Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yep! Can you guess what’s in the even bigger box it’s sitting on?:D

Nice! Is that all your Macross or just what you have set aside there?

This is basically what i am selling. I have 4 piles around the house. What i am selling, what i am keeping, and unsure. 

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

This is basically what i am selling. I have 4 piles around the house. What i am selling, what i am keeping, and unsure. 

Selling? Well I’m interested in the Low Vis 1/48!

Edit: actually interested in the stealth full pack 1/48 and Yamato fold booster. 

Edited by Slave IV

Just now, Slave IV said:

Selling? Well I’m interested in the Low Vis 1/48!

Shoot, except for the low vis! So sorry!

The armored stealth under it is for sale though!

I wasn't planning on selling any of these, but the current covid situation, made me change my mind. i don't think i'd get mutch for the ver 1 1/60, but at least someone will display them properly. 

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, smart move not to sell that low vis. I’ll PM you about the other two. Thanks!

Yeah, that one i have transformed, and i carefully applied some stickers on it. I am still sad i could not buy Graham's back then. I would have two now :(

[EDIT IN] : What is the Falcon sitting on? 

So sorry gents, i didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to DX VF-1 news.

Edited by vlenhoff

35 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Yeah, that one i have transformed, and i carefully applied some stickers on it. I am still sad i could not buy Graham's back then. I would have two now :(

[EDIT IN] : What is the Falcon sitting on? 

So sorry gents, i didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to DX VF-1 news.

3 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Toys action figures. :D

What prize do I get? 

Kinda right @crackpot It's the Sail Barge.

Sorry about the detour, I will get some OT pics to share here someday soon hopefully.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Can you guess what’s in the even bigger box it’s sitting on?:D

I don't have to guess.  ^_^

557452072_79-bargehead-on.jpg.45f0885f5d0752c19dfec05a0afd66f3.jpg

35 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Back to DX VF-1 news.

Sorry, no DX VF-1 news today!  :p

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Yeah Maximum visibility indeed. My Macross kite sticker is actually just static, not glued. I do prefer it in the interior, as it is protected from the elements. Plus i do prefer how understated it is with the dark tint. I would def use one of your skull 001 stickers inside if it was inverted. Glued is ok, since i plan on keeping this car until it dies. Then i'll fit another boxer engine in there, and drive it some more. :crazy:

I don't think it would be too hard to remove the sticker if you needed to, but you definitely wouldn't be able to use it again. Sounds like there might be some interest in making these and maybe some other things. Wasn't my original plan, just trying to broaden my printing capabilities for some personal projects and thought putting a Skull Squadron logo on my car would be fun, but happy to help the MW community.

3 hours ago, burnout6 said:

I'm actually interested in a kite decal for the car. 

48 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Same, I would love some decals for the car.

Something like this? I could also bring back the SDF-1 silhouettes that a member made into window decals almost 20 years ago (can't recall who that was). Just found the same (or really similar) artwork online. Had the left one on my car for a long time. This vinyl cutter is just too much fun to play with--now that I know how to drive it. And there's apparently a rainbow of color options for the vinyl itself. (Realizing this is a bit OT...)

image.png.be96a60f027359d6c0779be9889e5649.png

image.png.49706d9f62c119a583acc9fc6a570e2e.png

Edited by Anasazi37

I'm still waiting for the Jolly Roger decal to dry and then dullcoat (thanks Anasazi37 !), but I don't recall seeing any pics of Hikaru's 1S with black heatshield/fastpack symbols. I know red is supposed to be official, but something about that black heatshield brings back those same feelings I had when I first laid eyes on the 1/55 strike valkyrie box art as a kid.

fE0mKT.jpg

gQiZw3.jpg

G0hGeC.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

13 hours ago, crackpot said:

Toys action figures. :D

What prize do I get? 

See i knew that was deceiving, and I thought about mentioning the barge, but I wasn't sure. Jabba's barge is so cool!

10 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I don't think it would be too hard to remove the sticker if you needed to, but you definitely wouldn't be able to use it again. Sounds like there might be some interest in making these and maybe some other things. Wasn't my original plan, just trying to broaden my printing capabilities for some personal projects and thought putting a Skull Squadron logo on my car would be fun, but happy to help the MW community.

I really like the skull 001 logo, but if i can use it inside [inverted or mirrored?] Since it is basically an outline, it wont block visibility on the right side rear triangular window. I for one, i am interested @Anasazi37. I also have an unused static kite sticker from back then, but i am afraid to let it go. 

13 hours ago, tekering said:

I don't have to guess.  ^_^

Sorry, no DX VF-1 news today!  :p

That DYRL Kakizaki looks great, but i want to keep it MAcross TV, and save some money. I did have to get the DX DYRL 1S Hikaru.... It is a soft spot of mine.

