with a couple Minmei figures.

I also love the unique head, chestplate, and heatshield on the 1D. You only get to see the chestplate in Fighter and Gerwalk modes, which is a bit frustrating. Now I'm considering getting two. My wallet hates me.

Maaaaaan!  I take a few days off and all kinds of goodies pop up!  Sorry to be "that guy" but any pre-orders up anywhere for any of this yet (referring to the VF-1D, GBP Bandai DX Chogokin releases), or are we just drooling over the images still?  I got to page 609 of 612 of this thread playing "catch-up" before I got too excited and skipped to the end to pose this question...I'm not seeing anything out in the wild yet. 

Edit: 

Okay, I think I'm caught up.  Sorry-sorry-sorry...I know how annoying it is to see the same question on everyone's mind pop up every 5 seconds.  Mea culpa.  I was desperate for that sweet, sweet VF-1 sauce (and it had to be the D too - the one everyone always says no company will ever produce in whatever new line/scale is popular).  I don't appear to have missed anything yet.  And for some reason we're expecting pre-orders to start soon (like tonight)?  I feel like with the Roy 1S we had more of a heads-up (not that it does a lot of good).  

Edited by Draykov

Okay...thanks!  That would have been a surprise to me. December at the earliest sounds much more plausible (didn't catch your previous comment on the first pass).

Edited by Draykov

Didn't see this mentioned above, wanted to cover our bases. Dengeki Hobby Web just posted an article saying:

1. We are definitely getting a VF-1D
  2. Second round of POs for the TV Super Parts begins on 20 Nov (shipping in April)

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1112998/

On second thought, I did see something above about more Super Parts in April, so now the comment makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Didn't see this mentioned above, wanted to cover our bases. Dengeki Hobby Web just posted an article saying:

1. We are definitely getting a VF-1D
  2. Second round of POs for the TV Super Parts begins on 20 Nov (shipping in April)

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1112998/

On second thought, I did see something above about more Super Parts in April, so now the comment makes sense.

The TV super packs didn't even sell out that fast. Also, considering this variant can only be used on the 1S (and Hikaru's 1J although that's not canon), I don't see the point of this reissue. If anything, they should probably reissue the DYRL set instead. 

Yeah the TV super was on preorder for Months.....  .  Maybe they looked at the demand for the Strike parts and say sure another batch sounds right .

but this reissue could be a sign that Bandai have much TV valk already in the plans . 

8 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yeah the TV super was on preorder for Months.....  .  Maybe they looked at the demand for the Strike parts and say sure another batch sounds right .

but this reissue could be a sign that Bandai have much TV valk already in the plans . 

What other TV valks has used this color variant? Cannon fodders? Max and Milia have their own special versions.

TWE items are starting to suck too. Even though they might be available to order direct, the proxy services are running out of openings faster. At this point, I’d rather take my chances with regular preorder madness items that are cheaper, more options to buy from, and usually no upfront payment.

57 minutes ago, crackpot said:

What other TV valks has used this color variant? Cannon fodders? Max and Milia have their own special versions.

The TV 1a Max/Hikaru plus Hikaru's Plain Jane 1j.

Alaska Base and Cavalier 1a has no Supers. 

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Yes that cannon fodder is one and the most recent announced vf-1d is another .

2FE14E10-6B0E-492B-841A-855F6A308247.thumb.jpeg.fec39bae4fd120b63500088d57171c9d.jpeg

im sure people would put a set on tv Kakizaki too .

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

The TV 1a Max/Hikaru plus Hikaru's Plain Jane 1j.

Alaska Base and Cavalier 1a has no Supers. 

From what i know, TV supers were worn episodes 24 onward i.e; VF-1S (booby duck - hikaru), VF-1A brownies, VF-1J Max and Miriya.

I dont think Max 1A nor hikaru's 1J wore em?

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Who had supers in the show is oddly irrelevant, Yamato sold Hikaru VF-1J with supers and it wasn't an issue for most even though that's never in the show. So yeah, deck out the whole Vermillion team... why not?

Yes agree!! Buy them so display them!

16 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yes that cannon fodder is one and the most recent announced vf-1d is another .

2FE14E10-6B0E-492B-841A-855F6A308247.thumb.jpeg.fec39bae4fd120b63500088d57171c9d.jpeg

im sure people would put a set on tv Kakizaki too .

Yes!! Bandai artbox version!!

:good::yahoo::wub:

True. They already showcased the possibility of releasing other colors of GBP not shown in the TV series so why not equip the Valks with Supers? Though I didn’t PO the TV Supers, I will equip my Hikaru VF-1J with DYRL Supers so it’s consistent with Hikaru’s VF-1S Strike. Coz why not? ;) 

If anyone is still trying to get a VF-1S Fokker, amazon.jp has it up for 25800. After being cartjacked on HLJ this is the most reasonable price I've been able to get for myself, so heres the link if anyone needs it =-) 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Macross-Valkyrie/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=sr_1_1?crid=28R7OXDHUK5O7&dchild=1&keywords=dx超合金vf-1+s&qid=1604905612&sprefix=dx+chogokin+vf%2Caps%2C331&sr=8-1

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

If anyone is still trying to get a VF-1S Fokker, amazon.jp has it up for 25800. After being cartjacked on HLJ this is the most reasonable price I've been able to get for myself, so heres the link if anyone needs it =-) 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Chogokin-Dimension-Fortress-Macross-Valkyrie/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=sr_1_1?crid=28R7OXDHUK5O7&dchild=1&keywords=dx超合金vf-1+s&qid=1604905612&sprefix=dx+chogokin+vf%2Caps%2C331&sr=8-1

For US customers, make sure to use proxy buyers. 

