Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

51 minutes ago, RedComet said:

By the looks of it, the plate appears to be attached via a single screw. It also appears to be that way in the LEK video (6:19 mark). Are people saying the plate itself differs between 1S and 1A?

I think that plate is the same but it is held on by a metal pin??? Driving pins out sometimes doesn't work out so hot.

7 hours ago, RedComet said:

By the looks of it, the plate appears to be attached via a single screw. It also appears to be that way in the LEK video (6:19 mark). Are people saying the plate itself differs between 1S and 1A?

That particular plate, yes, but you have to remove at least four other screws and pry apart the forward (nosecone) section to slide it out. I was able to do it, but it induced some anxiety. I'd be very surprised if that plate is different between releases.

So, I finally got my hands on another FP last night (Hallelujah, I can get some sleep).  A while back I was lamenting about the differing shipping prices from different stores on this thread, so maybe somebody can help me understand this.  Here's my invoice for the first FP I bought.

Untitled.thumb.png.7e12b2bc5caf11cda6a30d5a499f7bcc.png

Which was from the Nakano site.  Here's the invoice from the new FP

Untitled.thumb.png.c0597e206011d11f392d380421dee9c0.png

This is from the Fukuoka site. Regardless of shipping costs for this one, I'm paying it.  I'm just trying to understand it.  That's almost three times the amount as the fast packs sent to me last month. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.  Again, just trying to understand.

*edit* By the way, holy $#!+ is Fukuoka fast.  It wasn't 10 minutes after I made payment to them that I got a notice that it'd shipped. Mandarake's DHL has always been super fast getting to me as well, so there's that, at least.

Edited by mantisfists

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

So, I finally got my hands on another FP last night (Hallelujah, I can get some sleep).  A while back I was lamenting about the differing shipping prices from different stores on this thread, so maybe somebody can help me understand this.  Here's my invoice for the first FP I bought.

Untitled.thumb.png.7e12b2bc5caf11cda6a30d5a499f7bcc.png

Which was from the Nakano site.  Here's the invoice from the new FP

Untitled.thumb.png.c0597e206011d11f392d380421dee9c0.png

This is from the Fukuoka site. Regardless of shipping costs for this one, I'm paying it.  I'm just trying to understand it.  That's almost three times the amount as the fast packs sent to me last month. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.  Again, just trying to understand.

I would have to say the one with higher shipping is using a bigger shipping box.  bigger dimension = higher shipping cost for DHL. 

2 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Yeah, I just got my first thing from Mandarake (not even a Valk) since May and it seems like their DHL rates have definitely gone up since then :unsure: it is what it is I guess...

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

A DX Custom Jetfire found on FB.

D929A6F4-E755-4EF9-9D9D-2992CD9C4A7E.jpeg

008AF29A-310C-4AC7-A1B8-FC84D776A7B1.jpeg

Oh man, well that beats my project to do the same by a good 2-3 months. This guy did a solid job on it! Seeing it though, I like leaving the kites but I don't think I wanna leave the 001. Also, I feel like it would look better with the blast shield, perhaps with an autobot logo where the skull used to be. Best thing about seeing this is it really answers a question in my mind about if all the little "no step" etc. decals would be a distraction on a transformer, and I think the answer to that question is no.

For me Amazon Shipping has been inconsistently priced. Before the craze, it was usually a flat 1600Y + 600Y per additional item. No matter the size or weight. Since the craze started, I’ve paid less than 1600Y for fairly large items and more than 2000Y for very small items. These are all items sold by AJ, not 3rd party sellers. Either way, I’ve found them to so far be reasonable enough between the price guarantee and the shipping to still be the cheapest or close to within single digit dollars of the cheapest options I can find. Just wish they had more stock or consistent timing and availability of these things. 

2 hours ago, RedComet said:

Oh man, well that beats my project to do the same by a good 2-3 months. This guy did a solid job on it! Seeing it though, I like leaving the kites but I don't think I wanna leave the 001. Also, I feel like it would look better with the blast shield, perhaps with an autobot logo where the skull used to be. Best thing about seeing this is it really answers a question in my mind about if all the little "no step" etc. decals would be a distraction on a transformer, and I think the answer to that question is no.

Man, no heat shield with logo or dick sticker? Shameful. And why is there a pilot...........in a robot?:lol:

He won the battle. But you will win the war. Yours is going to be better.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Man, no heat shield with logo or dick sticker? Shameful. And why is there a pilot...........in a robot?:lol:

Looking forward to Red Comets efforts 2-3 months from now.  Plenty of time to track and record what should have been better on an already achieved attempt.

But given what Red Comet has done I have faith and hope he pulls through.

9 hours ago, RedComet said:

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Looking forward to Red Comets efforts 2-3 months from now.  Plenty of time to track and record what should have been better on an already achieved attempt.

But given what Red Comet has done I have faith and hope he pulls through.

I'm looking forward to it as well @RedComet! I think you'll crush it.

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah @SilentH open and enjoy at least one if not all of those! If you are worried about anything, just do what any “true” Macross collector would do and buy three more each. :p

I think you're one short, if you're following the @tekering and @sqidd methods of collecting valks:

• one to display in Fighter mode
  • one to display in Gerwalk mode
  • one to display in Battroid mode
  • one MISB backup
  • one MISB backup to the MISB backup

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah @SilentH open and enjoy at least one if not all of those! If you are worried about anything, just do what any “true” Macross collector would do and buy three more each. :p

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I think you're one short, if you're following the @tekering and @sqidd methods of collecting valks:

• one to display in Fighter mode
  • one to display in Gerwalk mode
  • one to display in Battroid mode
  • one MISB backup
  • one MISB backup to the MISB backup

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

x2 for every “outfit” as well...like SSP, GBP or whatever. :D

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just settle for 2 of each, and let variants handle the posing/outfit differences.

Time to cue up this song. :lol:

On 10/10/2020 at 8:39 PM, Slave IV said:

x2 for every “outfit” as well...like SSP, GBP or whatever. :D

Speaking of outfits, I wonder if I could find someone on etsy to make a Zentradi uniform for my Max 1A, would be great to have it with small wires so it can billow out behind him for this pose. Apparently it has been done for the 1/60

image.jpeg

42 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Speaking of outfits, I wonder if I could find someone on etsy to make a Zentradi uniform for my Max 1A, would be great to have it with small wires so it can billow out behind him for this pose. Apparently it has been done for the 1/60

image.jpeg

Yeah, that thing is ridiculously expensive now. I’d take one but I don’t need it more than I need $30. 

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

image.jpeg

You could buy an outfit that resembles the Zentradi suit and add a little paint and wiring to make it look the part.

All in at about 20 bucks.

65578A27-D955-4D26-9FC6-FDD8B08A4406.jpeg

271B9954-85CE-4C81-8DA0-71791F4339CF.jpeg

95F05092-0964-49FE-892B-D506B726B5FA.jpeg