Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

35 minutes ago, F360 said:

if you know where they are holding it, and you need it today, you can call them to check if you can do a pickup.

Provided you can unearth the specific phone number for the office.  I don't know how common this is, but it has become all but impossible for me to find numbers for local offices of any particular shipping source, whether it's USPS, UPS, or Fedex.  All the published numbers go directly to a national hotline, and they really do not seem to like to let you talk to your local office at all.

More often than not, I've had to bypass the phone entirely, and just walk into the offices in person to get a straight answer.

Edited by Chronocidal

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Provided you can unearth the specific phone number for the office.  I don't know how common this is, but it has become all but impossible for me to find numbers for local offices of any particular shipping source, whether it's USPS, UPS, or Fedex.  All the published numbers go directly to a national hotline, and they really do not seem to like to let you talk to your local office at all.

More often than not, I've had to bypass the phone entirely, and just walk into the offices in person to get a straight answer.

yeah, the auto system for those 1-800 number really need to be reworked. 

But I was assuming that his was from DHL.   With DHL if they are holding it , you should be able to find out where,  it's probably at the closest DHL warehouse. 

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Roy started putting on kill marks, but ran out of room.

276D8130-DF79-4FA4-9DD5-E25CFC817E73.jpeg.0f3d16e136c5eeb09354590166bda9cc.jpeg

I like the kill marks.

Man, I wish all of my Valks were weathered. I can't do the half weathered half not thing so I'm not even going to start.:p

That said, I could do a weathered shelf..................................:pardon:

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

I like the kill marks.

Man, I wish all of my Valks were weathered. I can't do the half weathered half not thing so I'm not even going to start.:p

That said, I could do a weathered shelf..................................:pardon:

I know what you mean. I'm weathering just my DX VF-1. My YF-19, Hi Metal Monster and incoming YF-29 aren't getting the treatment. But they are a different scale, so different shelf amIright?

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Fair point, but I think that placement (am I right to credit @Anasazi37?) works well and is pretty subtle. It would be tacky to just fill up the nose haha.

Yeah, that's where I was thinking they could go without being a distraction. Good to see that two full rows fit in that space. I'll be adding basic kill markings to the next version of my set, but could also make them available as a separate set with more options.

49 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Yeah, that's where I was thinking they could go without being a distraction. Good to see that two full rows fit in that space. I'll be adding basic kill markings to the next version of my set, but could also make them available as a separate set with more options.

Yeah, if it hadn't been for your photoshop mockup, I might have stupidly slapped them on the nose, then regretted it. Thanks again! :drinks:

On 9/15/2020 at 5:52 AM, Alan Molina said:

is it me or  some valks have the cockpit part not flush with the rest of the plane?

not sure if its only mine 

3df64d76-4a8f-4793-8fd9-a2412662af59.jpe4c42f9bf-a51d-44be-b057-97cd4ecb0bd0.jpe

Just part of the generally inferior fit of Bandai valkyries I talked about in another thread. 

It's worse on the VF-31. 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

and it will not be your last.  .. :lol:

9 minutes ago, borgified said:

You're going done the rabbit hole @SilentH ! :lol:

Don't listen to them, man.  They're all the same!  Doesn't matter how many colors they paint it, how many parts they add to it, or even what scale they produce it at; VF-1 toys have been virtually identical for nearly two decades now.  

You only need one, really.

facebook.jpg.9cdc64cceb3a53b8725cfd919ee88d38.jpg

You only need one...  :unsure:

18 minutes ago, tekering said:

Don't listen to them, man.  They're all the same!  Doesn't matter how many colors they paint it, how many parts they add to it, or even what scale they produce it at; VF-1 toys have been virtually identical for nearly two decades now.  

And those are probably just @tekering's extras....

58 minutes ago, tekering said:

That doesn't include all the MISB copies I know @tekering keeps tucked away in storage. You know, just in case. ;)

33 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That doesn't include all the MISB copies I know @tekering keeps tucked away in storage. You know, just in case. ;)

I assume he has five of each: one to display in each mode, a MISB backup in storage, and a MISB backup for that backup. The ones in storage are probably encased in carbonite.

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

I'm sure I have no idea what you guys are talking about...  :huh:

1052363004_Valkyriesinstorage.jpg.7cb6d2989b4154bebb2b90b5709d6f5d.jpg

Man, I really wish I had an attic haha. As is I am seriously considering actually throwing out some boxes for DX Valks and my MP Transformers. As is I keep some of them hidden in a corner of a supply closet attached to my classroom :unsure: but am afraid that some custodian might think they are trash and throw them out haha

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I'm sure I have no idea what you guys are talking about...  :huh:

1052363004_Valkyriesinstorage.jpg.7cb6d2989b4154bebb2b90b5709d6f5d.jpg

those are just extra insulation to keep the house warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.  probably use as sound damping too 

many people use R-15 for insulation but @tekering used VF-1, VF-1, YF-19 instead,. ..............:hi: