Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

18 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

Dang. I'm afraid to ask because I have a previous dx and two ssp waiting there...I've been afraid to ask about upgrading to ups now my worst fears are confirmed.

It cost me 98.00 usd via ups to ship the 0D to New York.... it then cost me 85.00 usd to ship two SSP to New York. So for SSP, it cost me 27500 yen for 2 shipped to NY via UPS.  It came to around 135.00 per SSP shipped. A little cheaper then if I bought secondary market. But I wanted to secure them in hand cause NY be playing games lol

On 7/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, Pcfly said:

Anyone have (good or bad) buying experience from ToysOneJapan?

I've used them once...bought from them for the first time in late January of this year (a Hikaru DX VF-1S and a DX missile set).  No complaints from me...if I recall correctly, they shipped relatively quickly as I've had my items for a few months now.  They arrived in good shape.  

2 minutes ago, Toonz said:

received replied NY ticket to change and pay EMS shipping method for 2 sets of ssp

fingers crossed:hail:

Me too.  I went with "Ferry", lol!  ¥300 more for the boat.

I waited a year, I'm in no hurry

14 hours ago, obakesan said:

The other thing is, does Max have a big laser or what? Hahaha I was checking the landing gear and realised you have to move the laser to open the bay door, would it be like that if it was a real fighter? Lol

Yeah, it's unusually big. One MW member called the Max 1A a "narwhal valk" and ended up shortening the head laser. Carefully.

20 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

It's what most of us will probably pay on release day, anyway...

20 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

It's kind of funny to me now.  I am wondering if it will break 250.00 by mid next week.  Where do they keep getting their inventory from?  Is it cancelled orders or some other black magic sorcery?

Just now, dragontype said:

It's kind of funny to me now.  I am wondering if it will break 250.00 by mid next week.  Where do they keep getting their inventory from?  Is it cancelled orders or some other black magic sorcery?

Or they just hold some back.

1 minute ago, dragontype said:

From all the preorders at lower prices that they are going to cancel due to "not having enough stock".:lol:

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

From all the preorders at lower prices that they are going to cancel due to "not having enough stock".:lol:

So pulling a "Nippon Yasan" then huh?:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't control myself.........:p

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

So pulling a "Nippon Yasan" then huh?:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't control myself.........:p

No, they don't do that...They do this:

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nay, NY just holds off on shipping for so long you cancel your PO yourself, for store credit.

Hey, it could be a strategy. They have the integrity to not cancel your order with some BS excuse BUT they conveniently might take their time shipping so that people who are too impatient do it themselves and cancel. At that point it is fair game for them to charge whatever they can get for the cancelled items. Brilliant! 

Edited by Slave IV

ok .... so i'm admittedly newbish to the bandai 1/48 valk series of toys.  .... so let me get things straight.... the valk, fastpacks, and wing missile ordinance are all sold separately?  If so, is there any chance down the road these will sell altogether as one set?

Edited by Dax415

Just now, Dax415 said:

ok .... so i'm admittedly newbish to the bandai 1/48 valk series of toys.  .... so let me get things straight.... the valk, fastpacks, and wing missile ordinance are all sold separately?

Yup.  That's why IMO complaining about the price is irrelevant; if you get into the DX game prepare to spend...

1 minute ago, Dax415 said:

ok .... so i'm admittedly newbish to the bandai 1/48 valk series of toys.  .... so let me get things straight.... the valk, fastpacks, and wing missile ordinance are all sold separately?

yes 

2 minutes ago, Dax415 said:

ok .... so i'm admittedly newbish to the bandai 1/48 valk series of toys.  .... so let me get things straight.... the valk, fastpacks, and wing missile ordinance are all sold separately?  If so, is there any chance down the road these will sell altogether as one set?

True of the DYRL Strike/Super Parts and the so far released missile set with a mix of TV try-missile pods, Movie Micro-missile boxes and movie(and maybe also TV?) Yellow tip reaction missiles. The upcoming TV Super parts don't have the "Strike Cannon" but come with three red tipped reaction missiles.

32 minutes ago, dragontype said:

They most likely get it from another scalper. So you get double scalped so to speak. 

