Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

36 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

Do we have a post or blog or you tube channel that showcases your Valk poses? like the how to be a poser for hot toys type of thing but for Valks?  :)

I think these three are as close as it gets

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

So you raised a paypal dispute within 6 months agaisnt FJ? Did FJsay anything that made you think you couldnt get it resolved?

I have multiple proxy orders in place with FJ and a few items in the warehouse pending shipment consolidation. So I am not in a position to burn the bridge.

FJ basically say that they cannot do anything since I didn't pay for the plan with insurance (I was using basic forwarding plan).

1 hour ago, tekering said:

For anyone curious as to what a DX Chogokin 1:48 scale Glaug might look like...

big-glaug-jpg.28768437

Almost too big for my light tent!  :blink:

:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::shok:

I want one! I would have nowhere to put it. But I want one!:D

Is that a 3D printed "Garage Kit" of some sort?

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That looks dumber and dumber each time I see it. 

Those Bandai panel lines are pretty deep. 

Indeed. To apply kill markings in that area, you'd definitely want to use a decal setting solution.

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

Just imagine during peacetime, a micronized Exodol tours the valkyrie hangar deck and sees the thousands of kills each squadron made against his own. Awkward!

Maybe someone can do the reverse...for the Hi Metal Glaug or the Yamato Q-Rau....put some valkyrie and destroid emblems on those. 

Can you make a special decal for Hikaru where it is just the head of Bodolza? Guess it might look like an octopus if it is just the silhouette. :) 

image.png

Definitely awkward. I have silhouettes for those, too! Mocked up Bodolza this morning. I guess if you have his kill marking on your valk, you really don't need any others. :)

image.png.b983f280287a05a039571932e70d869c.png

image.png.2ebac214eb83235a89bcc57797ba5749.png

image.png.bdb8e6461e98736ca67dc4ceba924c4b.png

Edited by Anasazi37

39 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Indeed. To apply kill markings in that area, you'd definitely want to use a decal setting solution.

Definitely awkward. I have silhouettes for those, too! Mocked up Bodolza this morning. I guess if you have his kill marking on your valk, you really don't need any others. :)

image.png.2ebac214eb83235a89bcc57797ba5749.png

Anyone who had earned that one should just post that sucker on the windshield Ricky Bobby style.

th.jpeg.364a2d7214cb3a442a2aa68d9d27861f.jpeg

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

I think it's a perspective shot of an HMR Glaug.

That's correct.  :good:

47 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

To apply kill markings in that area, you'd definitely want to use a decal setting solution.

That's equally correct.  :good:

3 hours ago, tekering said:

For anyone curious as to what a DX Chogokin 1:48 scale Glaug might look like...

big-glaug-jpg.28768437

Almost too big for my light tent!  :blink:

Interesting. I would definitely like an upgrade on my 1/48. The HMR Glaug is rich with articulation and I can only imagine how much more can be done in DX form.

48157DE5-3E10-4D19-803E-E99D983BEC84.jpeg

Got a Kakizaki today at Jungle for 25,300 plus the 5% fee they charge, not a bad price. They also declare a lower value when shipping by EMS so I expect no to be charged by Customs. Total charge should be about 300 USD. They usually have higher prices than Mandarake but they provide a good service.

OMG!  OMG!

I just got an email from Nippon-Yasan. 

They are finally processing the DX Chogokin VF-1 Super/Strike Parts that I had pre-ordered and paid for back on June 6th, 2019.

I am amazed.  I thought my order had disappeared into the internet void.

Time to do a happy dance with my cats!

11 hours ago, kkx said:

I have multiple proxy orders in place with FJ and a few items in the warehouse pending shipment consolidation. So I am not in a position to burn the bridge.

FJ basically say that they cannot do anything since I didn't pay for the plan with insurance (I was using basic forwarding plan).

Gotcha. I also always used the basic forwarding plan, but it might be worth to take the precaution with the insurance. But am glad you got your refund anyhow. I hope that it was because the seller was responsible and refunded it, for a case for sticking with good rated sellers.

In the heat of hype, checking on seller status can often be overlooked. Happened to me yesterday, but FJ refunded the $ cos the pre-order was apparently sold out. I regretted pulling the trigger cos the seller i ordered from only had 1 other feedback.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG!  OMG!

They are finally processing the DX Chogokin VF-1 Super/Strike Parts that I had pre-ordered and paid for back on June 6th, 2019.

how many sets is it?

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG!  OMG!

Talk about better late than never. Congrats on them finally shipping out! B))

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

For FJ, I only ever use the basic plan when it's an item direct from a trusted retailer like P-Bandai or Arcadia's website.

Anything else, especially anything off Yahoo Japan Auctions, gets the protection plan.

Yes, thats something i probably need to consider. I havent had any YJ auctions, via FJ, turn bad yet, my thoughts were that PP would provide some protection.
Given a 3rd party like FJ in the buying loop though...i suppose being aware of specifics would help buyers..

As for the cat dancing....

a8dty.jpg.17f39a8070ad4fa61fb54fec0ff74525.jpg

lets go..

Edited by seti88

43 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Yes, thats something i probably need to consider. I havent had any YJ auctions, via FJ, turn bad yet, my thoughts were that PP would provide some protection.
Given a 3rd party like FJ in the buying loop though...i suppose being aware of specifics would help buyers..

As for the cat dancing....

a8dty.jpg.17f39a8070ad4fa61fb54fec0ff74525.jpg

lets go..

I had two YAJ auction gone bad. It is from a reliable seller (I viewed the rating and number of transactions in YAJ) with multiple PO fulfillment before, then suddenly, the seller stopped fulfilling orders. This was before the protection plan was put in-place in FJ.

I enforced PP protection and my account got banned. So the advice on using basic plan for trusted source and protection plan on other else, is a really good advice. Though from what I remember, FJ changed their policy recently and lowered the plan to 300 yen (from 700 irc)

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

I enforced PP protection and my account got banned. So the advice on using basic plan for trusted source and protection plan on other else, is a really good advice. Though from what I remember, FJ changed their policy recently and lowered the plan to 300 yen (from 700 irc)

Ya FJ changed it to just one plan (300 yen) which includes the same protection from 700 plan. However, there are also some changes on how this fee applies. Before it was on a per order basis, but now, it's on a per item basis. YAJ auction buyers won't be affected that much since the fee usually applies on a per auction basis. However, this greatly affects users who buy multiple items per order from local JP shops, especially those who buy small/cheap articles.

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

I had two YAJ auction gone bad. It is from a reliable seller (I viewed the rating and number of transactions in YAJ) with multiple PO fulfillment before, then suddenly, the seller stopped fulfilling orders. This was before the protection plan was put in-place in FJ.

Thanks for sharing. Its certainly making me consider using a protection plan, esp since i've been using FJ more nowadays.

22 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

Ya FJ changed it to just one plan (300 yen) which includes the same protection from 700 plan. However, there are also some changes on how this fee applies. Before it was on a per order basis, but now, it's on a per item basis. YAJ auction buyers won't be affected that much since the fee usually applies on a per auction basis. However, this greatly affects users who buy multiple items per order from local JP shops, especially those who buy small/cheap articles.

Thanks for sharing that point too, good to know.

I would count myself lucky then, that for the one & only time I PO’ed through YAJ, it was fulfilled by seller. It was the VF-31J Kai, that was only available through lottery,  and I sorta jumped at it without thinking through any protection or insurance at that time. 

It’s great that there’s insurance/protection plan for these.