Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

30 minutes ago, Crossbones72 said:

I was up at 2 AM during the initial PO frenzy and struck out everywhere like most.  I was content with waiting to pick it up at release but bit the bullet and put down the $57 deposit at Mykombini this morning just in case.  I don't collect much in 1/48 but the VF-1S (Roy) is my favorite Valk and the one I was waiting for when the DX line started - plus it will look great with my Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Stealth. 

I actually did this with the Strike VF-1s Hikaru and the Yammie Stealth 1J Full Set and posted it in the Multiple Scales thread.

Duh! Forget to add the pic and one more to boot! 

DSC01738.thumb.jpg.8d0d57086c94b47ce48d9012770617aa.jpg

DSC01746.thumb.jpg.eb99e0b25f15cf46ec3b7fbf0946e85c.jpg

Edited by borgified

24 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I think 45 mins after the initially PO opened then got an email confirmation.

I hope AmiAmi doesn't cancel cause I heard that HLJ has done it before that they have to cut.

Amaimi is pretty good at keeping their pre order allotment.  While HLJ's really just seems to be theirs website fault whenever they oversold (only happen a couple of times) 

4 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

So, a little late to the game.......anyone know where you can still preorder the VF-1S Roy DX thats not $300?! aghhhhhhh :)

Sorry to say that your SOL as of now.

Get one during release date last week of October/first week of November on Manda/Amiami/Amazon.jp or any secondary stores. Give them a few days to get stock in and it will be widely available.

If you can't wait, try Evilbay and note that they will jack up the price maybe 3/4 times more.  

30 minutes ago, Pcfly said:

So, a little late to the game.......anyone know where you can still preorder the VF-1S Roy DX thats not $300?! aghhhhhhh :)

So for under $300 you have two options:

• Wait till release day, and hope the scalper price drops or there's extra MSRP stock available
  • Wait till after release day, and hope someone on the forums is willing to sell a spare at cost.

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just pretend it is the latest release from Arcadia...the 1/48 VF-1S V2 with an MSRP of 40,000 JPY, then click that "add to cart" button! :rolleyes:

Its can very well be priced around Arcadia’s premium finish rate .  Pre tampo , it even comes with display stands :D  .

4 hours ago, Crossbones72 said:

I was up at 2 AM during the initial PO frenzy and struck out everywhere like most.  I was content with waiting to pick it up at release but bit the bullet and put down the $57 deposit at Mykombini this morning just in case.  I don't collect much in 1/48 but the VF-1S (Roy) is my favorite Valk and the one I was waiting for when the DX line started - plus it will look great with my Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Stealth. 

You got to put a deposit? I had to pay all up front.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

I actually did this with the Strike VF-1s Hikaru and the Yammie Stealth 1J Full Set and posted it in the Multiple Scales thread.

Duh! Forget to add the pic and one more to boot! 

DSC01738.thumb.jpg.8d0d57086c94b47ce48d9012770617aa.jpg

DSC01746.thumb.jpg.eb99e0b25f15cf46ec3b7fbf0946e85c.jpg

That urban camo on the low vis 1A is spot on - it seems as though the colour scheme of the urban camo is really designed for the low vis in the first place!  Absolutely gorgeous.

38 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just pretend it is the latest release from Arcadia...the 1/48 VF-1S V2 with an MSRP of 40,000 JPY, then click that "add to cart" button! :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, F360 said:

Its can very well be priced around Arcadia’s premium finish rate .  Pre tampo , it even comes with display stands :D  .

But, but, but, every time I buy an Arcadia product I seriously question my life choices... 

2 hours ago, BinboOtaku said:

I went ahead and ordered from Nin-Nin. How bad off am I?

Same here, with the jacked-up price too.  Pure FOMO.  I'm hoping they don't cancel my PO later [and re-offer it online for an even higher sale price].  And if my order does go through, I’m hoping I get it in a timely manner AND in excellent condition.  Never ordered from them before.  AmiAmi's always been my first choice, but it was impossible for me to secure an order on release night.  Tempted to go for an order on NY, in case Nin-Nin screws me over.... worst case, I have two and later sell one of them. I just don’t think I’ll be able to get any on actual release day, and I think eBay prices will be about the same as what NY is listing right now. 