13 minutes ago, Dax415 said:

It's what is known as "Getting Bandai'd".:D

I'm officially part of the club! Arrived at my doorstep today after a weird 10 day handling time. First hands on, this thing is A M A Z I N G. I thought I understood the hype, but now I really understand. Cant wait for the super parts!

EDIT:
Realizing now how disheveled it is in this photo, but it's the only one I took that came out clear in the lighting

macross.jpg

Edited by Milk Krispy
update

4 minutes ago, Milk Krispy said:

I'm officially part of the club! Arrived at my doorstep today after a weird 10 day handling time. First hands on, this thing is A M A Z I N G. I thought I understood the hype, but now I really understand. Cant wait for the super parts!

macross.jpg

very pretty isn't?, I still have it in a box :D

image.png.e76a2fd0ae44f3723f98922fdb66a942.png

1 hour ago, Milk Krispy said:

EDIT:
Realizing now how disheveled it is in this photo, but it's the only one I took that came out clear in the lighting

macross.jpg

Congrats!!

Rewatching this amazing review:

@jenius relate the DX to the yamato 1/48 and cover a lot of fun details. Anyone that have not watch that please do.

Warning: watching his video is what cause me to spend so much money on these toys.

I am going to have to pass on DX missiles and fast packs for now. As long as I can complete the Vermillion squad, and a TV Roy, i am satisfied. As many others here, my Yammies still look fantastic, and I have all their Missiles, and fast packs, including multiple GBP armors. (some MIB new GBP armors may be on sale soon, as I believe i have too many of them)

Maybe if i get lucky and they re-release the DX missiles and FP again, I may order a set.

Edited by vlenhoff

22 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I am going to have to pass on DX missiles and fast packs for now. As long as I can complete the Vermillion squad, and a TV Roy, i am satisfied. As many others here, my Yammies still look fantastic, and I have all their Missiles, and fast packs, including multiple GBP armors. (some MIB new GBP armors may be on sale soon, as I believe i have too many of them)

Maybe if i get lucky and they re-release the DX missiles and FP again, I may order a set.

How can the squad be truly complete without their missiles? ^_^

Haha, just messing with you and I think one way to help justify your decision more is to think about how lame it is that the missiles have almost no clearance between them and the wings. 

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

How can the squad be truly complete without their missiles? ^_^

Haha, just messing with you and I think one way to help justify your decision more is to think about how lame it is that the missiles have almost no clearance between them and the wings. 

I agree! On the other hand, my current display has more than enough armed and fast packed valks, so a nice clean DX squad will not hurt.

I have more missiles, fast packs and armors than could've ever wished for. So I consider myself lucky.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Does anyone have any history/info on this image?

tumblr_lxmllnjkxL1r80d0so1_1280.jpg.fc2fcccabb83e7bc6e5cfd41e5137c52.jpg

Stuck in my mind for the longest time and probably compelled me to prefer the packs with kites over the strike packs...

Any macross historians?

Cool illustration. I’ve always been partial to super vs strike packs.

7 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Ha ha whatever you gotta tell yourself to get outa bed in the morning!

Just kidding! I loved the 1/48 Yamato’s. That’s what got me into this nightmare (besides this forum). I remember I searched macross and the forum came up. It was downhill from there for my wallet lol

Quick question: Are all items sold by Amzon Japan, new? I just saw a VF-1S Hikkie for ¥ 26,727.

Maybe Roy's release caused the price to go down? Is the item new? I could not see anything in the description, but compared to current prices, that's a steal IMHO. 

29,126 yen shipped to USA is pretty good IMHO.

(yes, i did try to order it in PO day, but it was a disaster)

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Ha ha whatever you gotta tell yourself to get outa bed in the morning!

Just kidding! I loved the 1/48 Yamato’s. That’s what got me into this nightmare (besides this forum). I remember I searched macross and the forum came up. It was downhill from there for my wallet lol

That’s how this forum works! Sucks ya in every time!

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Quick question: Are all items sold by Amzon Japan, new? I just saw a VF-1S Hikkie for ¥ 26,727.

There can be used products on there just like in the States or elsewhere