Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, RedComet said:

I can get you a set for $165 shipped. PM me if you are interested.

That's how much they cost on ebay.  I paid NY $107.97 total on pre-order, that I felt was steep too but at the time it was alright.

Edited by rocketblast

2 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

That's how much they cost on ebay.  I paid NY $107.97 total on pre-order, that I felt was steep too but at the time it was alright.

Saves you $10 in tax at any rate (which matters unless you are in Oregon). And I would ship it DHL, not slow boat. Just what I can get them for on yahoo auctions, so I offered :) No skin off my nose if you want to go the eBay route.

3 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Saves you $10 in tax at any rate (which matters unless you are in Oregon). And I would ship it DHL, not slow boat. Just what I can get them for on yahoo auctions, so I offered :) No skin off my nose if you want to go the eBay route.

That's true also that would be faster shipping than coming out of Japan.  PM sent

I see a lot of complaints about price and availability, but as far  as I'm concerned this is the golden age of Macross toy collecting.  

Were any of you guys around here or collecting Macross toys in the late 90's, and early millenium?  Now THERE was a time of misery when it came to collecting.  First of all, what was there to collect?  If you wanted a variable fighter there were two choices: Bandai and Takatoku, both of which were 1/55 scale "chunky monkeys" that are aesthetically hideous when compared to even a V1 Yamato.  

I remember scouring ebay for whatever 1/55 valkyrie's that I could.  The holy grails back then were the Bandai Strike Valkyrie, Super Ostrich and the 'Seeker.  Do any of you guys remember the prices back then, IF you could even find one to bid on?  Oh about $1200 or so, and that was just for the Bandai Strikes; I never got into the Ostrich and the 'Seeker because they were even more expensive and harder to find.  Hell I remember even missing a mortgage payment because I was so feverish trying to get a Bandai 'Strike that was MIB for about $1300. 

So yeah, these PO sessions suck because they're hard to succeed with and you've got unscrupulous sellers like NIN NIN marking things up by almost 100%, but try and remember that even at $500 for a Roy, you're getting a far SUPERIOR toy for a fraction of the cost of a much more simpler toy that cost that much more when there was virtually nothing to buy.  If you had shown me a DX 'Roy back in 1999 I would've sold my soul for it.  Today, you've got Yamato, Bandai, Arcadia, and even Toynami and the reissue '55s if that's your thing.  Ultimately everyone needs to lighten up; if you want these new generation toys you'll get it, and it won't be as hard to do so or nearly as expensive as it was for old-time collectors like me...

2 minutes ago, myk said:

I see a lot of complaints about price and availability, but as far  as I'm concerned this is the golden age of Macross toy collecting.  

Were any of you guys around here or collecting Macross toys in the late 90's, and early millenium?  Now THERE was a time of misery when it came to collecting.  First of all, what was there to collect?  If you wanted a variable fighter there were two choices: Bandai and Takatoku, both of which were 1/55 scale "chunky monkeys" that are aesthetically hideous when compared to even a V1 Yamato.  

I remember scouring ebay for whatever 1/55 valkyrie's that I could.  The holy grails back then were the Bandai Strike Valkyrie, Super Ostrich and the 'Seeker.  Do any of you guys remember the prices back then, IF you could even find one to bid on?  Oh about $1200 or so, and that was just for the Bandai Strikes; I never got into the Ostrich and the 'Seeker because they were even more expensive and harder to find.  Hell I remember even missing a mortgage payment because I was so feverish trying to get a Bandai 'Strike that was MIB for about $1300. 

So yeah, these PO sessions suck because they're hard to succeed with and you've got unscrupulous sellers like NIN NIN marking things up by almost 100%, but try and remember that even at $500 for a Roy, you're getting a far SUPERIOR toy for a fraction of the cost of a much more simpler toy that cost that much more when there was virtually nothing to buy.  If you had shown me a DX 'Roy back in 1999 I would've sold my soul for it.  Today, you've got Yamato, Bandai, Arcadia, and even Toynami and the reissue '55s if that's your thing.  Ultimately everyone needs to lighten up; if you want these new generation toys you'll get it, and it won't be as hard to do so or nearly as expensive as it was for old-time collectors like me...

