Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I haven't been tracking Mandarake prices of the Yamato 1/48 GBP for a while, but it has come down to 10,000 yen apparently: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1142437633&ref=list&keyword=VF-1&lang=en

To keep this relevant to the thread, could this price drop be a sign that the Japanese market is expecting a Bandai DX GBP announcement in 2021??

I still think that the 1/48 Yamato GBP has its place in a collection with its sheer presence and heft, and the individual missiles.

And the urban camo version which will ensure I never take them down from display, even if it has yellowed a bit.   :)

82473358_10216067678189747_7155514118995181568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=OwYVerrKNMkAX93a6d8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=27f75cbd131ed30bb75434c902650c79&oe=5F2A6AFA

3 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Personally I feel that part of the issue is collectors buying 3 or 5 units when most of us can't even get one. That's like going for thirds at dinner when some people haven't even sat down yet LOL.

To be fair, these same people generally help post links that many of you on the board wouldn’t know otherwise per the many thank yous following those posts. 

Also, many of us supply our extras at cost to those who didn’t land. I landed multiples of YF-29 and have two spoken for by members here. There are so many lurkers that use the info posted here to land (as seen by the noobs on Roy PO night who created accounts just to tell us thanks they landed). Those are the people you all should complain about. And they’re the reason I don’t share all the little things I do to land multiples.

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

To be fair, these same people generally help post links that many of you on the board wouldn’t know otherwise per the many thank yous following those posts. 

Also, many of us supply our extras at cost to those who didn’t land. I landed multiples of YF-29 and have two spoken for by members here. There are so many lurkers that use the info posted here to land (as seen by the noobs on Roy PO night who created accounts just to tell us thanks they landed). Those are the people you all should complain about. And they’re the reason I don’t share all the little things I do to land multiples.

Exactly. I didn't even use the links posted here as I have multiple browsers open and refreshing constantly and putting in search terms for those that didn't have placeholders. When I got one, I would attempt to post the link but somebody had already done so.

However, there is also truth to others getting multiples with the intention of keeping them. Kinda sucks but I don't even bother asking. 

Edited by crackpot

13 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

I'm really hoping they do a DYRL Roy in the future and make it more available. On the "plus" side I may buy that Bandai YF-19 set since I aparently can't get a Roy.

That is going to be a bigger massacre!!!

DYRL Roy is even more popular.

I have a personal approach with these Bandai DX PO's. Only try to PO what I want and if I land a PO then all is good, if not, I pass, no mark up for me.

I was able to secure PO's for the 1J, the Hikaru 1S and now Roy's 1S all with AmiAmi.

Hikarus 1S is the one I really wanted and tha's been taken care of. So Roy's TV 1S is a bonus for me.

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Just curious but what exactly is wrong with a lurker getting a unit and then joining the forum to thank someone for the tip? Maybe I misunderstood? Are lurkers not allowed to buy figures?

Speaking from experience, I'm a new guy on this board and I'm afraid to post much because the "old boys club" on here are pretty harsh with new people. 

@RedComet scores multiples and works with a local artist to create unique weathering editions. Other guys buy multiples like DYRL VF-1S wrote to help their friends who don’t have easy access to this stuff and even to help members here and on other Macross forums who need to sleep through it. 

Although I won’t argue there is some classic scalper profiteering going on, I think most people who stick around the forum are legit. Roy is simply a high demand release. I think we are getting into some fuzzy territory if we start pointing fingers at other members because of their collection habits. Just be patient if you are still looking. It will work out. :friends:

Edited by technoblue

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

However, there is also truth to others getting multiples with the intention of keeping them. Kinda sucks but I don't even bother asking. 

Yeah I feel you there.  But I understand wanting 3 for the 3 modes. I don’t understand getting a crap ton to sit in boxes in storage but whatcha gonna do? To each their own. Capitalism and all.

2 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Just curious but what exactly is wrong with a lurker getting a unit and then joining the forum to thank someone for the tip? Maybe I misunderstood? Are lurkers not allowed to buy figures?

