Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 minutes ago, myk said:

I will say that there are SOME exceptions to the idea of ultimately being able to find a highly desirable item at some point after release, the Nintendo Switch being one of them.  How long has that console been for sale?  Believe it or not, I have NEVER seen a nintendo switch for sale in a retail store EVER.  That thing is years old and continues to fly off of the shelves.  The '1S roy?  You'll find it, dont worry about it...

The problem with that analogy is that the nintendo switch while having limited editions, is a mass market item that eventually production will catch up with demand, while the Roy VF-1S is a limited item, which who knows when bandai is going to reissue.

That said, I do agree that on release there will be a flood of them available. I mean look at hikkie’s VF-1S, its still available at some place even now and not for a lot more than msrp. So for those that absolutely need one, be paitient and wait till nov when its release, unless you are like me and only want one at msrp, then still wait till nov, some shop like amiami and hlj might have a few near to release as scalpers panic and cancel their orders due to lower than expected demand

Edited by Guyffon

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Tune in next month for the VF-1S Hikaru TV Version PO madness!

5 hours ago, eggy99 said:

I’m betting they would do Hikaru 1S with Supers as a TWE. Great for all of us! 

Based on the timing with Roy’s 1S, as well as the potential lower appeal of the combo, I think TWE would make more sense. I’d personally love it, since this is my ultimate DX wish, and it’d eliminate the madness part.

From a canon standpoint, I think would it also make sense for Bandai to just release the TV supers with the valks that wore them. M&M will need to be included with the valk due to unique coloring, and the only other valk that wore them in the show besides the 1S is the CF, which who knows if Bandai would ever make.

At the same time, this goes against their habit of giving us things in piece meal...

10 hours ago, levzloi said:

Max and Milia traditionally have custom super parts, IE red and blue, not the standard color worn by Hikaru and all the CFs.

Yeah, that worries me a little. If you look at the HMR releases for Max and Milia, they have the color-matched super parts, so the probability is high that they'll go the same direction with the DX line, but we've yet to see any "gift set" releases by Bandai where everything is included. My money is on them continuing what they've done for Frontier and Delta, where everything is sold separately (the recent YF-29 Full Set Pack being the exception). Sure would be nice to get "full set" Max and Milia releases, though. Same with a grey goggle GBP.

Buying accessories like these in an attempt to anticipate what Bandai may or may not do with future valk releases is frustrating....

1 minute ago, HardlyNever said:

Bandai: Puts TV Roy up for pre-order

Also Bandai: Reveals TV Hikaru with super parts at event a few days after pre-order

Is that something they would do? I think the answer is yes.

I hope they should be like you said and I believe they would do it but I think they gonna try to sell the super parts separated to all the people who already reach the PO for Roy VF-1S too

20 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Bandai: Puts TV Roy up for pre-order

Also Bandai: Reveals TV Hikaru with super parts at event a few days after pre-order

Is that something they would do? I think the answer is yes.

I have no problem with this lol

Make it a web exclusive Bandai!

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

TV Fast Packs, and it's definitely in fighter mode on it's own stand. Highly doubt it's Roy's, most likely it's TV Hikaru's VF-1S, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was sold as a complete set, but I could be wrong.

2020-07-04_09-39-52.png.952770c6700d3ab6bb57a9ac5de8bca4.png

It appears to be a black wing stripe and a yellow stripe on the leg fin so doesn't that just make the valk another TV Roy underneath?

Just now, Navtek said:

It appears to be a black wing stripe and a yellow stripe on the leg fin so doesn't that just make the valk another TV Roy underneath?

It's Hikaru's Super VF-1S. Roy ate pineapple salad before the Packs were operational ;)

11 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

It's Hikaru's Super VF-1S. Roy ate pineapple salad before the Packs were operational ;)

3 minutes ago, Navtek said:

Concur wholeheartedly with your view of the canon.:good:

But did he eat it? It was being prepared, he was playing guitar and then died. Forensics supports this. He in fact did NOT eat pineapple salad.

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

But did he eat it? It was being prepared, he was playing guitar and then died. Forensics supports this. He in fact did NOT eat pineapple salad.

The pineapple salad ate him!:shok:

15 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So many questions! Call in Dr. Michael Baden!

As canonically wrong as it is, the simplest and most likely answer is that it's just a TV Roy wearing TV Super Parts with the TV Super Parts being the big announcement. I would love for a TV HIkaru 1S to be announced also but I'd be surprised if it happened. DYRL Max seems like a much better bet for "next DX".

