Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I seriously wish bandai would put in a 2 day pre-order window at least, for Macross DX chogokins.

Put in limit 1 or 2 per order and pay upfront to further deter scalpers if needed. 

*grumble grumble*

As someone else mentioned earlier, I really wish they adopted the Good Smile method.

Having a preorder window takes off so much stress and really helps deter scalpers.

The consequence of making toys easier to preorder and less scarce is the risk of shelf warmers AKA Yamato Macross toys and those were already dirt cheap compared to current prices and we still waited for sub ¥10K price sales. :(

1 minute ago, eggy99 said:

Cart jacked! Noooooo

Man, that sucks.  I was sure I wasn't gonna make it 'cause I had to create an account as a new customer.  It was probably an extra 30-45 seconds to do so, but that's an eternity in PO madness time.

1 minute ago, dafob said:

Man, that sucks.  I was sure I wasn't gonna make it 'cause I had to create an account as a new customer.  It was probably an extra 30-45 seconds to do so, but that's an eternity in PO madness time.

That's what I was doing - when I got to payment method it said they didn't have enough stock to cover the amount I ordered, which was one lol. So close

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

Congrats.

Thanks! 

So my next question: how reliable is Plaza Japan?  I've never ordered from there before and I don't recall seeing that store pop-up a whole lot in this thread.

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

It's amusing that N-Y's scalper price for Hikaru's movie 1S is 2500JPY less. I was expecting at least one more step with Roy before we hit the exosphere. Oh well.

me too, they are crazy

25 minutes ago, seti88 said:

If the consumer can’t experience the product, they will be accustomed to forget abt it. Or live without it so to speak.

Historically speaking I think Bandai has been getting the balance right. Their Macross DX releases never have shelf warmers and we’re all  still gaga about them. 

scarcity fuels desire. :(

I think a lot of people here are forgetting that bandai is taking care of its primary market, which is Japan.   They're not conducting these new releases and preorders for the sake of the rest of the planet.  If they did, you could be sure that it would go much easier, smoother.  Any talk about the brand drying because of westerners not being able to buy their products isn't an issue, because they're not focusing on the world, they're focusing on japan...

@myk

sad truth. Other items that are sold worldwide, I have no problem ordering it locally (and sometimes it is even cheaper than getting it from Japan, like Metal build and SOCs, etc). Put it simply, a worldwide product gets worldwide allocation.

Macross being only applicable to Japan due to copyrights issue, will only get Japan allocation.

edit: sad pricing on the supers. Ill take my chances on release date, hopefully, something comes up from Amazon JP

Edited by chyll2