Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Absolutely!  In some ways, the Hikkie DYRL 1S was harder than Roy (in other ways, Roy was more difficult).  I didn't score Hikaru on PO night but did score him around release for MSRP at HobbySearch.  The blessing and curse of when release day approaches is that you just don't know when something will be available.  It's good because you aren't competing with as many people all bottlenecking at the same time.  It's bad because you have no idea when something is made available so it's a bit of luck.  Two things happen:

1. People (likely scalpers) begin to offload POs around release day from sites that don't require upfront payment if they haven't sold their marked-up inventory
  2. Shops often have a little extra stock they sell on release day

Ok, thanks, I'll try to remain positive and keep my eyes wide open for a Roy on release date :)

Thanks again :)

48 minutes ago, peter said:

Lol, oops.  Been trying find a similar deal, but no luck.

Those Amazon deals are the best I have seen. I picked another up through Buyee but the price only made sense because I had a bunch of stuff bundled anyway. I can pretend I didn't pay shipping.:D

So here is a question for anyone who already has a Kaki in hand. Is there anything in the manual in regards to decal placement? Figured that there might be a diagram that goes with all of the numbers. I am particularly interested in the enemy kill marks, and wondered if any were assigned to specific pilots. Any shot of that manual page if it exists would be much appreciated :D also are they water slide decals or just stickers? Thanks!

1228236905_ScreenShot2020-09-02at4_02_30PM.png.283a0e674230c7e26df3a6fb33992d57.png

6 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So here is a question for anyone who already has a Kaki in hand. Is there anything in the manual in regards to decal placement? Figured that there might be a diagram that goes with all of the numbers. I am particularly interested in the enemy kill marks, and wondered if any were assigned to specific pilots. Any shot of that manual page if it exists would be much appreciated :D also are they water slide decals or just stickers? Thanks!

1228236905_ScreenShot2020-09-02at4_02_30PM.png.283a0e674230c7e26df3a6fb33992d57.png

The entire sheet is for Max;):D

6 hours ago, RedComet said:

Is there anything in the manual in regards to decal placement?

No, there isn't.  I don't know why they bothered to number those decals.  :huh:

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

are they water slide decals or just stickers?

Water slides.  :wub:

31 minutes ago, tekering said:

No, there isn't.  I don't know why they bothered to number those decals.  :huh:

Water slides.  :wub:

Thanks for answering my questions! You figure there are enough kills for 4 Valks? Looks like they go in matching sets on both sides right? Except any of the sets had too many kills for Kaki himself :p

Edited by RedComet

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

My Amazon seller for the Kakizaki refunded me 1000 yen on the shipping, because apparently it is coming by SEA
I hope it is packed well :(

Probably the same guy who I purchased one from. Also @Sanity is Optional. He notified both of us before shipping and I had him cancel the transaction. I think Sanity did the same thing.

I have an extra if you're time sensitive. I could sell you one and when yours shows up buy it from you. LMK.:hi:

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It does look nice but I prefer to not display my Valks just standing by. 

Landing gears don't concern me. I want action figures, not statues.:D

+1000

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It does look nice but I prefer to not display my Valks just standing by. 

Landing gears don't concern me. I want action figures, not statues.:D

You have the best logic.

Not sure what kind of bizarro world you live in, but painting the landing gear doesn't turn my valks into "statues" that can't be played with or transformed.

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You have the best logic.

Not sure what kind of bizarro world you live in, but painting the landing gear doesn't turn my valks into "statues" that can't be played with or transformed.

Haha, don't take that any way other than I couldn't think of a better word to use when I was inspired by this:

7be86040722d4b83469e283644eafaea8d562e02

Your work is beautiful and if my Valks came looking the way you make them, I'd be impressed, most impressed.

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

How much are the import duties on something like that?

not sure yet i didnt get charged anything from fedex.. maybe because my last payment to mykombini was the shipping they put in the final invoice just 2000 yen 

maybe i got lucky 

or maybe  they will hit me with a bill later

59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I honestly don't notice unless someone points it out.

In the past I never gave it a second thought either, believe it or not. Then that rat bastard @wm cheng told me to try painting the landing gear on my VF-25F way back when, and now I can't stand the unpainted gear. :unknw:

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, don't take that any way other than I couldn't think of a better word to use when I was inspired by this:

Your work is beautiful and if my Valks came looking the way you make them, I'd be impressed, most impressed.

Haha thanks. Ironically enough, my DX's actually spend most of their time in battroid mode, despite all the time i put into making fighter look better.

I just want them as pretty as possible when they're on display. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

In the past I never gave it a second thought either, believe it or not. Then that rat bastard @wm cheng told me to try painting the landing gear on my VF-25F way back when, and now I can't stand the unpainted gear. :unknw:

Haha thanks. Ironically enough, my DX's actually spend most of their time in battroid mode, despite all the time i put into making fighter look better.

I just want them as pretty as possible when they're on display. :ph34r:

Yeah, I totally get it and have utmost respect to those like you who have the talent, ability and lack the OCD of not wanting to alter their toys like I have to do these custom jobs. So basically, I love seeing stuff like that but I rarely display my Valks with landing gears out so I don't need to worry about it.

8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

NICE!!! Damn man, you did not hesitate to paint that landing gear. 

Say it with me, "It looks so much better that way!!" :D

Thanks. :) As mentioned above, it's strange I do that since they're usually in battroid mode, and my other 1/60 valks spend their display time in-flight on Yeti stands, so the landing gear are rarely seen outside of photo taking times.

This is all @wm cheng's fault! :angry:

All these mecha look SO much better, in my opinion, with the panel lines darkened.  I really wish these came like that.  The Bandai's seem to be a bit deeper than the Yamato 1/48, which make them pop a bit more when they're undone, but, man.....these things are stunning when the panel lines are filled in.  Nice job, Lolicon.  

Edited by mantisfists