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So let’s say it was TWE for a Super VF-1S bundle. What might the price be? Maybe around ¥25,000? Surely less than ¥30,000.

1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

I'd say between ¥25,000 and ¥30,000.

Yeah.  Defintely TWE.  Your pricing estimates are about right.

For the FPs and red-tipped missiles only, tho.  Will not even contain the Hikaru pilot.

DX Hikaru-1S valk sold separately. With the Hikaru pilot, hopefully.

This is Bandai, afterall...

:touche:

:bump:

54 minutes ago, jenius said:

As canonically wrong as it is, the simplest and most likely answer is that it's just a TV Roy wearing TV Super Parts with the TV Super Parts being the big announcement. I would love for a TV HIkaru 1S to be announced also but I'd be surprised if it happened. DYRL Max seems like a much better bet for "next DX".

Yeah, I think it's going to be just the TV Super Parts box, no 1S included... I don't think they will ever release a VF-1 in any shape or form as TWE, only accessories for it. So far they did the Missiles and DYRL SSPs. The GBP parts might be after this. Now, do I wish they did TWE VF-1s? hell yeah, general releases are a nightmare for any one of them.

Does anyone know if they did full TWE models for other VFs? Aren't those also accessories too?

2 minutes ago, sixtybucks said:

Yeah, I think it's going to be just the TV Super Parts box, no 1S included... I don't think they will ever release a VF-1 in any shape or form as TWE, only accessories for it. So far they did the Missiles and DYRL SSPs. The GBP parts might be after this. Now, do I wish they did TWE VF-1s? hell yeah, general releases are a nightmare for any one of them.

Does anyone know if they did full TWE models for other VFs? Aren't those also accessories too?

Whoops... Kakizake's VF-1A was just a TWE....

Once I get my finances in order for this month, I might actually look into getting one of the other DX valks, not sure which one. Yeah, I know, I've held out this long for Roy's, but I'm getting tempted to have one in hand before then, lol. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

Happy 4th of July everyone!

If only pre-order madness had occurred today instead of yesterday, then I could have prepared this speech...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Macross toy collectors from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest pre-order madness in the history of Macross toy shopping. "Macross toy shopping." Those 3 words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by petty toy scalpers anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from shopping cart sniping and poor server performance. We are fighting for our right to shop. To spend lots of money on a hobby. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go pre-orderless at the end of the night!" We will not have our shopping cart item vanish without a fight! We're going to succeed! We're going to choose EMS or DHL shipping! Today we celebrate our DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy pre-order madness day!"

Oh well... missed opportunities...

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Happy 4th of July everyone!

If only pre-order madness had occurred today instead of yesterday, then I could have prepared this speech...

"Good morning. In less than an hour, Macross toy collectors from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest pre-order madness in the history of Macross toy shopping. "Macross toy shopping." Those 3 words should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by petty toy scalpers anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from shopping cart sniping and poor server performance. We are fighting for our right to shop. To spend lots of money on a hobby. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go pre-orderless at the end of the night!" We will not have our shopping cart item vanish without a fight! We're going to succeed! We're going to choose EMS or DHL shipping! Today we celebrate our DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy pre-order madness day!"

Oh well... missed opportunities...

and then my chances along with the servers across the globe

BareHonoredApe-max-1mb.gif.5f251f607c2237c1289b34ae4146858c.gif

3 hours ago, jenius said:

That sounds about right.  Looks like the norm for Bandai

Post something up for preorder (high demand item, sells out quick) 

Then at the next closest event, Post a Option sets and upgrade parts for the same Item that just open preorder and is already sold out. 

Push demand for already sold out item even higher. :drinks:

TWE TV Super Parts with Missile for $12000 yen  (might or might not include extra TV Hikaru pilot)

Edited by F360

2 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

Once I get my finances in order for this month, I might actually look into getting one of the other DX valks, not sure which one. Yeah, I know, I've held out this long for Roy's, but I'm getting tempted to have one in hand before then, lol. 

It's worth it to have one, honestly, they're fantastic figures.  Whether you care which one you have before getting your main target though gives you a few options.

I don't know which will be cheapest, but if you want a backup that could be repainted as Roy with minimal effort, now may be as good a time as any to grab a Hikaru 1S.