I hear ya, but good lord $54.48 for shipping :(

I'm going to take a shot and see what NY will offer to get my strike packs shipped.  I might go for the ferry, honestly, but I'm mostly just curious what they will say.  The shipping I already paid was over $70 for EMS for some bonkers reason, considering my four pack sets should fit in the same box an average VF-31 or VF-1 DX comes in.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm going to take a shot and see what NY will offer to get my strike packs shipped.  I might go for the ferry, honestly, but I'm mostly just curious what they will say.  The shipping I already paid was over $70 for EMS for some bonkers reason, considering my four pack sets should fit in the same box an average VF-31 or VF-1 DX comes in.

I switched mine to ferry last week, but they haven't shipped it.  I just sent another note today asking if they would ship them out soon.

11 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

I switched mine to ferry last week, but they haven't shipped it.  I just sent another note today asking if they would ship them out soon.

Same here. I may poke them again soon. 

6 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

I bet they don’t have them yet and changing shipping won’t do anything...I’m just gonna wait it out at this point...it’s been over a year so I don’t have any choice :vava:

They owe me six sets so I kind of want something to happen lol

1 hour ago, myk said:

Wow lmao missing mortgage payment! You are die hard collector!

I remember those days. I have a Max and a Milia 1/55 Takatoku I bought on eBay with gun pod missiles still on tree and unused sticker sheet. I paid way for them individually than the highest TV Roy you can find now. I was single and had no responsibilities though.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

They owe me six sets so I kind of want something to happen lol

I ordered a few from NY and they never arrived. I submitted tickets last week requesting for refunds. These were processed yesterday and now I have a bunch of store credit at NY which I don’t know what to spend on...

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

AmiAmi go go go!

image.png.6e2181db76a2ac11c546f2927414e035.png

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-060557

(guessing someone cancelled?)

(Update: Just refreshed and it is out of stock again)

crap. Missed it. Thanks anyway, Shizuka. I appreciate the effort.

1. Anasazi37's decals are great quality. I vouch for his products. Very pleased to know he's still in our community.

2. Yeah, hunting for super-rare, expensive, old-time Macross stuff was an absolute bitch. I can see why some would consider this to be a Golden Age of Macross Collecting, honestly.

3. I missed DX TV Roy as well. If anyone is willing to part with one, I'd gladly buy it. Not counting on being able to score a preorder at this point.

Thanks everyone. I love this community.

I wish the strike part come with missile and display stand adaptor like the super parts.

How does one put a strike valk on the display stand anyway? Or is the adaptor only works for the limited edition display stand?

9 minutes ago, pablumatic said:

You just reminded me that I ordered mine there.

Should I give up on the NY order and try to find them elsewhere?

If you can't wait to have the strike part on your VF-1S hiki, I have a set for sale in the for sale forum. <end shameless plug>

A lot of people give up on NY. I really don't understand why they are having trouble getting stock for the strike parts. Did they totally over committed. I forget what price they are selling them for. Maybe it is impossible for them to source the item with the current price without make a loss.

NY had been bashed often enough, but I still find it really hard to understand how they can imagine it is ok to run a business this way.

Still, sometime, they are the only place that have item in stock, and I do use them when I feel like gamble.

Edited by kkx

5 minutes ago, kkx said:

If you can't wait to have the strike part on your VF-1S hiki, I have a set for sale in the for sale forum. <end shameless plug>

A lot of people give up on NY. I really don't understand why they are having trouble getting stock for the strike parts. Did they totally over committed. I forget what price they are selling them for. Maybe it is impossible for them to source the item with the current price without make a loss.

NY had been bashed often enough, but I still find it really hard to understand how they can imagine it is ok to run a business this way.

Still, sometime, they are the only place that have item in stock, and I do use them when I feel like gamble.

I thought the issue was that they just couldn't ship them due to the JP freeze, not because of a stock shortage.  Did they say something about not being able to fill orders?

3 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

I thought the issue was that they just couldn't ship them due to the JP freeze, not because of a stock shortage.  Did they say something about not being able to fill orders?

I submitted a ticket recently for the SSP and what they told me was that due to shipping that is y the delay.

I also submmited another ticket for a store credit that i suspect has expired as i cant seems to use it or find a place to input the code which they said can. This ticket till no has no reply

8 hours ago, lavinrac said:

Speaking of NY and Extra parts, have they received their Missile sets (June release) yet?

Wondering if i need to email them to get them in gear. It seems the polite mails are working for me. I dunno if that is a fluke or not.

June of last year right?  I'm still waiting too.  Shot them an email a few days ago, nothing so far.