Edited by Jade20X

4 hours ago, Jade20X said:

Same here, with the jacked-up price too.  Pure FOMO.  I'm hoping they don't cancel my PO later [and re-offer it online for an even higher sale price].  And if my order does go through, I’m hoping I get it in a timely manner AND in excellent condition.  Never ordered from them before.  AmiAmi's always been my first choice, but it was impossible for me to secure an order on release night.  Tempted to go for an order on NY, in case Nin-Nin screws me over.... worst case, I have two and later sell one of them. I just don’t think I’ll be able to get any on actual release day, and I think eBay prices will be about the same as what NY is listing right now. 

I better get my Roy from Nin Nin, I already order the Super Parts from another website, it would be messed up if I get the Super Parts and no Roy

Edited by CzarAlko

Based on every single DX release in the time I've been collecting (since before Delta), the scalper prices will go down as we get closer to release.

So don't panic and buy at a markup people, just chill and worst case you can buy on release day or shortly thereafter for at worst what scalpers are asking now.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Based on every single DX release in the time I've been collecting (since before Delta), the scalper prices will go down as we get closer to release.

So don't panic and buy at a markup people, just chill and worst case you can buy on release day or shortly thereafter for at worst what scalpers are asking now.

Thanks for that bit of sanity!  I've been away for a week and a half at a cottage with my family (believe me I wasn't happy about it - my wife definitely doesn't understand!) so I'm way late to the party and after reading back 10pgs or so, I think I will have to be content with waiting till November in hopes of getting one (instead of paying 35K Y at NY) - I've never gotten one at release date before so this will be a new experience for me.  Any tips for that?

9 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Thanks for that bit of sanity!  I've been away for a week and a half at a cottage with my family (believe me I wasn't happy about it - my wife definitely doesn't understand!) so I'm way late to the party and after reading back 10pgs or so, I think I will have to be content with waiting till November in hopes of getting one (instead of paying 35K Y at NY) - I've never gotten one at release date before so this will be a new experience for me.  Any tips for that?

You definitely have a chance but to me it’s worse than preorder madness because you have to stalk almost all the sites all the time to hopefully catch an opening instead of just stalking them all on a set time or at least set date when you know preorders are opening.

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You definitely have a chance but to me it’s worse than preorder madness because you have to stalk almost all the sites all the time to hopefully catch an opening instead of just stalking them all on a set time or at least set date when you know preorders are opening.

Or just buy one from a desperate scalper off Amazon Japan closer to release, once the price starts falling again. Which it will. Happened with every DX VF-1 so far, aside from the 1J which wasn't scalped much to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Patience is a virtue. There will be more available. Don't pay these obscene scalper prices for something that's not even out yet. :acute:

Exactly.  Plenty of members here were able to snatch up a VF-1S hikky at decent prices at actual release.

On another note, it's pretty interesting that Nin-nin pulled an NY during this preorder madness as in incrementally jacking up the price whereas NY didn't even bother and just made the jump straight up to 35000 Y.

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Or just buy one from a desperate scalper off Amazon Japan closer to release, once the price starts falling again. Which it will. Happened with every DX VF-1 so far, aside from the 1J which wasn't scalped much to begin with.

There are definitely a lot of scenarios that could play out. I don’t remember for sure since I got my 1J preordered but I could swear I saw those were going for $300+ right off the bat after release. 

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There are definitely a lot of scenarios that could play out. I don’t remember for sure since I got my 1J preordered but I could swear I saw those were going for $300+ right off the bat after release. 

The 1J was a weird one, as it was relatively easy to pre-order, and then the price went sky-high after release.

Which is quite simply explained: it was a new line, lots of people already had 1/60 and 1/48 VF-1 figures from Yamato/Arcadia.

Only after it released and people were generally amazed with it did the price go up, and the follow-up 1/48 DX VF-1 figures get scalped to high heaven.

Apart from the 1J, the 1A and the 1S followed the same pattern as the VF-31 figures: pre-order sells out quickly, prices spike, but then prices come back down closer to release. For the 31 figures (and to a lesser extent the 1A) they were even available after release at MSRP for some time in several cases, despite massive scalping markups right after pre-orders sold out.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

It’s an interesting market for sure. I prefer not to worry about it and just get my preorders in, lol. If I don’t, it’s time to scramble with other resources including friends, this community and whatever to get it done. I need my crack! :D

Also, if you pay high scalper prices now, you are only encouraging scalpers to keep doing it, then the true fans like us will suffer from ridiculous high scalper prices in future releases. 

Just like internet trolls, same rule applies to scalpers, don’t feed them.