Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

5 minutes ago, crackpot said:

When did CDJ reopen? 

If I recall correctly, CD Japan briefly changed from sold out status or orderable about a week ago... a few days after the original PO madness date.

Update:  CD Japan's second listing was July 7.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 minutes ago, Los said:

Dang I missed it! May not be a fluke because the listing now shows 1 per person, not 20. :)

Maybe someone cancelled a big order.

Retailers won't allow more than 1 order of this on PO night or release day. Anybody trying to circumvent that risks getting all their orders cancelled. That 20 thing is just a default setting for HLJ.

4 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I just noticed that in the official photos of the Tamashii Features 2020 event, where the Super Set was unveiled, Bandai conveniently left atmospheric-helmet-Roy out of the cockpit:

66.jpg

Roy was purposely left out of the cockpit, because by the time the supers made their appearances in episode 24 (goodbye girl), hikaru had effectively taken over skull leader. In that episode the 1S with supers was codenamed booby duck.

This is why @Ignacio Ocamica highlighted that using the roy to display the iconic pairing of the supers and 1S was not as per TV macross.

And for bandai to go all the trouble of being TV accurate. Perhaps there will be another skull leader valk that would fully represent booby duck?

My only question is would that valk have hikaru's name or be a nameless valk.
In the goodbye girl episode, capt global mentioned to shammy to get hikaru to pilot it. Would he need to say that if hikaru was already the pilot? :unknw:

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Congrats everyone! Good looking out @Shizuka the Cat

:rofl:

I enjoy helping out MWF folk with pre-orders.  I missed out on helping out during the past couple of PO madness events, so hopefully this CDJapan relisting helps makes up for that a bit.

56 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

HLJ has cancelled orders before. I have a feeling this one will stick because it seems like they may have had a similar situation as CDJ recently and opened a batch for order. They probably reconciled their orders with stock they are expecting and found they were able to reopen. At least let’s hope so. My Hikaru 1S situation is probably a glitch because I know others who ordered around the same time had their orders cancelled and some fulfilled. I’m just going to leave it there and if they someday deliver, bonus for me!

Might also be that Bandai saw how well the Roy pre-orders went and upped the production count and gave retailers increased allotments.

26 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Roy was purposely left out of the cockpit, because by the time the supers made their appearances in episode 24 (goodbye girl), hikaru had effectively taken over skull leader. In that episode the 1S with supers was codenamed booby duck.

This is why @Ignacio Ocamica highlighted that using the roy to display the iconic pairing of the supers and 1S was not as per TV macross.

And for bandai to go all the trouble of being TV accurate. Perhaps there will be another skull leader valk that would fully represent booby duck?

My only question is would that valk have hikaru's name or be a nameless valk.
In the goodbye girl episode, capt global mentioned to shammy to get hikaru to pilot it. Would he need to say that if hikaru was already the pilot? :unknw:

Yes, that's true. They could have resolved the inconsistency by including a Hikaru figure with a helmet rigged for space flight. You could make the case that Hikaru left Roy's name on the canopy in honor of him.

I missed out too. Was away from the computer this evening until an hour after the news broke and didn't even think to check MW or HLJ until later than that. With any luck this may be as "limited" as HIkaru's 1J, meaning we'll have ample opportunity to order before release.

20 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

Missed out again. Wife wanted to take an afternoon walk. I have my name down at Frozen Figure Store, no deposit, I hope they come through. RM900, about $210.

I hope they will not cancel at the end. But chances to get delivery is very low. I wish you luck.

My name is on the waiting list too.

36 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Might also be that Bandai saw how well the Roy pre-orders went and upped the production count and gave retailers increased allotments.

Possible but somehow I doubt that. Will we ever know exactly how Bandai operates? Probably not. 

40 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m legit hoping someone wants to trade me pre order for the YF-29. I already have the VF-1S hikaru but I’m jumping on the hype train. Let me know if anyone is interested 

I'll take you up on this offer. Just PM me.

On 7/12/2020 at 1:07 PM, Anasazi37 said:

Wanted to give you all a sneak preview of the waterslide decal sheet I'm working on and ask if it's missing anything critical, based on what we know about past and upcoming DX releases. It currently contains:

• Pilot names for the canopy: 1st LT. Hikaru Ichijo, CPTN. Hikaru Ichijo, MAJ. Roy Focker, CPTN. Maximilian Jenius. They would be printed with and without the black background so you can either "paper over" the existing name on the canopy or apply a new one after carefully removing the existing name.
  • Modex numbers for the vertical stabilizer: 001, 011, 012, 013. I put all four on there based on the decal sheet that is supposed to come with the Hayao 1A. Again, they would be printed with and without the black background.
  • Skulls for the area behind the pilot
  • Ejection seat triangles
  • Skull for the heatshield

The markings are either an exact match to what Bandai is using (skulls, modex numbers, and ejection seat triangles) or in the same style (pilot names). Some of the markings are designed to support @RedComet's custom Roy and Max 1S projects (and anyone else wanting to make those customs using the Hikaru 1S). There are duplicates of everything in case mistakes are made during application, but if you're used to working with waterslide decals, you could potentially dress up 2-4 valks with one set.

preview2.jpg

awesome!!!

N-Y Sent my missiles set today. Decided to go by ferry since UPS for an extra ~$50 on missiles I ordered last November seems silly. I've waited this long. This is the second wave of missiles so I don't think they even held them up much. The Valkyrie will still be here when they arrive.

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I enjoy helping out MWF folk with pre-orders.  I missed out on helping out during the past couple of PO madness events, so hopefully this CDJapan relisting helps makes up for that a bit.

You shouldn't feel the need to make up for anything as you help out so much already.

On top of it all, you still helped out whilst your mum is sick and it's greatly appreciated (hope she's doing better btw).

well 11 days of battle and nin-nin is gone quiet saying is paypal, spoken to paypal and they say nin-nin has not authorised a refund, there for its now been escalated and will take up to 20 days to come to a conclusion

hope you do get your pre-orders with nin-nin but if you dont you wont get your money either 

need to put a review in trust pilot for them as they are the worst

24 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

well 11 days of battle and nin-nin is gone quiet saying is paypal, spoken to paypal and they say nin-nin has not authorised a refund, there for its now been escalated and will take up to 20 days to come to a conclusion

hope you do get your pre-orders with nin-nin but if you dont you wont get your money either 

need to put a review in trust pilot for them as they are the worst

Oh man... Sorry to hear that.  These kinds of disputes are a pain in the a**.  I have found that PayPal usually resolves in the buyer's favor, though.  This is worrisome to me since I have a PO with Nin-Nin on a Roy.  I should have went with NY instead.