44 minutes ago, bleecher said:

If paying 25800 yen, wouldn't the additional cost of a proxy such a Tenso increase the price to more that what you typically will see aftermarket on places like ebay? Just wondering as  have never used a proxy before

This will depends on what price you can get it for on eBay too .   eBay added in sales tax now too , so something that you see at $325 would end up like $350 USD.

you can use this link to give you a idea of what the fee will be from tenso .   It’s probably around 1400 yen in fees 

https://www.tenso.com/en/estimate

and the international shipping will be either surface or DHL to the USA .

At the end of the day it’s just another option , and it all depends on what you can get it for .  

2 hours ago, bleecher said:

If paying 25800 yen, wouldn't the additional cost of a proxy such a Tenso increase the price to more that what you typically will see aftermarket on places like ebay? Just wondering as  have never used a proxy before

You would be looking at adding about $75 to go through Tenso shipped DHL. So yeah, about the same amount as I have seen them on feeBay for.

My fingers are crossed for release day AmazonJP availability shipped direct to the US via DHL for $300 or less. I need a couple more.

Its a shame amazon.jp wont ship it direct to me here in Australia, and yes I did use Tenso for them, I think I spent around 50 or 60 usd for shipping and their fees, or there abouts. Not seen the ebay stuff personally, just was excited to see it pop up after wasting around 3 hours on pre order night and failing miserably ! But as mentioned, its just another option for peeps =-)

8 hours ago, F360 said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by the second round of POs, too. Like others here, I'm hoping it's a sign that more TV valks are on the way, regardless of whether or not it's cannon to slap the parts on particular variants. Also hoping for Max and Milia full set packs with color-matched parts.

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

TWE items are starting to suck too. Even though they might be available to order direct, the proxy services are running out of openings faster. At this point, I’d rather take my chances with regular preorder madness items that are cheaper, more options to buy from, and usually no upfront payment.

TWE is definitely a lot more frustrating now

5 hours ago, bleecher said:

Like @sqidd and @F360 said, proxies do increase the cost. It's all about the fees. There are purchasing fees, per-package handling fees, consolidation fees (when you combine packages for shipping), and shipping fees. It's how proxies make a profit. There is definitely a markup on shipping, but since proxies are all about getting stuff to you, it's kinda expected. I use proxies like FromJapan when I want to shop on more obscure sites or bid on Yahoo Japan auctions and package forwarding services like Tenso when I can easily buy an item myself but the seller won't ship outside of Japan. It's interesting to watch what happens on Amazon Japan with respect to item availability when you toggle back and forth between your overseas address and your Tenso address. Combined cost of the item and proxy/forwarding fees is often on par with feeBay prices, but feeBay prices can often go much higher because sellers are banking on the site's one-click Buy It Now convenience. A lot of people don't want to figure out the proxy/forwarding thing, or view it as too risky. I've regularly seen an item I want on feeBay for 2-3 times what I can get it for in Japan using a proxy service, so it's worth the risk. Haven't had any issues so far (fingers crossed).

Tenso can be pretty pricey, when all the fees are added up. Other proxies, for eg FromJapan or Zenmerket are ultimately a fair bit less in fees as compared to Tenso.

Difference is, with Tenso, you do the buying yourself and have it forwarded  to your Tenso address. For the other proxies, you give them the link to the item you want & they do the buying for you, but this whole process has a typical elapsed time of a few hours. So, Tenso would be good for items with time sensitivity (PO nights!), whilst other proxies work just fine if you know item is still going to be up for some time.

Anyone know what the actual release date on the Focker Special DX VF-1S is? I got one on preorder from HLJ, and they just say 'Nov 2020' .. I checked like 8 stores.. most said 'November' but two said Nov. 30.. so I don't know if that info is legit or not.  I'm itching to hit 'ship' on my private warehouse but waiting for that to come in first.

5 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Anyone know what the actual release date on the Focker Special DX VF-1S is? I got one on preorder from HLJ, and they just say 'Nov 2020' .. I checked like 8 stores.. most said 'November' but two said Nov. 30.. so I don't know if that info is legit or not.  I'm itching to hit 'ship' on my private warehouse but waiting for that to come in first.

According to Bandai's Tamashii page it's November 28. Same also with Amazon Japan.

Edited by no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Quick question on the TV Super Packs. What are the chances that the insignia on the boosters can be removed?

Should be the same as the DYRL Fast packs, would be strange if Bandai omitted that feature.