Speaking from experience, I'm a new guy on this board and I'm afraid to post much because the "old boys club" on here are pretty harsh with new people. 

Oh totally nothing wrong with it until you never hear from them again. So they come on the board to glean info, thank us and bounce. Info is given here to contribute to the community and help each other. It doesn’t work when it’s one-way. At a certain point it’s rude to take take take without contributing back.

You joined and contribute to convo. That’s awesome. And people just take awhile to warm up here. Keep hanging. 

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Honest question here.

Can anyone explain me the logic of showing TV Super Parts in a Tamashii event on a Roy TV VF-1S??????

I know Bandai shenanigans, been a MW member since 2000!

But why??? If it was Yamato doing this back in the day, there would have been angry fans with pitchforks waiting in line.

What's the point of marketing these Super Parts with Roy's VF-1 when they are only canon to Hikru's VF-1S??? They pay the Hoary Froating head toadvertise the DX but canon be damned!!!

I'm not judging anyone, we are all adults and we can do as we please with our hard earned money. But are these parts confirmation of a Hikaru VF-1S in the future????

It will get worse if indeed there is a hikkie vf-1s release, and it becomes a dreaded lottery thingy.
I felt bandai should have included the supers with each valk right from the start. Better a slightly more expensive DX than confusing the heck out of everyone..

like sh9000 mentioned, perhaps the supers can be used for a 1D or CF too? But this means another set of guesswork if there would be a 1D or CF...urrrghhhh.....

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

Personally I feel that part of the issue is collectors buying 3 or 5 units when most of us can't even get one. That's like going for thirds at dinner when some people haven't even sat down yet LOL.

Wonder what the percentages are of folks are getting multiples "just in case their other vendors cant deliver" :huh:

If bandai implements pay up front to their regular DX orders via ami/hlj...etc....and also on top of the allocated 1/2 per customer....would there be more to go around across the board to each customer?

but in the end, it boils down to whether bandai gives a damm..no skin off their back am sure. :mellow:

Edited by seti88

Personally I'm not concerned about a collector getting multiple copies, especially a MW member doing so. Those folks on a regular basis often "share the wealth" and I'm not going to come down on someone for managing to score multiples just because I had a hard time scoring one, especially when they share their awesome three-mode displays later. Part of the hobby sometimes is the hunt and not every hunt is successful. As for those lurkers using info but not sharing back to the community, well hopefully they get encouraged to join in more beyond just showing up to get toys.

But frakk scalpers.

59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Supers on the 1S don’t really bother me.

The only real differences between TV Roy 1S and Hikaru 1S are the pilot and the name in the canopy.

Which are pretty minor, and not even visible in Battroid.

Absolutely this.  I don't think I will be getting a TV Hikaru 1S when/if it gets made. 

For me it's already 99% accurate if I use the TV Hikaru in Roy's TV 1S with the super parts, and red tipped reaction missiles.

40 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Wonder what the percentages are of folks are getting multiples "just in case their other vendors cant deliver" :huh:

If bandai implements pay up front to their regular DX orders via ami/hlj...etc....and also on top of the allocated 1/2 per customer....would there be more to go around across the board to each customer?

but in the end, it boils down to whether bandai gives a damm..no skin off their back am sure. :mellow:

I get multiples to display in different modes and usually keep one MISB. 

I just like having them and would be fine paying up front.  I would still purchase 3-4 of every DX release.

That being said, I only managed to secure one copy on PO night.  I'll be hunting for a couple more units on release day.

31 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I didn't intend it that way, but it will probably work out that way. I secured two POs: one from Nin-Nin Game in their very first round and one from Amazon Japan. I know the second one is fine, but I now have serious doubts about the first one based on the experiences of other MW members and the fact that Nin-Nin did several more rounds during PO Madness with increasing prices. I currently represent little to no profit for them, so why not just cancel my order close to release day and relist it for a lot more? They've done that before and they risk little by alienating me. If they do honor my order, I'm giving it to another collector at cost. He's never secured a PO, so paying it forward is the least I can do for him. Many other MW members do the same thing.

