Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

Gotcha. I also always used the basic forwarding plan, but it might be worth to take the precaution with the insurance. But am glad you got your refund anyhow. I hope that it was because the seller was responsible and refunded it, for a case for sticking with good rated sellers.

In the heat of hype, checking on seller status can often be overlooked. Happened to me yesterday, but FJ refunded the $ cos the pre-order was apparently sold out. I regretted pulling the trigger cos the seller i ordered from only had 1 other feedback.

FJ said that the seller never cooperate in anyway.

Quote:

The seller for this auction never sent us the item, nor were they willing to offer
a refund. As such, we have born the cost and refunded your order in full.

So I am surprise and glad that I get my money back.

I am still new to this PO business but over a few attempts at DX PO, I have learn to be more relax and hold off rushing into PO from seller on auction site.
Thing get a bit more complicated with PO. For normal auction, if the item don't show within a few weeks, I can take action.

FJ have one single plan that include protection now, so that reduce the risk somewhat.

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yes, thats something i probably need to consider. I havent had any YJ auctions, via FJ, turn bad yet, my thoughts were that PP would provide some protection.
Given a 3rd party like FJ in the buying loop though...i suppose being aware of specifics would help buyers..

I have order from seller on Ebay with super good feedback. But they started to offer 50% discount on their items.

They never fulfill the orders. The account is likely hacked.

EBay or Paypal always come through with refund for these cases. But I am need to be weary with big discount.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

No!  DHL tried delivering while I was stuck on the toilet.  NO!!!!! 

Come back delivery person... come back!

its always this case...delivery man pops by when i am poping in the toilet, showering, brushing my teeth.

but no when i open my door and sit there waiting

13 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

its always this case...delivery man pops by when i am poping in the toilet, showering, brushing my teeth.

but no when i open my door and sit there waiting

DHL hasn't been getting signatures from me. They take a picture of it on the porch. I thought it was some COVID stuff.

3 minutes ago, betocc said:

Nin-Nin's first PO round for Roy was slightly below MSRP, then they released more for PO over several additional rounds at steadily increasing prices. I think it topped out at $350 by the end of that first night, so at least they haven't gone higher than 200%. I'm assuming, as many here are assuming, that a lucky few might snag Roy after release at close to retail, but otherwise the price is going to quickly reach Hikaru 1J levels....

34 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Nin-Nin's first PO round for Roy was slightly below MSRP, then they released more for PO over several additional rounds at steadily increasing prices. I think it topped out at $350 by the end of that first night, so at least they haven't gone higher than 200%. I'm assuming, as many here are assuming, that a lucky few might snag Roy after release at close to retail, but otherwise the price is going to quickly reach Hikaru 1J levels....

I don’t think anyone got those below msrp, it was at that price with coming soon tag, the moment it opened, it was above msrp, unless it all happened very quickly.

This may have been done a thousand times already by the members here, but for me it was like a slap in the face and thought it was brilliant enough to share:fool:. I was looking at tekering’s awesome photos of the Kakizaki vf-1a w/ SP above, and noticed that he was able to put the bird up with the Bandai’s DX display stand arm mounted vertically, which is only meant for battroid mode according to manual. I have a detolf and without access to some Yeti stand found it challenging to fit two VF-1’s with SSP equipped. I prefer them airborne. I believe this small mod may provide a displaying solution to those with detolf. Here are some photos;

46D5C167-C989-46E7-AAC9-13221EF09883.jpeg.63f9bc39cd7af3155773c15fc231073a.jpegC7931C12-4109-4D9A-942B-6279E67ED54A.jpeg.ea17ddddfe8aa0b2d4831c6259eb3b25.jpeg55585EB7-E97B-41C0-850A-1B1EBCFCD5B9.jpeg.96eaa0e8b14a909d35fe17b218bab856.jpegCB3717C6-78A4-4B8E-A6CB-AED2E642ACBC.jpeg.1ce7c2b757b35c13df837476d5cffe95.jpeg15D10273-4244-4DED-8581-40A56E8D930D.jpeg.6bd10ec89d2eed9099abdbebadd56b50.jpeg

All I did was with a hobby knife, cut away the highlighted area so that the clear adaptor included in SSP sits flush with the arm.  Then I reversed the base for better balance and better angle of the plane (nose up) but you can certainly have the base sit forward as usual. Either way the balance is not way off and the whole setup feels solid. Yes, I deliberately shook my detolf to see a bird tip off and fall-_- With the base forward though, you will find the aircraft sits nose down as if it is descending all due to how the adaptor sits on the base of the arm. 

Now with more space created by raising it significantly, I may be able to fit another VF-1 w/ SP sitting on a factory Bandai DX display stand comfortably in the detolf. I will update as soon as my copy of the Kakizaki arrives, thanks!

3 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I don’t think anyone got those below msrp, it was at that price with coming soon tag, the moment it opened, it was above msrp, unless it all happened very quickly.

683677007_ScreenShot2020-09-07at8_22_55PM.png.76ff10e9322654e534b0ee3f2d0f1096.png

I got one, though I'm not counting on them fulfilling it.

I have 2 cheaper ones ordered via Amazon Japan (¥40,891 including shipping).

6 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

This may have been done a thousand times already by the members here, but for me it was like a slap in the face and thought it was brilliant enough to share:fool:. I was looking at tekering’s awesome photos of the Kakizaki vf-1a w/ SP above, and noticed that he was able to put the bird up with the Bandai’s DX display stand arm mounted vertically, which is only meant for battroid mode according to manual. I have a detolf and without access to some Yeti stand found it challenging to fit two VF-1’s with SSP equipped. I prefer them airborne. I believe this small mod may provide a displaying solution to those with detolf. Here are some photos;

46D5C167-C989-46E7-AAC9-13221EF09883.jpeg.63f9bc39cd7af3155773c15fc231073a.jpegC7931C12-4109-4D9A-942B-6279E67ED54A.jpeg.ea17ddddfe8aa0b2d4831c6259eb3b25.jpeg55585EB7-E97B-41C0-850A-1B1EBCFCD5B9.jpeg.96eaa0e8b14a909d35fe17b218bab856.jpegCB3717C6-78A4-4B8E-A6CB-AED2E642ACBC.jpeg.1ce7c2b757b35c13df837476d5cffe95.jpeg15D10273-4244-4DED-8581-40A56E8D930D.jpeg.6bd10ec89d2eed9099abdbebadd56b50.jpeg

All I did was with a hobby knife, cut away the highlighted area so that the clear adaptor included in SSP sits flush with the arm.  Then I reversed the base for better balance and better angle of the plane (nose up) but you can certainly have the base sit forward as usual. Either way the balance is not way off and the whole setup feels solid. Yes, I deliberately shook my detolf to see a bird tip off and fall-_- With the base forward though, you will find the aircraft sits nose down as if it is descending all due to how the adaptor sits on the base of the arm. 

Now with more space created by raising it significantly, I may be able to fit another VF-1 w/ SP sitting on a factory Bandai DX display stand comfortably in the detolf. I will update as soon as my copy of the Kakizaki arrives, thanks!

The reflection on the glass make this photo looks really cool. Kind of remind me of a scene or a poster I have seen (but can't remember from where).

Thanks for the mod idea.