Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yes, the DX supers are scheduled for 31st Dec.

Cant wait for tamashii nations this October end. Bring on the GBP or 21! 

Or more likely it might be a 1/48 Max DYRL for early next year?

I would put money on it being the DYRL Max 1A, since they already committed to that with the numbers on the blue SSP roundels.

Thought I should provide an update on the silhouette project. I went through a bunch of line art and created silhouettes for as many things as I could. Some stuff like the Super and Strike 1S just look like indistinct blobs. If I start showing internal details instead of outlines, they look better, but that is going to take some time do right. Not pictured are the skull and kite symbol I finished a while back.

image.png.8825f97b118a80eab33d424611cf3d2a.png

14 hours ago, borgified said:

Amazon.jp says the 17th of this month.*

* Dates should be correct *

Just to give out the remaining Macross releases that I know presently:

(1) Arcadia's re-release of the VF-1J with GBP is the end of this month.

(2) DX YF-29 Alto Full Set - October 31th (Halloween for those that celebrate in smaller groups now given the present Worldwide Mess that we're all in)

(3) DX 1s Roy TV version -  November 31st

(4) DX TV Supers -  December 31st? (not listed, however should be the 31st if I understand correctly) 

Are these dates for preorders or have the preorders already happened and these are the dates for when the toys actually start shipping?

Just now, mantisfists said:

Are these dates for preorders or have the preorders already happened and these are the dates for when the toys actually start shipping?

Preorders for all of them have already happened. Those are estimated shipping dates.

23 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Thought I should provide an update on the silhouette project. I went through a bunch of line art and created silhouettes for as many things as I could. Some stuff like the Super and Strike 1S just look like indistinct blobs. If I start showing internal details instead of outlines, they look better, but that is going to take some time do right. Not pictured are the skull and kite symbol I finished a while back.

image.png.8825f97b118a80eab33d424611cf3d2a.png

A silhouette you might want to add..........

IMG_3402.jpg.20df885fc0c6432442d70c674c9082e3.jpg

1 hour ago, Pcfly said:

A silhouette you might want to add..........

IMG_3402.jpg.20df885fc0c6432442d70c674c9082e3.jpg

Much appreciated. I'll have to see if I can find it at higher resolution. It's not in the Macross Variable Fighter Designers Note. At least I didn't see it when I flipped through it again right now.

39 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Much appreciated. I'll have to see if I can find it at higher resolution. It's not in the Macross Variable Fighter Designers Note. At least I didn't see it when I flipped through it again right now.

Who here has the Macross Chronicle Mags as it might be in there (maybe @jvmacross might know)? :unknw: 

Edit: Just giving some ideas here and these might work possibly? 

http://mechajournal.com/

Macross Mecha Manual - http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

Edited by borgified

56 minutes ago, borgified said:

Who here has the Macross Chronicle Mags as it might be in there (maybe @jvmacross might know)? :unknw: 

Edit: Just giving some ideas here and these might work possibly? 

http://mechajournal.com/

Macross Mecha Manual - http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

It's surprisingly hard to find, given how iconic it is.

As Perez Hilton (From TMZ) might say "Train Wreck"! 8P

Honestly saying, how many think that for those who pre-ordered Hayao's 1a via TWE will actually be fulfilled and not be like a ninja and leave you empty handed? 

Edit: *hacking up furballs * NY *hacking up furballs* 

Edited by borgified

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

As Perez Hilton (From TMZ) might say "Train Wreck"! 8P

Honestly saying, how many think that for those who pre-ordered Hayao's 1a via TWE will actually be fulfilled and not be like a ninja and leave you empty handed? 

Edit: *hacking up furballs * NY *hacking up furballs* 

N-Y didn't even offer a good price for this item.  hardly anyone preorder this from N-Y. 

Instructions were given left and right for how to preorder yours from a proxy when preorder started. 

I do not see any issue at all. 

7 hours ago, eggy99 said:

just to remind everyone that this thread is dedicated to DX VF-1 releases, so it is most appreciated if we can keep on topic. :)

Nah, I think we'll talk about whatever we want to, thanks...:)

6 hours ago, F360 said:

by the way B))

The official release date for DX Chogokin VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayako Kakizaki) is 08-25-2020  

vf-1ak.PNG.7c09eef623c519d9bbf12c09e97b1718.PNG

Appreciate the heads up!

Since this is the first DX VF-1 that Bandai has done as a TWE, it will be interesting to see what happens to the price once it starts circulating in the secondary market. Will it hover near retail like the Max 1A because Hayao is a less popular character? Maybe, but the quantities will theoretically be lower than a mass market release, so that might increase its value. As others have said, here's hoping that we don't end up with another Kairos, both in terms of production issues and cost.

6 hours ago, myk said:

Nah, I think we'll talk about whatever we want to, thanks...:)

4 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

myman.gif.53b5286ca5babf4b790169c3fbdfc4fb.gif

14 hours ago, eggy99 said:

just to remind everyone that this thread is dedicated to DX VF-1 releases, so it is most appreciated if we can keep on topic. :)

LOL... no need to be a d$%&.  @eggy99 is right.  This thread has been getting ridiculously off topic since a few old timers decided to join the convo *cough*.   :)

But whatever, I just scroll past for the most part.  Or just troll you.  Whichever seems more fun at the moment.  A mod can step in whenever they want, and the beauty of this site is that it's loosely moderated.

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

the shipping is either soul draining or wallet crushing.

Why not both? :p

I wish they would at least give an estimate of shipping costs before placing the order.

When I put in my order for my Hikaru 1S from Mandarake, it took a few days before they came back with the shipping cost which was around $78.

Good thing I was only drinking water at the time. It would have been a hassle to clean off my monitor otherwise.

3 hours ago, chyll2 said:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1136428812&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

VF-1S Hikaru for 26000 yen. I want to get it but I am sure, the shipping is either soul draining or wallet crushing.

you can still get it from Amazon.jp for 29490 shipped to USA with DHL shipping.   The Amazon.jp total will be cheaper than the Mandarake Total.

12 hours ago, chyll2 said:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1136428812&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

VF-1S Hikaru for 26000 yen. I want to get it but I am sure, the shipping is either soul draining or wallet crushing.

Sorry my wallet got crushed instead of yours because I snatched the Hikaru in the link above from Manda:ph34r: Actually shipping wasn’t so bad, 4500 via EMS, for a grand total of 30500 yen. I would usually go with reg. SAL but considering how backed up our postal service has been due to pandemic, EMS was well worth it for its speed. Been looking for one at a reasonably inflated price and yes it does seem going price for one of these has come down a bit now.

66B10D08-0471-45CB-AD93-C7625E94FE58.jpeg