BTW, it looks like AE just ran out of TV Super Parts. That didn't take long. Still available at NY, though. I placed an order with a second proxy early yesterday morning and they've yet to confirm or cancel the order. It's extremely frustrating, as I'm seeing other opportunities to get them come and go while I wait. I normally use FromJapan, but that seemed to be a lost cause within minutes of the PO window opening. I submitted my order with them before getting caught up on this thread, so quickly realized that it was a waste of time and just waited until they responded so I could cancel my order and move on. First time trying this other service. So far I'm not impressed.

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

I didn't intend it that way, but it will probably work out that way. I secured two POs: one from Nin-Nin Game in their very first round and one from Amazon Japan. I know the second one is fine, but I now have serious doubts about the first one based on the experiences of other MW members and the fact that Nin-Nin did several more rounds during PO Madness with increasing prices. I currently represent little to no profit for them, so why not just cancel my order close to release day and relist it for a lot more? They've done that before and they risk little by alienating me. If they do honor my order, I'm giving it to another collector at cost. He's never secured a PO, so paying it forward is the least I can do for him. Many other MW members do the same thing.

BTW, it looks like AE just ran out of TV Super Parts. That didn't take long. Still available at NY, though. I placed an order with a second proxy early yesterday morning and they've yet to confirm or cancel the order. It's extremely frustrating, as I'm seeing other opportunities to get them come and go while I wait. I normally use FromJapan, but that seemed to be a lost cause within minutes of the PO window opening. I submitted my order with them before getting caught up on this thread, so quickly realized that it was a waste of time and just waited until they responded so I could cancel my order and move on. First time trying this other service. So far I'm not impressed.

FromJapan was awesome the last few years I've used them.  In the recent months it's become harder to score Web Exclusives with them because FromJapan seems to have become a relatively popular proxy with limited bandai slots.

2 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

I understand that Bandai is only catering to the Japanese market but isn't the Japanese market hurting as well because there aren't enough units and lots of people from outside the country are buying them all up? Personally I think they should just make more available or try to fix the scalper bot issue. Maybe every site should use a captcha? I know that's not a popular opinion but it might slow down the scalper bots.

I don't think the locals would have supply issues as they would obviously have the biggest allocation of units. In Japan you have a lot of 'local' shop options (online or brick/mortar stores) so I would say there's sufficient supply. It's us outsiders who have a supply issue since we only have a handful of online shops that directly caters to us. Even for regular releases, I would assume that each shop would have a limited allocation from Bandai and since there are less shops catering to those outside Japan, this means a limited supply. Local shops in Japan on the other hand are plenty so Japan will get the bulk of the allocation.

49 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Absolutely this.  I don't think I will be getting a TV Hikaru 1S when/if it gets made. 

For me it's already 99% accurate if I use the TV Hikaru in Roy's TV 1S with the super parts, and red tipped reaction missiles.

While I’d be all about a proper TV Super VF-1S bundle, it’s very possible that I’ll have all the pieces in place already by the time Bandai gets around to it. Pilot from the 1J (or a possible 3D print) and super parts now on pre-order. All I need now is the valk itself, which may open up at some point later in the year.

7 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

While I’d be all about a proper TV Super VF-1S bundle, it’s very possible that I’ll have all the pieces in place already by the time Bandai gets around to it. Pilot from the 1J (or a possible 3D print) and super parts now on pre-order. All I need now is the valk itself, which may open up at some point later in the year.

They just have to make it a special weathering edition; problem solved!

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I haven't been tracking Mandarake prices of the Yamato 1/48 GBP for a while, but it has come down to 10,000 yen apparently: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1142437633&ref=list&keyword=VF-1&lang=en

To keep this relevant to the thread, could this price drop be a sign that the Japanese market is expecting a Bandai DX GBP announcement in 2021??

I still think that the 1/48 Yamato GBP has its place in a collection with its sheer presence and heft, and the individual missiles.

