Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

I don’t think anyone got those below msrp, it was at that price with coming soon tag, the moment it opened, it was above msrp, unless it all happened very quickly.

Bzzzztttt!!!  

Strike one for you @Guyffon

During the pre-order madness, there was one member here that got a TV Roy for below MRSP for 17k yen: It's @Slave IV (and @crackpot's main nemesis)! 

See post July 2nd, page 473 near halfway down the page.  Start reading pg. 470 and see the @*#1 show unfolding afterwards.

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

Bzzzztttt!!!  

During the pre-order madness, there was one member here that got a TV Roy for below MRSP for 17k yen: It's @Slave IV (and @crackpot's main nemesis)! 

See post July 2nd, page 473 near halfway down the page.  Start reading pg. 470 and see the @*#1 show unfolding afterwards.

Well, him and the 2 other people further up this page, at the very least...

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

DHL hasn't been getting signatures from me. They take a picture of it on the porch. I thought it was some COVID stuff.

I get a notification from DHL which allows me to opt out of delivery signature confirmation (which I do every time). Often they drop off while I'm home and I get a text notification that it's delivered and voila.

39 minutes ago, easnoddy said:

I get a notification from DHL which allows me to opt out of delivery signature confirmation (which I do every time). Often they drop off while I'm home and I get a text notification that it's delivered and voila.

I haven't opted out, but they still leave them. I think I have been here every time anyway so it's a moot point.

I have a sign I can put on the porch telling delivery drivers not to leave packages if I can't be here and the package is worth too much to risk.

45 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:D

Your NY employee discount doesn't count.:p

BTW, after a lot of digging I found that the LLumar is to be set with baby shampoo. It wasn't too bad. I goofed the first window up a bit but nailed the second one. I can't remember what units my light meter is in.........but whatever they are today was a little overcast and outside the meter read 500. A sheet of glass knocked it down to 380 (did you know clear class knocks UV down?, I didn't). The LLumar knocked it down to 25. That's with a very light tint. Not bad at all. I used to be abale to get my meter to read 1-2 in the late afternoon in my office when the door is open. Now I have a 25ish ft buffer between the office and when the meter starts reading UV. I'm still going to keep the door shut as much as possible. But I think I have what could be called a UV free environment where the toys are on display.:good:

Edited by sqidd

58 minutes ago, crackpot said:

:touche::drinks::touche:

Edit: wait, that's not below MSRP though. It's actual MSRP. 

54 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:D

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Then if not so @crackpot, then why is listed at 19.8k yen for Japan residents and 18k for non-residents then?? Your arch nemesis got for 17k yen and he states that he doesn't own NY to what people say.

What the f***** hell. Into the Never Ending Buring Gates of Hell all you haters!! :diablo:

Annotation 2020-09-07 215901.png

Edited by borgified

9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

BTW, after a lot of digging I found that the LLumar is to be set with baby shampoo. It wasn't too bad. I goofed the first window up a bit but nailed the second one. I can't remember what units my light meter is in.........but whatever they are today was a little overcast and outside the meter read 500. A sheet of glass knocked it down to 380 (did you know clear class knocks UV down?, I didn't). The LLumar knocked it down to 25. That's with a very light tint. Not bad at all. I used to be abale to get my meter to read 1-2 in the late afternoon in my office when the door is open. Now I have a 25ish ft buffer between the office and when the meter starts reading UV. I'm still going to keep the door shut as much as possible. But I think I have what could be called a UV free environment where the toys are on display.:good:

That’s good to know! I swear by that stuff for all my cars. I’ve always thought about getting it for my home too but I just don’t feel like dealing with it (including hiring someone to do it).  I suppose home windows are much easier to install than car but still, I gots too much on the plate already. I’ll consider it if I ever get my display room cleared out but I can also just put up some blackout curtains easier or cover with some art since I don’t ever plan on opening the windows for anything. 

Have a couple of Marvel figures I ordered through them some time ago. Chose ferry since I don't need them quickly. Came out in June and July. It's September and no word on shipping. Wonderful service. 

NY sucks.

Addendum: Order was from last year. No one else had them. Apparently, neither does NY but they happily took my money anyway. Guess it's time for yet another CC dispute against NY. 

Edited by Lolicon

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That’s good to know! I swear by that stuff for all my cars. I’ve always thought about getting it for my home too but I just don’t feel like dealing with it (including hiring someone to do it).  I suppose home windows are much easier to install than car but still, I gots too much on the plate already. I’ll consider it if I ever get my display room cleared out but I can also just put up some blackout curtains easier or cover with some art since I don’t ever plan on opening the windows for anything. 

Yeah, I blacked out the windows in the office. The tint was for the little bit of light that can travel down the hallway.

I had the south side of my house done when it was built. I never knew how effective it was/wasn't until today. Whatever they used is almost as good as the LLumar. Really close. After reading that UV test I was wondering if I had junk.

The house windows were not that bad. Especially once I dialed my system in. I could have ripped through a couple more windows real fast. The first one was the only head scratchier. I'm not much for home improvements. I think I would tint my own windows though. It just as fast as putting blinds up.

