Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

15 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's better. One popped up on AJ "fulfilled by Amazon".

¥23,891 (after tax removed), with ¥2587 DHL shipping.

Yoink.

Nice!!!!

Am I guessing correctly there was only one?

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Never heard people complain so much about getting more options. :p

Ok, so the best nonsensical analogy I can come up with here?

"I'm sorry we painted your Thunderbird F-16's pilot's helmet gold.  We have included a corrected Thunderbirds decal for the helmet, as well as a full set of Blue Angels decals in case you want to completely redo the aircraft in those markings."  You know.. ignoring the fact that it's the wrong aircraft.

Let's be honest here.. if they actually cared anything about it being correct, the decal sheet should include EVERY modex number, so you can make the whole freaking thing match their dorked up tail marking.

Wrong is wrong is wrong.  I don't know what sort of boneheaded derailed train of logic led to this mess in the first place, but I want to slap the idiot responsible, and make him individually issue every buyer of this snafu with a personal apology, and a free correctly printed tail.

Like, seriously, Bandai... own up to your shite.  You screwed the pooch on the first release by reversing the tail, and I don't care if it was on purpose or by accident, you don't make it better by continuing to insist it was on purpose, and then continuing the error so the rest of your products match the failure.

Sorry to get heated, but this is the sort of thing that makes me want to punch small animals.  We all make mistakes.  Bandai is refusing to admit it, and shoving the burden of correcting the error off onto their customers.  I assume it's to save face.  It's completely ineffective, because they're coming off looking intensely stupid. <_< 

I'm legitimately pissed off that they can't print a number correctly, and they expect me to clean up their mess.

Edited by Chronocidal

Honestly.. this mostly has nothing to do with the toy?

It's the attitude they take to their mistakes.  The toy is a relatively easy fix.  It's their refusal to admit the mistake and correct it that gets to me, because they had ample time to do so, and stuck to their excuse that it was on purpose.  That's shameful as a business practice.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It's the attitude they take to their mistakes.  The toy is a relatively easy fix.  It's their refusal to admit the mistake and correct it that gets to me, because they had ample time to do so, and stuck to their excuse that it was on purpose.  That's shameful as a business practice.

Don't ever, ever, ever get into fast cars.:rofl:

In the battle of Midway, the Japanese lost 3 of their 4 fleet carriers in 5 minutes. Instead of protecting and preserving their last (and irreplaceable) carrier, they they foolishly rushed her forward along with their other ships in the hopes of a surface engagement with the Americans. This allowed the Americans to take out this last carrier. 

So why didn't they hold back their last carrier instead of throwing her head first into danger? A carrier has no place in a surface engagement. Because for the Japanese, maintaining their personal honor and "trying their best" (頑張ってください!) was more important than preserving this last carrier, even if the results were disastrous. 

And so nearly 80 years later, because of that attitude, we're saddled with reverse modex numbers. 

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

In the battle of Midway, the Japanese lost 3 of their 4 fleet carriers in 5 minutes. Instead of protecting and preserving their last (and irreplaceable) carrier, they they foolishly rushed her forward along with their other ships in the hopes of a surface engagement with the Americans. This allowed the Americans to take out this last carrier. 

So why didn't they hold back their last carrier instead of throwing her head first into danger? A carrier has no place in a surface engagement. Because for the Japanese, maintaining their personal honor and "trying their best" (頑張ってください!) was more important than preserving this last carrier, even if the results were disastrous. 

And so nearly 80 years later, because of that attitude, we're saddled with reverse modex numbers. 

Haha, love it! It takes all sorts to make an interesting world. Who knows but whatever makes the Japanese minds tick also brought us Macross to begin with and I’m thankful and appreciative of aspects of all cultures.

Edited by Slave IV

20 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif?1

Edited by sqidd

4 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'm so on it!:rofl:

$95 for EMS. What a steal!!!

Edited by sqidd

12 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just got word from Okini Land and a small addition to price for shipping. Still no word at all from Nin-Nin...and still have time to file a claim.

Does Okini Land declare a lower value if you ask for that? Where I live it is very common to be charged by Customs. I was wondering if they honor a declare lower value request.

1 minute ago, betocc said:

Does Okini Land declare a lower value if you ask for that? Where I live it is very common to be charged by Customs. I was wondering if they honor a declare lower value request.

I am not 100% sure on that answer as i do not have to pay customs. Sorry

14 hours ago, crackpot said:

Those are for Mr. Hunter, Sterling, and Dixon.

:wacko: Who?!

:p;)

Edited by slide

With all these errors surfacing up with the DX VF-1, do you think that Bandai will take heed of these flubs and correct it for Roy's 1s TV version this November? 

Pphhtt... I wouldn't take my bets on that one. <_<

One another note, I think we should take @crackpot tie him up and burn him at the stake a la Joan of Arc style.:diablo:

Dude... No need to poison the thread with that stuff. There's more than enough crap going on right now. 

35 minutes ago, borgified said:

With all these errors surfacing up with the DX VF-1, do you think that Bandai will take heed of these flubs and correct it for Roy's 1s TV version this November? 

These modex "errors" seem limited to the DYRL releases, thankfully.

37 minutes ago, borgified said:

I think we should take @crackpot tie him up and burn him at the stake a la Joan of Arc style.:diablo:

You're funnier than he is!  :lol:

16 hours ago, Shawn said:

Do the instructions say anything about the decals?

Yes, but nothing informative or useful... certainly nothing that addresses the modex numbering specifically.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

One another note, I think we should take @crackpot tie him up and burn him at the stake a la Joan of Arc style.:diablo:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

You're funnier than he is!  :lol:

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Who are you that is so wise in the way of science?:rofl:

Ouch!

Should I add it's for their clash of the bionoids? :spiteful:

Edited by crackpot

3 hours ago, crackpot said:

Ouch!

Should I add it's for their clash of the bionoids? :spiteful:

Nah... We should additionally put you into the Shartikcon Tank of you survive the burning at the stake. 

Edit: Corrected spelling after Lolicon's write up. I'm writing this up with a totally cracked screen on my phone. 

Edited by borgified