I was looking those the other day as I still have a yamato 1j, my last yamato, then I broke down and scooped up a DX VF1J .... help. Have I caught valk fever hahaha I think it was po withdrawal on Roy since I missed out on the hikaru 

17 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Completely agree. I didn't see a pilot name on the tv show. This is good enough for me! Heck maybe he would have left Roy's name on there in honor anyhow. Who knows. As far as pilot figure.. Sounds like a good excuse to convert a figure from a plastic model to tv Hikaru.. Or recast Roy and then make him a bit smaller.  Could be a fun little project.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Supers on the 1S don’t really bother me.

The only real differences between TV Roy 1S and Hikaru 1S are the pilot and the name in the canopy.

Which are pretty minor, and not even visible in Battroid.

Or you can take Hikaru out of your J (assuming you have one ) that's in Battroid and put him in the Roy if it's going to be in Fighter or Gerwalk.

I'm pretty sure that one of my Roy's is going to get Hikaru's name on the cockpit, a Hikaru from my J that is in Battriod and the Supers/red tips. Where I'm going to put it is another trick. My Hikaru shelf is DIALED.  And I would have to go bonkers to fill another Hikaru shelf up. It could be done though.:D

My poor Roy shelf is sparse by comparison. Not as many variants.

I think its awesome that people want and or can afford extras. I'm just saying it feels bad to read about it when you are empty handed LOL...just dont rub it in too much have mercy on the losers club.

I'll be watching the sales forum here once they start rolling in for sure. I've gotten a couple of items from there and appreciate forum members hooking up each other without making maximum profit. If I didnt have about $600 tied up for a year at NY on the last release I'd be pm'ing on that package deal in the sales forum for sure. Sadly I doubt I can get my money back so I just have to hope that someday they mail my stuff...It would be a cool christmas surprise!

2 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

On the first matter what DYRL-VF-1S said I think is spot on. It's a community. I have received a lot of help from other members here and I do whatever I can to pay that back. And as I gain more experience sometimes I get to pay it forward. This is by far my favorite board. The sense of community is strong.......especially for the inter-webs. I would like to think if all of us got together at a convention we would have a great time together.

As far as the second point, yeah, there is a little hazing. But IMO it's good matured. I think I can count the times I have seen someone out of line on one hand. On Facebook I can count that many in 5min. Try looking at the hazing as good natures "towel snapping". It's what you get when a bunch of guys (and a few ladies) that are comfortable with each other. You should hear how my mountain bike and weight lifting friends talk to each other. An outside observer would think we hate each other. It's the complete opposite. All off them would give you the shirt off their back.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Or you can take Hikaru out of your J (assuming you have one ) that's in Battroid and put him in the Roy if it's going to be in Fighter or Gerwalk.

I'm pretty sure that one of my Roy's is going to get Hikaru's name on the cockpit, a Hikaru from my J that is in Battriod and the Supers/red tips. Where I'm going to put it is another trick. My Hikaru shelf is DIALED.  And I would have to go bonkers to fill another Hikaru shelf up. It could be done though.:D

My poor Roy shelf is sparse by comparison. Not as many variants.

Yeah, I'm debating doing a pilot and canopy swap from one of my 1Js and leaving it in Battroid.

6 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

I think its awesome that people want and or can afford extras. I'm just saying it feels bad to read about it when you are empty handed LOL...just dont rub it in too much have mercy on the losers club.

If it makes you feel any better I have multiples of everything.......and I have never scored a PO. I've paid scalper pricing for all of them. Some not too marked up, others on the edge of "holy crap, why am I doing this?!?!"

I picked up three extra Hikaru S's just in case Bandai didn't release the Roy for a long time, or ever (a little paint makes them a Roy). Now that I have the three custom DYRL Roy's inbound (thanks @RedComet!) and secured three TV Roys I'll be putting some of the Hikaru S's up for sale. I'll sell them for exactly what I paid to a MW member. :good:

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

If it makes you feel any better I have multiples of everything.......and I have never scored a PO. I've paid scalper pricing for all of them. Some not too marked up, others on the edge of "holy crap, why am I doing this?!?!"

