Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Thing to remember about getting multiple packs of movie strike parts though... each set comes with a pair of red, blue, black, and green skull logos.  You can't possibly use them all.

That leaves a boatload of spares that you could either put kites on, or other custom squad logos.

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

Thing to remember about getting multiple packs of movie strike parts though... each set comes with a pair of red, blue, black, and green skull logos.  You can't possibly use them all.

That leaves a boatload of spares that you could either put kites on, or other custom squad logos.

Yup. And I can get consistent colors across from the white body to the greenish-blue super/strike packs since I'm just stopping at Hikaru's Valk for this scale. ;)

Popping in just to ask. What's the big diff between TV parts and DYRL parts other than trading missles for the gun?

Lastly, please help a bro out with a link for where to look for the pre order on this. After 10 years of wishing, i finally took the dive into a DYRL hikaru VF1S and I think the missles + strike parts would look superb on it, especially if I can find the set at a fair price. I can pay marked up prices for a figure, but have a much harder time doing it for accessories.

2 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

No interchangeable skull / UN kite but it does come with reaction missiles which is good for those who missed the missile set.

I'm confused.. how does it not come with the interchangeable kite?  I mean, if it only comes with the kite, ok, but there should be no skull logo on the TV packs.

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm confused.. how does it not come with the interchangeable kite?  I mean, if it only comes with the kite, ok, but there should be no skull logo on the TV packs.

Maybe they'll finally do a full-engine this time to compensate.

To contrast with the wtf-half-engine with the current DYRL FPs...

:bump:

Looks like that the super parts won't have the extra detail, that they showed when first introducing the VF-1J, otherwise they would have shown it off.

634e3f81.jpg.b208536a5faa553b0c152ad41e171c7e.jpg

08a4883a.jpg

Am I crazy, or was there a picture at one point on the side of the valk that said 'Roy Focker Special' in fancy script
Looking now I see Skull Leader

I guess I could have been dreaming it...not the first time
image.png.6f707c3b8c8a79642fce2f343544e378.png

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Am I crazy, or was there a picture at one point on the side of the valk that said 'Roy Focker Special' in fancy script
Looking now I see Skull Leader

I guess I could have been dreaming it...not the first time
image.png.6f707c3b8c8a79642fce2f343544e378.png

Roy died because the UN government was too cheap to install ejection seats in their valkyries.

Hmm. I don’t know if I need more super parts after buying 5 SS sets for the 3 valkyries I currently own... this is a hard sell after a crazy PO night that included Voltes V DX just the other day! I’m tapped out for the rest of the year. 

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Hmm. I don’t know if I need more super parts after buying 5 SS sets for the 3 valkyries I currently own... this is a hard sell after a crazy PO night that included Voltes V DX just the other day! I’m tapped out for the rest of the year. 

Just sell one of you unwanted organs to fund this.. ;)

Edit: Make sure that the other ones don't fail in the process. 

Edited by borgified