8 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Something like this? I could also bring back the SDF-1 silhouettes that a member made into window decals almost 20 years ago (can't recall who that was). Just found the same (or really similar) artwork online. Had the left one on my car for a long time. This vinyl cutter is just too much fun to play with--now that I know how to drive it. And there's apparently a rainbow of color options for the vinyl itself. (Realizing this is a bit OT...)

Ohh yes I really like the sdf-1 silhouettes.  I think personally for me I would like a red kite logo.  

10 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

image.png.be96a60f027359d6c0779be9889e5649.png

image.png.49706d9f62c119a583acc9fc6a570e2e.png

I’d get a 4-5”  attacker in blue

8 hours ago, borgified said:

@Anasazi37 - Are you sure that you're not going to get sued by HG for using the Kite Logo if their around and see it??  

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It is such a small private production run. I hope not.

My goal would be to help out a small number of fans, at the cost of materials and shipping. :D

10 hours ago, ghostryder said:

I'm still waiting for the Jolly Roger decal to dry and then dullcoat (thanks Anasazi37 !), but I don't recall seeing any pics of Hikaru's 1S with black heatshield/fastpack symbols. I know red is supposed to be official, but something about that black heatshield brings back those same feelings I had when I first laid eyes on the 1/55 strike valkyrie box art as a kid.

Is that your 1S with the skull already applied?

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I really like the skull 001 logo, but if i can use it inside [inverted or mirrored?] Since it is basically an outline, it wont block visibility on the right side rear triangular window. I for one, i am interested @Anasazi37. I also have an unused static kite sticker from back then, but i am afraid to let it go.

Mirroring wouldn't be hard. Would it work better for you if it was an outline (hollow) instead of solid?

3 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Ohh yes I really like the sdf-1 silhouettes.  I think personally for me I would like a red kite logo.  

I think it would be fun to bring those back. I'm trying to track down some other silhouettes that might be interesting. There are so many iconic images to choose from....

49 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I’d get a 4-5”  attacker in blue

That's a good size. The skull on my car is 4". Just large enough to be noticeable outside without creating a visibility issue inside. I can't even see it in my rearview mirror.

1 minute ago, vladykins said:

I do post pictures of all my stuff to FB is I have a record of what I have for insurance purposes

That's a good idea.  I have thousands of images on my hard drive, but only a YouTube video online... :mellow:

11 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Whenever my wife comments on the amount of toys I own, I show her the article on @tekering and that I aspire to his greatness.

I doubt your wife would appreciate my greatness any more than my wife does.  <_<

27 minutes ago, tekering said:

That's a good idea.  I have thousands of images on my hard drive, but only a YouTube video online... :mellow:

Yeah- the advantage of it being online is I know it won't be lost if my harddrive goes (or I lose my phone data if I took picts with my phone). Not a thought I relish, but something I keep in mind (especially since I have a lot of old games that are just lots of paper and cardboard).

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Mirroring wouldn't be hard. Would it work better for you if it was an outline (hollow) instead of solid?

No, that exact skull 001 you you applied on the window of your black car, just mirrored, so it can be applied from the inside. My current kite sticker is 4.45 inches in diameter. How wide is your sticker? If it is 4.45 inches wide in diameter, or less, it would be perfect. 

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

No, that exact skull 001 you you applied on the window of your black car, just mirrored, so it can be applied from the inside. My current kite sticker is 4.45 inches in diameter. How wide is your sticker? If it is 4.45 inches wide in diameter, or less, it would be perfect. 

Its current size is 4" high by 3" wide. That can easily be changed, larger or smaller, but the proportions would have to be maintained.

14 hours ago, ghostryder said:

fE0mKT.jpg

gQiZw3.jpg

G0hGeC.jpg

Was it easy to remove the canopy cover and paint it black?

14 hours ago, ghostryder said:

I'm still waiting for the Jolly Roger decal to dry and then dullcoat (thanks Anasazi37 !), but I don't recall seeing any pics of Hikaru's 1S with black heatshield/fastpack symbols. I know red is supposed to be official, but something about that black heatshield brings back those same feelings I had when I first laid eyes on the 1/55 strike valkyrie box art as a kid:

gQiZw3.jpg

Nice pics.

You might have missed it, but I posted my black-heatshield Hikaru-1S back on June-14 both here and in the scale-thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45206-bandai-dx-chogokin-148-vf-1/?do=findComment&comment=1528549

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35121-148fps-160fps-172-12k-13k1100-and-now-1144/?do=findComment&comment=1528550

hikaru1s-blk.jpg

:bump:

Edited by treatment

40 minutes ago, treatment said:

Nice! The glossy look is even more chunky-esque. Is that heatshield from a Yamato?

Edited by ghostryder