Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It's worth it to have one, honestly, they're fantastic figures.  Whether you care which one you have before getting your main target though gives you a few options.

I don't know which will be cheapest, but if you want a backup that could be repainted as Roy with minimal effort, now may be as good a time as any to grab a Hikaru 1S.

I was thinking of that, although Hikaru's 1J is pretty iconic...

With the suspension of many outbound countries from Japanpost, you will need to consider what alternative shipping service is offer and how much.

Shipping from some stores would be around $70-90 or more per dx Valk , unless you choose the slower shipping like Ferry (boat)

If you want a VF-1S Hikaru, Amazon japan have one for a pretty good price of JPY 29,490 with DHL shipping included  ($275 USD)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-劇場版VF-1S-約300mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07SH712YR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17G7OMYJGIB4X&dchild=1&keywords=dx超合金マクロス&qid=1593897863&sprefix=dx+%2Caps%2C511&sr=8-3

It's the one listed for ¥29,800 + ¥2,399 shipping  , Add it in cart and they will remove the sales tax  to 27,091 yen

amzjp.jpg.8a5cb0e5e9798a342b0d56feabcbf1f6.jpg

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Whoops... Kakizake's VF-1A was just a TWE....

And even that was hard to secure outside of Japan because most of the proxies hit their limit quickly, which is a new thing. We used to be able to relax if something was TWE, but not anymore. Maybe scalpers found them. Maybe Bandai is cracking down on proxies. Probably both. I ended up not being able to get a Hayao via proxy and refused to pay the scalper markups at AE and NY, so will wait for release day, but what about next time when it's something *everyone* will want? The first round of SSP sets sold out fast, and Bandai did do a second round, but we can't count on that. And I couldn't even secure second-round Missile sets through a proxy because they had reached their limits. Had to go with AE.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Happy 4th of July everyone!

If only pre-order madness had occurred today instead of yesterday, then I could have prepared this speech...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Macross toy collectors from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest pre-order madness in the history of Macross toy shopping. "Macross toy shopping." Those 3 words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by petty toy scalpers anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from shopping cart sniping and poor server performance. We are fighting for our right to shop. To spend lots of money on a hobby. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go pre-orderless at the end of the night!" We will not have our shopping cart item vanish without a fight! We're going to succeed! We're going to choose EMS or DHL shipping! Today we celebrate our DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy pre-order madness day!"

Oh well... missed opportunities...

Well said! My wife is watching Independence Day in the next room (family tradition on July 4th), so your speech has particular resonance right now. And a soundtrack. :)

5 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's Hikaru's Super VF-1S. Roy ate pineapple salad before the Packs were operational ;)

RIP :angel:

4 hours ago, jenius said:

DYRL Max seems like a much better bet for "next DX".

Totally...an A variant.  

Edited by Draykov

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Happy 4th of July everyone!

If only pre-order madness had occurred today instead of yesterday, then I could have prepared this speech...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Macross toy collectors from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest pre-order madness in the history of Macross toy shopping. "Macross toy shopping." Those 3 words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by petty toy scalpers anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from shopping cart sniping and poor server performance. We are fighting for our right to shop. To spend lots of money on a hobby. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go pre-orderless at the end of the night!" We will not have our shopping cart item vanish without a fight! We're going to succeed! We're going to choose EMS or DHL shipping! Today we celebrate our DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy pre-order madness day!"

Oh well... missed opportunities...

Very nice!  Well played!

I read that whole thing with Bill Pullman's voice in my head.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

With the suspension of many outbound countries from Japanpost, you will need to consider what alternative shipping service is offer and how much.

Shipping from some stores would be around $70-90 or more per dx Valk , unless you choose the slower shipping like Ferry (boat)

If you want a VF-1S Hikaru, Amazon japan have one for a pretty good price of JPY 29,490 with DHL shipping included  ($275 USD)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-劇場版VF-1S-約300mm-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B07SH712YR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17G7OMYJGIB4X&dchild=1&keywords=dx超合金マクロス&qid=1593897863&sprefix=dx+%2Caps%2C511&sr=8-3

It's the one listed for ¥29,800 + ¥2,399 shipping  , Add it in cart and they will remove the sales tax  to 27,091 yen

Thanks, will go that route, just got to get my financial ducks in a row first. 

