Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

20 minutes ago, spanner said:

They have been cancelled by the supplier so NY will not be able to honor those orders. Send them a cancellation request.

Hey @spanner! I just remembered that I have an order too from NY. Haven't heard from them as well. Not keeping my hopes up now.

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

As long as I get my Roy VF-1S, I'm good. Of course, I'll have to see about getting a missile set for it, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. 

If you preordered the TV super parts, then they come with the TV reaction missiles. 

18 minutes ago, levzloi said:

If you preordered the TV super parts, then they come with the TV reaction missiles. 

The problem is Roy never had Supers or Reaction Missiles in DYRL. If you set it up like that the Cannon Police will "SWAT" you in the middle of the night.:lol:

I got two sets of TV Supers............I have no idea what for. The probably never going to happen SDFM Hikaru 1S release? Or do a custom Hikaru based on the Roy? The decals aren't a big deal but where do you get a Hikaru Pilot with a SDFM Space helmet/suit at? Sacrifice one from a DYRL 1S and paint it so you can never really sell that DYRL 1S. Or put it in Fighter or Gerwalk? Geez Bandai, you make this stuff hard.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The problem is Roy never had Supers or Reaction Missiles in DYRL. If you set it up like that the Cannon Police will "SWAT" you in the middle of the night.:lol:

I got two sets of TV Supers............I have no idea what for. The probably never going to happen SDFM Hikaru 1S release? Or do a custom Hikaru based on the Roy? The decals aren't a big deal but where do you get a Hikaru Pilot with a SDFM Space helmet/suit at? Sacrifice one from a DYRL 1S and paint it so you can never really sell that DYRL 1S. Or put it in Fighter or Gerwalk? Geez Bandai, you make this stuff hard.

Well, that's true, but if you have both Roy's 1S and Hikaru's 1J (just one of each in my case a few more in yours :)) and you only have one in fighter/gerwalk, and one in Battroid, you can always have the visible pilot be the right one. 

6 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Well, that's true, but if you have both Roy's 1S and Hikaru's 1J (just one of each in my case a few more in yours :)) and you only have one in fighter/gerwalk, and one in Battroid, you can always have the visible pilot be the right one. 

Ahhhhh, but the 1J pilot is not the right pilot for the 1S with Supers. It doesn't have a space helmet. He'll die man!!!!!:D

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @spanner! I just remembered that I have an order too from NY. Haven't heard from them as well. Not keeping my hopes up now.

Thanks for reminding me... I too have a paid order for Strike parts and not so much as an email about being delayed or that they where in. Submitted a ticket asking to downgrade shipping or get a refund. Which I know will be a credit I will probably never use, never touching NY again. 

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

I bought two copies of the 1/48 pilot set that @Xigfrid sells on Shapeways. Plan to make my own Roy in space flight helmet and Hikaru in both atmospheric and space flight helmets. I want all the options. :D

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G8D52LFAX/pilots-set-for-vf-1j-dx?optionId=91611789&li=shops

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Correct. That's why I will be looking into getting just the regular missile set for it, assuming my preorder comes through. 

9 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I bought two copies of the 1/48 pilot set that @Xigfrid sells on Shapeways. Plan to make my own Roy in space flight helmet and Hikaru in both atmospheric and space flight helmets. I want all the options. :D

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G8D52LFAX/pilots-set-for-vf-1j-dx?optionId=91611789&li=shops

There is no way I could paint that thing!:rofl:

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

There is no way I could paint that thing!:rofl:

I have a ring light with a magnifying lens in the center, on a swing arm. Doesn't mean it's going to be an easy paint job for me, but at least I'll be able to more clearly see all of my mistakes. I don't normally work with small figures. This is going to be interesting.

5 minutes ago, spanner said:

Oh wait Roy is already pre ordered.. whats after Roy?

Tv Fast pack with red missiles. That’s it so far. Hopefully they’ll announce something in the next few weeks. Personally I’m hoping for GBP Armor and some form of VF-1J. 

1 hour ago, peter said:

Been away for a while, did these things go down in price a bit?Screenshot_20201025_174310_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.35ef2cc0ba3a262ffb6210d29f344d2b.jpg

Market price normally drops near release date.  :D  

also this time Amazon.jp will be adding USA sales tax to all not yet shipped orders .  But no one is going to cancel their order just because of tax .  Lol .

2 hours ago, F360 said:

Market price normally drops near release date.  :D  

also this time Amazon.jp will be adding USA sales tax to all not yet shipped orders .  But no one is going to cancel their order just because of tax .  Lol .

@peter is located in British Columbia and he has to pay a import fee to get it shipped out Canada @F360.

So are you going to get DX TV 1s Roy and leave it at your in-laws @peter plus  pay the 10% additional tax and never see it untill possibly two years from now?? 

18 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

NOt sure if this can be ordered by others. It is not for me.

DX VF-1 TV Super packs.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B08HJ2NXGD/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=dx+vf-1+s&qid=1603699952&sr=8-7

Looks like it won't ship to the US, but if someone's desperate you could ship it to a Tenso address.

12 hours ago, borgified said:

@peter is located in British Columbia and he has to pay a import fee to get it shipped out Canada @F360.

So are you going to get DX TV 1s Roy and leave it at your in-laws @peter plus  pay the 10% additional tax and never see it untill possibly two years from now?? 

Originally was thinking about having it shipped to the in-laws in Japan, but with the pandemic, who knows when we will visit again so I might just have it shipped here.

We'll see.  If the shipping fees are super stupid, I can wait to pick it up whenever we go again :)

2 minutes ago, Zaid said:

I was a bit late to this PO and missed out on it, anyones had any luck getting close to MSRP on release? I only have a 1S currently and would love to have a Roy to go side by side with him

wait for release day is your best bet for a lower price, probably not MSRP, but probably lower than now

34 minutes ago, Zaid said:

I was a bit late to this PO and missed out on it, anyones had any luck getting close to MSRP on release? I only have a 1S currently and would love to have a Roy to go side by side with him

Yeah. For now, all we can do is wait until it gets released in the hopes that it will still be widely available and not have astronomical price tag. Or better yet, who knows maybe months after, Bandai decides on releasing a DYRL Roy version. That way, it really goes well displayed with Hikaru's VF-1S. ;)