Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I think maybe a month ago or so I had gotten through to them to ship it and decided to go ferry since I waited so long anyway. I have no earthly idea when it will arrive. Maybe 2021 sometime. That's not really on them.

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

I'm waiting on 4 from NY, shipped by ferry (though not shipped yet).

Same here, 4 for me as well, but I paid for UPS, and even that wasn't enough to convince them to ship.

I'm pinging them on a weekly basis for updates, because it's been "shipping in progress" for over a month.  If they don't get them shipped before EMS comes back online for the US, I'm considering backcharging the shipping upcharge for UPS via Paypal.  I've told them as much, but still no response five weeks later.

I would bet we'll see them for around 20,000 in the next few days, about Max prices. I'm waiting for that. Might get multiple to save a bit on shipping, LMK if anyone else wants one. Also gonna get mine lightly weathered, so DEFINITELY let me know if you want a Kakizaki weathering custom :D

29 minutes ago, betocc said:

8 minutes ago, RedComet said:

I would bet we'll see them for around 20,000 in the next few days, about Max prices. I'm waiting for that. Might get multiple to save a bit on shipping, LMK if anyone else wants one. Also gonna get mine lightly weathered, so DEFINITELY let me know if you want a Kakizaki weathering custom :D

I would say it would be between the VF1A Max and the current prices for VF1S Hikaru, between 22k and 26k yens but after some weeks, not days. Max is also getting scarce every day on YJA also, let's see what happen in the next few days and wait for a good deal. 

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

My Kakizaki’s arrived at my proxy. Not sure when or how I’ll ship them. 

I guess it depends on what proxy you used. When using DeJapan you need to ask for the shipment once it has arrived and then you get the invoice for the shipping cost. Hopefully you will get it soon! 

4 minutes ago, betocc said:

I guess it depends on what proxy you used. When using DeJapan you need to ask for the shipment once it has arrived and then you get the invoice for the shipping cost. Hopefully you will get it soon! 

Yes I know, I’m just saying that I’ve not decided how or when to ship them :D

27 minutes ago, tekering said:

Not quite yet...  :unsure:

Gotta fix the markings first.  <_<

bastards.jpg.23038e5c357b1e6aadde01662a2712fb.jpg

We've been Bandai'ed folks!! 

Bring out the Pitch Forks, Molotov cocktails, Cayenne Pepper Spray and the Heavy Artillery!! :diablo:

Damn... Can't even spell correctly. 

Edited by borgified

52 minutes ago, tekering said:

Whoah!  Don't think using a little thinner will make your work easier...  :o

warning.jpg.c88c9c4ab9ef87e9ff7a146d5da02e12.jpg

The black coat is much too thin already.  :(

Oof... That sucks. But since those decals already had a black background, couldn't you have just placed it over top instead of trying to remove the tampo first? Or are the decals not opaque enough?

12 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Wait, did that sheet come with Kaki's 1A?

Also, those are waterslides and not stickers, right?

Yes, and yes.  ^_^

7 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

But since those decals already had a black background, couldn't you have just placed it over top instead of trying to remove the tampo first?

Yeah, I was just being pedantic, and ended up making more work for myself...  :(

corrected.jpg.19d24e9c56cba40240ff6fddab7ce823.jpg

Nonetheless, all is right with the world again.  ^_^

75616856_bareKakizaki.jpg.c21690f6eaace6c5c0b2dead788c0962.jpg

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yes, and yes.  ^_^

Yeah, I was just being pedantic, and ended up making more work for myself...  :(

75616856_bareKakizaki.jpg.c21690f6eaace6c5c0b2dead788c0962.jpg

Those extra decals kind of makes me want to get Kakizaki's 1A. I hope they're included with other future releases as well.

Glad it still works out in the end. Looks perfect!

Are you also going to put the missing skull squadron insignias by the rear of the cockpit as well?

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Yes, and yes.  ^_^

I've been wondering about the quality of the replacement decals. That looks downright decent. Hopefully this is the last time we get Bandai'd with reversed modex numbers.

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Those extra decals kind of makes me want to get Kakizaki's 1A. I hope they're included with other future releases as well.

Glad it still works out in the end. Looks perfect!

Are you also going to put the missing skull squadron insignias by the rear of the cockpit as well?

Bandai hasn't posted any pictures of a decal sheet for the Roy 1S, so this might be a one-off to appease collectors. For anyone who is interested, I still have a few decal sets available from my last run and can do another small run, if needed. $5 plus shipping. Each sheet has markings for up to four valks.

preview2.jpg.a0048c6eef46b43d5a8b9a3d22a3b6ff.jpg

Bandai should have printed the numbers correctly then included reverse decals for the weirdos who love backwards numbering. :p

Checked From Japan and requested shipping before they even sent me the item arrival email. :lol:

Anyone going to do a Messer-style custom for Kakizaki?

Edited by Lolicon

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Bandai should have printed the numbers correctly then included reverse decals for the weirdos who love backwards numbering. :p

Checked From Japan and requested shipping before they even sent me the item arrival email. :lol:

Anyone going to do a Messer-style custom for Kakizaki?

:lol: