Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Excited by the 1D. I really want to see better pictures of the canopy. Is it properly lengthened or just slightly reshaped like what the Yamato 1/60 did.  If it’s like the Yamato then it’ll be an easy pass for me. Don’t need the stress of preorder madness for a half-assed solution.

Chris

2 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Excited by the 1D. I really want to see better pictures of the canopy. Is it properly lengthened or just slightly reshaped like what the Yamato 1/60 did.  If it’s like the Yamato then it’ll be an easy pass for me. Don’t need the stress of preorder madness for a half-assed solution.

Chris

Seems correctly lengthened to me.

Screenshot_20201106-111232.png

Screenshot_20201106-111049.png

8 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Seems correctly lengthened to me.

Screenshot_20201106-111232.png

Screenshot_20201106-111049.png

SWEET! It does indeed! Thanks for that, I only saw the other 1/4 view with canopy open.
Now hopefully I can get one. Stupid Bandai and their preorder stupidness.<_<

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

SWEET! It does indeed! Thanks for that, I only saw the other 1/4 view with canopy open.
Now hopefully I can get one. Stupid Bandai and their preorder stupidness.<_<

Chris

Yep, this will actually one up the Yamato/Arcadia, definitely getting this one. If they're doing this, the Elint and Super O are pretty sure bets as well. This also opens up the possibility of them making a Virgin Road, I guess we'll see. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

13 minutes ago, sixtybucks said:

Is the GBP coming bundled with a 1J or is it going to be sold as a missile or super parts set? I hope it's sold as parts, otherwise it's going to be expensive AF (and a huge box!)

Seeing as the 1J is pictured with a grey visor, I'm guessing it's bundled.  Even the Max (which, it sounds like isn't going to be sold) has the grey visor.  

That armored Roy and 1D battloid battroid, though....man.  Amazing.  With them producing a 1D, I'm hoping the chances of a VE1 are good as well.  A 1/48 version would be a definite get for me.

Edited by mantisfists

23 minutes ago, jenius said:

Probably just as fast... The scalpers are onto this line.

Dunno, the Max and VF-1S Hikaru didn't end up much more than MSRP at release, which hopefully will temper them somewhat.

Plus the DX YF-29 set is essentially at retail, if they're looking at more than just VF-1 DX releases.

So, I own the first issue DX 1J with the limited stand, and in order to get the GBP I need to get another 1J?

Bought the first issue white goggles 1/60 1J Yamato back in the day. Then had to get another 1J with the grey visor bundled with the GBP.

History repeats itself?

29 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

So, I own the first issue DX 1J with the limited stand, and in order to get the GBP I need to get another 1J?

Bought the first issue white goggles 1/60 1J Yamato back in the day. Then had to get another 1J with the grey visor bundled with the GBP.

History repeats itself?

On the same boat, I have the 1J and want the GBP set, but I don't need another 1J. I personally don't think it's coming all in one, I think it's just going to be the parts set. We'll see

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So far I think it’s just supposition due to the shown 1J having the grey goggles, rather than actual confirmation that the GBP will be a set with a 1J.

Thanks! I thought they mentioned official that it will be bundled with a new VF-1J - I hope thats not the case - as that is expensive.

My eyes are on that Metal Structure Sazabi!!!

I'm passing on the VF-1D - very happy for those looking forward to that - goodluck with the POs :D

I wonder if the VF-1D will come with a sitting or standing Minmay figure or both or one with articulation at the legs.  I also wonder if the VF-1D fuselage will be removable.  The HMR VF-1D fuselage unofficially can be removed.