Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, borgified said:

Pre-order madness strikes again and after the TV DX 1s Roy!! :vava: 

I'll say. I started my night trying to hunt down a DX Roy that was ballpark close to the pre-order prices I have seen, and ended up finding out about these TV parts and going on a goose chase for em.

2 minutes ago, Milk Krispy said:

I'll say. I started my night trying to hunt down a DX Roy that was ballpark close to the pre-order prices I have seen, and ended up finding out about these TV parts and going on a goose chase for em.

Yeah, I wanted to see how everyone did on their hunt for Roy...and I saw this.

This site costs me money...every time I try to stay away, it brings me back.

1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Thanks that worked, but they have a listing for the TV supers? Or did they hide it somehow?

Haven't seen it yet...

I've been checking Big In Japan ever since people here stated the Super Parts went up for pre-order on TWE.

2 minutes ago, drobo said:

Man this is becoming a habit..ok switching from Silvio to  George...

7 minutes ago, drobo said:

I was psychicly bullied into buying this stuff. About a year ago i encountered a "robotech" toynami 1/100 in a random geek theme shop, and decided i didnt have the cash for it at the time. I used to have one, but my old job stole it from me. I was never much impressed with the build quality, but nonetheless, i'm a macross fan since as long as i could remember, and just having some form of macross toy made me happy.

The point: fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, I'm tormented by recurring dreams that I'm searching through endless toy shops looking for any macross toy i can find just to have one, lol, but its a nightmare, i always have to leave the store empty handed. I decided enough is enough, and i have to finally pick up a good VF-1. Research lead me to find the dx would satiate all my desires and not fall apart like the toynami, and conveniently its all coming out pretty recently, which is cool.

Now im over 500 deep into my first real collectors pieces and i couldnt be happier. Hopefully the dreams stop.

Edited by Milk Krispy

Woke up to see this page lit and also an FB post showing the TV super parts announcement. Ordered from Okini land for the first time, but am not too worried about having to secure a second pack on Mandarake after release. 

Parts/Armors have the advantage of being much easier to produce than transforming valks, and so it’s much easier to support the potential demand. 

1 minute ago, Milk Krispy said:

I was psychicly bullied into buying this stuff. About a year ago i encountered a "robotech" toynami 1/100 in a random geek theme shop, and decided i didnt have the cash for it at the time. I used to have one, but my old job stole it from me. I was never much impressed with the build quality, but nonetheless, i'm a macross fan since as long as i could remember, and just having some form of macross toy made me happy.

The point: fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, I'm tormented by recurring dreams that I'm searching through endless toy shops looking for any macross toy i can find just to have one, lol, but its a nightmare, i always have to leave the store empty handed. I decided enough is enough, and i have to finally pick up a good VF-1. Research lead me to find the dx would satiate all my desires and not fall apart like the toynami, and conveniently its all coming out pretty recently, which is cool.

Now im over 500 deep into my first real collectors pieces and i couldnt be happier. Hopefully the dreams stop.

Damn, you don't play around

1 hour ago, drobo said:

I had to upgrade my shipping to UPS...but I finally got it.

I was part of the 1st pre-order group too.

I've just re-ordered with Nin-Nin at an elevated price. 

I guess I'll give N-Y a chance to respond to my ticket and either ask for a refund or resell them if they ever ship to cover my costs.

9 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Is okin pay now or pay later?

I think Okini Land sold out of their allocation already. 

but to answer your question they’re pay upfront. 

Edited by eggy99

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

Gonna sit this one out, Roy's is the only one I want, unless they make a Hikaru TV 1S. 

If it wasnt for Roy I probably never would've logged on to MW  again for the rest of my life lol...

Edited by myk

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow I look away for a handful of hours and boom lol

From Japan has a message indicating they are sold out. Placed an order at another proxy, fingers crossed!

Is that the only way to get this through a proxy. Hell I did de even know this was going for order today.

NY, BIJ, and AE typically carry web exclusives. There are a few other like kurama, nin nin and okiniland but I think a couple of those have sold out already. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

I almost slept through this one :lazy:

For those who missed the early bird orders, we’ll probably see more places put them up when Monday rolls around in Japan. It’s now 9PM, Sunday over there.

Edited by technoblue

1 minute ago, technoblue said:

I almost slept through this one :lazy:

For those who missed the early bird orders, we’ll probably see more places put them up when Monday rolls around in Japan. It’s now 9PM, Sunday over there.

I see that bandi website sti has them up so I guess you are right

38 minutes ago, moose said:

I see that bandi website sti has them up so I guess you are right

I do wish these Tamashii web exclusives worked like Goodsmile's pre-orders. Even limited run figmas and nendos that come with bonus items have a clear set order window. But Bandai fans the flames with their vague constraints:

• orders will close when we reach this magic number
  • no, we won't share the magic number
  • but if this is popular we may open additional runs 

I guess they know how to treat us addicts. :help:

Edited by technoblue

31 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

What's the point of "virtually unlimited" super parts when you have conscious dearth of valks? <_<

It’s just a dream, man. :cray:Bandai could make all of this easier if they wanted to, but I know how it is. Gundam is the favorite child.