I picked up three extra Hikaru S's just in case Bandai didn't release the Roy for a long time, or ever (a little paint makes them a Roy). Now that I have the three custom DYRL Roy's inbound (thanks @RedComet!) and secured three TV Roys I'll be putting some of the Hikaru S's up for sale. I'll sell them for exactly what I paid to a MW member. :good:

Your DYRL Roys should get in the mail tomorrow (so not quite inbound yet) and if you want a good use of your Hikaru figures, we are doing DYRL Max next :D

Speaking of NY and Extra parts, have they received their Missile sets (June release) yet?

Wondering if i need to email them to get them in gear. It seems the polite mails are working for me. I dunno if that is a fluke or not.

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, I'm debating doing a pilot and canopy swap from one of my 1Js and leaving it in Battroid.

I was also thinking this... the 1J canopy has "SLT" (second lieutenant), was Hikaru first lieutenant when he gets Skull 001?

Edited by ghostryder
edit

12 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Speaking of NY and Extra parts, have they received their Missile sets (June release) yet?

Wondering if i need to email them to get them in gear. It seems the polite mails are working for me. I dunno if that is a fluke or not.

They've had them for a while, it seems like.

If you're in the US, they won't ship them to you unless you use their (expensive) UPS option.  EMS is detailed to the US, so it seems like they are not even bothering to ship those out yet.

Ferry might be an option, but I haven't seen anyone say they have had theirs shipped via ferry yet.

4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Honest question here.

Can anyone explain me the logic of showing TV Super Parts in a Tamashii event on a Roy TV VF-1S??????

I know Bandai shenanigans, been a MW member since 2000!

But why??? If it was Yamato doing this back in the day, there would have been angry fans with pitchforks waiting in line.

What's the point of marketing these Super Parts with Roy's VF-1 when they are only canon to Hikru's VF-1S??? They pay the Hoary Froating head toadvertise the DX but canon be damned!!!

I'm not judging anyone, we are all adults and we can do as we please with our hard earned money. But are these parts confirmation of a Hikaru VF-1S in the future????

My guess is that, in the TV show, Hikaru's VF-1S was also yellow.... not red like in the movie.

So, in that regard, it is indistinguishable from Roy's VF-1... except for maybe any pilot name painted right beneath the cockpit window on each side of the plane.

4 hours ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Updated links for VF-1S Roy & TV Super Parts as of 7/6/2020 9AM ET

VF-1S Roy:

31,490 - https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-bandai-dx-chogokin/37995-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

SOLD OUT -  https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/31609-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

SOLD OUT - https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

SOLD OUT - https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bans60502

SOLD OUT, may be available from other sellers only - https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-初回限定版VF-1S-ロイ・フォッカースペシャル-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dx+vf-1s&qid=1594042059&sr=8-1

SOLD OUT - http://www.anime-export.com/product/48144

SOLD OUT - https://www.plazajapan.com/4573102605023/

SOLD OUT - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10707343

SOLD OUT - https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-408176

SOLD OUT - https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-060557

TV Super Parts:

TWE Product Page (for ordering via proxy) - https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000146995/

10,800 - http://www.anime-export.com/product/48181

11,000 - https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/31626-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-tv-edition-vf-1.html

11,990 - https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-bandai-premium/38166-dx-chogokin-macross-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set-limited-edition.html

SOLD OUT - https://okini.land/en/21331-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-vf-1-tv-edition-bandai-spirits.html

SOLD OUT - https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/24222-macross-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-tv-edition-vf-1.html

*HUG*

(wipes away a tear)

I am so proud of you!

5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

They've had them for a while, it seems like.

If you're in the US, they won't ship them to you unless you use their (expensive) UPS option.  EMS is detailed to the US, so it seems like they are not even bothering to ship those out yet.

Ferry might be an option, but I haven't seen anyone say they have had theirs shipped via ferry yet.

hmm. I got DHL from them for my SSP a few weeks back. It was $40 but . eh. whatever. I'll email them. Thanks!!!

Edited by lavinrac
speeeeling