Cars? No way. The pro's can do gthat.

21 minutes ago, borgified said:

Then if not so @crackpot, then why is listed at 19.8k yen for Japan residents and 18k for non-residents then?? Your arch nemesis got for 17k yen and he states that he doesn't own NY to what people say.

What the f***** hell. Into the Never Ending Buring Gates of Hell all you haters!! :diablo:

Annotation 2020-09-07 215901.png

If you go further down that same page it's 19.8 K. Ask @Slave IV to verify his order. I remember looking at it and there wasn't any discount. 

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Painfully funny. I hope it doesn't turn out that way, but the current SSP situation isn't reassuring.

8 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I don’t think anyone got those below msrp, it was at that price with coming soon tag, the moment it opened, it was above msrp, unless it all happened very quickly.

You have a point. That entire night was a blur. I think it opened at MSRP. I was in the first round, along with a few others here. Since Nin-Nin invoiced me in USD, it's hard to be 100% sure about the exact amount in JPY, but it definitely wasn't above MSRP since I was charged $170 and ¥18K would be consistent with the exchange rate that day. Will any of us in the early rounds actually get our Roys? :unknw:

Edit: I just checked the PDF version of my invoice from Nin-Nin and see a 10% discount applied, but it doesn't show up in the web version. Might mean that my chances of actually getting Roy are decreased by a similar amount....

image.png.1d79830b9ac2a504c348f13061690ad5.png

Edited by Anasazi37

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Bzzzztttt!!!  

Haha oh well, I was watching those pages and for me it went from coming soon to the new price in one refresh, I guess you 3 (or more) have very fast refresh.

On a side note, I just went to a local shop in Singapore and lo and behold, they have 2 sets of SSP movie versions for sgd$220 and 3 new sets of hmr vf-4G, don’t know if they do overseas shipping though, shame that I do not need them as I already have my own set of either

Edited by Guyffon

29 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Or you can wait for delivery in 2025!

The 2 year waiting period is evidently no longer an option.  They cancelled two of my SSP orders and issued store credit without a word from me.

6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The 2 year waiting period is evidently no longer an option.  They cancelled two of my SSP orders and issued store credit without a word from me.

That is not cool.

11 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

its Like one day u just received an email from them stating that it is cancelled, heres ur store credit and that it?

1 hour ago, mamboeidos said:

its Like one day u just received an email from them stating that it is cancelled, heres ur store credit and that it?

Not just one, check the NY complaints thread over in the "Where to Buy Macross" Subforum.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

42 minutes ago, mojacko said:

Im slow in the new DX Bandai VF offering, is there any site to get these at a reasonable price? THanks

The website for slow or new comer don't exist unfortunately. Get it during the minute of window when you can preorder it or wait for it on site like Mandarake or jungle.

It just sucks that Bandai produce less of it.

53 minutes ago, mojacko said:

Im slow in the new DX Bandai VF offering, is there any site to get these at a reasonable price? THanks

If you're super quick on the trigger you can sometimes score them on Mandrake. But then you have $70ish in shipping to pay on top of that. You're looking a around $300 for any of the more avilable DX's. The Hikaru 1J is really getting up there. About $400. And if you get a DYRL Valk you stil have SSP's and missiles to pick up. Which means even more big shipping charges.

1 hour ago, mojacko said:

I just went manic and bought all 4 current variants in the last 3 weeks and paid right around $270 shipped for all except the 1J, which was....more (still hate myself for paying that much). It seemed to me that Mandarake had the best consistent prices but I had to go crackhead with my sleep deprivation while obsessively checking and jumping on them when they became available.  There were a couple deals that I'm still pissed at myself for passing on that would have saved me a bunch of money (especially with the 1J), so the "deals" are out there, you just have to search for them and be ready to jump on them when they come up.  The members of this forum are also amazing at having great prices when they put theirs up for sale in the For Sale section, so keep an eye on there as well.  Just be aware that reasonably priced items go FAST, no matter where they are, so if you want a great decent deal, you have to be prepared to be dedicated/obsessed in finding it.  The folks on this thread are very helpful with posting here whenever something pops up, as well.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for the awesome reply guys. Appreciate it, just need to be more vigilant in visiting this site so I can get latest pre O news or what not...BTW any thoughts on the Kakizaki version? I know he not super famous but he's the most reasonable one in term of $$$ in the bunch.....saw $288ish shipped

Edited by mojacko

6 minutes ago, mojacko said:

Thanks for the awesome reply guys. Appreciate it, just need to be more vigilant in visiting this site so I can get latest pre O news or what not...BTW any thoughts on the Kakizaki version? I know he not super famous but he's the most reasonable one in term of $$$ in the bunch.....saw $288ish shipped

That’s better than what I have been seeing? Are you sure that’s the total cost with shipping?

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Nice!

Hahaha!  Doesn't feel nice.  Still feels like I dropped the soap in prison.  But, based on how late in the game I came in, there are definitely people who had to reach farther for the soap than I did, so there's that, I guess.  The reality is, without the help of some of the folks on here (yourself included), I would have completely gotten the shaft instead of just the tip.