Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

16 minutes ago, peter said:

¥26,290 is the cheapest right now :(

Amazon JP listed price includes Japan Domestic tax. Adding it to your cart and checking out, once their system saw that you are shipping it outside of Japan, the said domestic tax will be removed.

So, the seller I bought from* has 2 more up, same price, same shipping.

However, the seller contacted me and said that since EMS isn't available to the states, could he ship it via Surface.

So be aware, that if you buy from "イロハ堂[午後16時までにご注文確定で消毒・除菌をして365日福岡県から即日発送!!]." and in an area without EMS service, you may be stuck with Surface or a cancellation.

On the other side of things, my Kakizaki from FromJapan shipped out via FedEx, and ought to be here in a few days.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Anybody looking for one, Amazon.jp has one available for the 26,290 that was talked about above.  Still says that they won't ship to me, but hopefully somebody else can jump on it.  

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B089WGZJDG/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1598499051&sr=1-3

I just ordered with that link ships directly to the US. 28.400 yen.

Edited by sqidd

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

However, the seller contacted me and said that since EMS isn't available to the states, could he ship it via Surface.

So be aware, that if you buy from "イロハ堂[午後16時までにご注文確定で消毒・除菌をして365日福岡県から即日発送!!]." and in an area without EMS service, you may be stuck with Surface or a cancellation.

On the other side of things, my Kakizaki from FromJapan shipped out via FedEx, and ought to be here in a few days.

Crap, I should have read down all the way. I placed my order through the same seller. I'm not paying 4,000 yen for surface shipping. I just put an order cancellation in. Hopefully it sticks.

And hopefully someone else puts one up with DHL.

14 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice pics :)

The DX VF-1 is nothing if not photogenic...  ^_^

1769146996_Kakizakijacked.jpg.966dfe59efe151a5046cd1435ff8848f.jpg

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Fixed things for Bandai!

image.png.ab527620e78329bb1187e18f151e0cd0.png

No, dude... that's just as half-assed as Bandai.  If you're gonna commit, go the distance.

1012724194_gothedistance.jpg.fe6ff7ee1707820e490ade541c31dd08.jpg

:p

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So I immediately canceled that order (I can get one for less on Yahoo Japan and put it in a box that is already shipping DHL for effectively no shipping cost) and then got an email from him saying it could go boat only. I asked him to cancel the order. Aaaaaaannnnd, my CC got charged anyway. Yay, one more thing to follow up on!:yahoo:

Grrrrrrr, I should have just had it sent by boat.:fool:

Edited by sqidd

So this just showed up in my white rabbit mailbox overnight.  didn't konw this was out already (thanks to tekering's post on another forum i found out lol) and the email landed in some strange folder so i didn't even know until i searched my emails for white rabbit, lol.  Anyway this is my first rodeo with white rabbit.  All in, including shipping and the purchas e price i paid back when i ordered it comes to about ~$260 USD shipped from japan to new york.  I picked DHL because i kow they have been pretty reliable during the covid times as i've gotten amazon japan stuff from dhl during this time.  IF i picked fedex it would have been about $3 cheaper (and potentially a day faster) but i don't know how good fedex is from japn to USA right now.  if everything goes well with this shipemnt i can see using them from future webshop exclusives or whatever bandai calls them.  I know i had to prepay (aside from teh shipping which was $47 for DHL), but the overall price is not too bad right?  anyone else go this route on this figure (aside from F360 that clued me in to white rabbit)?

23 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

So this just showed up in my white rabbit mailbox overnight.  didn't konw this was out already (thanks to tekering's post on another forum i found out lol) and the email landed in some strange folder so i didn't even know until i searched my emails for white rabbit, lol.  Anyway this is my first rodeo with white rabbit.  All in, including shipping and the purchas e price i paid back when i ordered it comes to about ~$260 USD shipped from japan to new york.  I picked DHL because i kow they have been pretty reliable during the covid times as i've gotten amazon japan stuff from dhl during this time.  IF i picked fedex it would have been about $3 cheaper (and potentially a day faster) but i don't know how good fedex is from japn to USA right now.  if everything goes well with this shipemnt i can see using them from future webshop exclusives or whatever bandai calls them.  I know i had to prepay (aside from teh shipping which was $47 for DHL), but the overall price is not too bad right?  anyone else go this route on this figure (aside from F360 that clued me in to white rabbit)?

I purchased from Okini Land and MyKombini.  One was DHL and other was FedEx.  Both cost ~$245/ea including shipping.

Snagged one on Yahoo Auctions for 24,000 including domestic shipping), hope I can ship it and another one together for 6,500 (what I recently shipped 2 Hikaru 1S for). I just saw the other box flap :D touching that [SPOILER ALERT FOR 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE] it depicts his last moment alive.

KakiLastBreath.png.5edd3853b31a11060b13402509160099.png

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

Snagged one on Yahoo Auctions for 24,000 including domestic shipping), hope I can ship it and another one together for 6,500 (what I recently shipped 2 Hikaru 1S for). I just saw the other box flap :D touching that [SPOILER ALERT FOR 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE] it depicts his last moment alive.

KakiLastBreath.png.5edd3853b31a11060b13402509160099.png

I was about to buy that one you just got.:D Just put a bid in on another.

26 minutes ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

20200827_185056.jpg.d31a0bf84561e8e0d3bacecf8a83e6a3.jpg

did anyone notice this?

That is painfully funny. Why would you want to put reversed modex numbers on the other side and compound the problem? Maybe they did that to appease the Bandai executive who thought the original reversal was a good idea and forced the company to defend it on social media.

OK, not trying to be a smart-ass, really, but what is the point of the 310 sticker for the other (left) side tailfin.
I thought the reason for doing 310 on the right fin was to have a 'style uniformity' in battroid mode with the tail fins folded
So if you 'fix' the right side, you would then apply this to make the left side 'uniform' in battroid?
There is an obvious non-smart-ass answer, but I can't figure it out yet. Help!

Maybe it just make the left side broken to match a non-fixed right side?

Do the instructions say anything about the decals?