Yeah, Hikaru's 1J is basically the -other- stupid iconic VF-1, and if I had to pare my collection down to two, it would be that one and Roy's.

In my case, the 1J counts as a real life version of "first girl wins," because my very first VF-1 was a 1/200 Nichimo kit (under the Testors label) of Hikaru's 1J in fighter mode, which I got in maybe 1987.  I had no idea it even was supposed to transform, until the late 90s when I realized that my Matchbox Joke Machine Millia was actually supposed to be the same plane. :lol: 

My current impression would be that the 1J will be re-released around the time the GBP-1 comes out though, so Hikaru's 1S might be a better target for now.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

I got it. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, Hikaru's 1J is basically the -other- stupid iconic VF-1, and if I had to pare my collection down to two, it would be that one and Roy's.

In my case, the 1J counts as a real life version of "first girl wins," because my very first VF-1 was a 1/200 Nichimo kit (under the Testors label) of Hikaru's 1J in fighter mode, which I got in maybe 1987.  I had no idea it even was supposed to transform, until the late 90s when I realized that my Matchbox Joke Machine Millia was actually supposed to be the same plane. :lol: 

My current impression would be that the 1J will be re-released around the time the GBP-1 comes out though, so Hikaru's 1S might be a better target for now.

Agreed. 

7 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Roy's VF-1S TV

https://sp.tamashii.jp/item/13309/

And I think you would also like the voltes v over on the soul of chogokin thread!

I was also too late on the Voltes V. I ended up PO'ing today at AmazonJP. Can't do pay upfront at Nin-Nin for now. I'm just glad I get to PO one at times like this. ^_^ 

35 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok ok. What did I miss from the last 2 months? :ph34r:

Hey, @no3Ljm. Welcome back!

There's also a "full set" reissue of Alto's YF-29 coming out in October, which includes the super parts and some fixes.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43216-dx-chogokin-yf-29-alto-durandal-valkyrie-reissue/?do=findComment&comment=1527191

Edited by technoblue

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok ok. What did I miss from the last 2 months? :ph34r:

Oh just a bit of aggravated/frustration of wanting something and then unable to get it via PO. You sure you want to be back? :lol::lol:

Been using this lately..Welcome back noel! :good:

21 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Question: Did Hikaru pilot a VF-1s in the TV? (I Dont think so - please dont bash me lol)

Yes. Episode 18 "Pineapple Salad" is when everything changes. After Roy is fatally wounded, Hikaru becomes Skull Leader and then later begins piloting the VF-1S.

Edited by technoblue

16 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Question: Did Hikaru pilot a VF-1s in the TV? (I Dont think so - please dont bash me lol)

Hikaru began piloting the VF-1S with Super Parts starting in episode 24.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

I really enjoyed the show more than the movie but I like designs of the movie a tiny bit more. I’m going to be eating my words when the armor parts are shown. With P-Bandai smoke missiles parts. Then a P-Bandai missiles to go with the armor parts

30 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Proof at 0:34.

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Oh just a bit of aggravated/frustration of wanting something and then unable to get it via PO. You sure you want to be back? :lol::lol:

Been using this lately..Welcome back noel! :good:

Thanks Seti! It's what I actually felt when I saw that Voltes V were already sold out from our trusted online shop. So I panic and placed an order via AmazonJP. :lol:

12 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Here's another angle of the Tamashii Nations display with a clearer view of the super VF-1.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.23.07 PM.png

So you guys think that it's going to be a TV Super Pack set that comes with red tip Reaction Missiles and probably a Hikaru figure?

Edited by no3Ljm

17 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Here's another angle of the Tamashii Nations display with a clearer view of the super VF-1.

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 11.23.07 PM.png

sdf-macross-episode-27-remastered-galaxy

I would hope we get a websclusive Super VF-1S Hikaru combo set.......I would prefer to "assume the position" than go through another round of hell

BTW....Will this be the first ever "proper" PT toy of a TV Super VF-1S Hikaru set released by a Japanese company?

Edited by jvmacross

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I would hope we get a websclusive Super VF-1S Hikaru combo set.......I would prefer to "assume the position" than go through another round of hell

Web exclusives are no longer easy purchases, what with proxies reaching order limit so quickly.