Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Are you referring to yourself?

Nope.. Just giving a hard dose of reality that I see from time to time.

If one thinks negatively, then your whole world will spiral downhill quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Of course!! That's why I put the smile!!

Never lose perspective, it's just plastic toys we're talking about ;)

I agree. It's not the end of the world just yet. There's always the brighter side at the edge of the tunnel. :yahoo:

Well, if it hasn't already been stated (and forgive me if that's the case), there is some silver lining here.  

1) Nin-Nin seems to have some available (albeit, at a price that continually inflated over the course of the night so quickly that one cart screw-up on my part ended up costing me almost an extra $50 over the course of several minutes)

2) Mandarake will have a few...I know it's a high demand item, but some will materialize

3) I might be naive, but this has been referred to as "first limited edition" which I think was similar to Hikaru's J model that also came with a stand.  I'm not as familiar with Bandai's shenanigans as a lot of folks here, but I'd bet dollars to donuts these will be re-released in some way at some point.  

4) I never did see them available at Okini Land, at least not between 2 and 3AM CDT early this morning and not anytime since then that I've checked...we might yet be surprised

Edited by Draykov

I got mine thru nin-nin, for 254 plus shipping, ended up being 279, i made the mistake of paying with a credit card instead of paypal, which only gives me 60 days for transaction protection

Idk if im screwed or not, reading here people dont have too much faith in nin-nin and this is my first order with them, and my first PO night, and what a night, not doing this again...unless we see a VF-1D or Elintseeker

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Heh. I stop checking these forums regularly for around 2 weeks and seems that's all it took for the Focker type to be announced, made available for preorder, and completely miss the boat. Hopefully it's still possible to acquire one of these later down the road.

Oddly enough, I don't feel that bummed by it.

Don't feel too bummed out. With Hikaru's VF-1S, I missed out on the pre-order, but I just checked the listing on release day and the day after and I was able to snag one from HLJ.  There will be some available on or just after release for retail or close to. Just don't give in to the scalpers. I have been in this game for 20 years (Did I just say that?) and the one thing I have learned is to be patient with these releases. It is much harder now than it ever was but don't lose faith.

The only DX I was ever able to pre-order before last night was the VF-1J. I consider it complete blind luck that I was able to get a pre-order in for Fokker this morning. Then I had to go to work with three hours sleep. Thank you coffee for helping me through the day.

Edited by North of 49

10 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

I got mine thru nin-nin, for 254 plus shipping, ended up being 279, i made the mistake of paying with a credit card instead of paypal, which only gives me 60 days for transaction protection

Idk if im screwed or not, reading here people dont have too much faith in nin-nin and this is my first order with them, and my first PO night, and what a night, not doing this again...unless we see a VF-1D or Elintseeker

Same - I tried credit card first when it was under $200 and thought I had scored, but there was a problem.  They were available intermittently, each time at a price hike.  I managed to get another attempt in with PayPal at $225.29 + shipping.  

This will be my second order with Nin-Nin.  My first was placed in February and I still haven't received the merch, but that's largely because the in-stock HMR I ordered was paired with a set of missiles for the DX (the 2nd release - a pre-order at the time).  And then there is the pandemic.  None of these places have blown me away with their delivery times save Mandarake and that was before DHL Japan Post (misspoke) banned the US.  So, have faith...

I have a mint invested in Nippon-Yasan orders going back to February that still haven't shipped.  :unknw:

Edited by Draykov
Incorrectly referenced DHL as not shipping to US, meant Japan Post

3 minutes ago, North of 49 said:

Don't feel too bummed out. With Hikaru's VF-1S, I missed out on the pre-order, but I just checked the listing on release day and the day after and I was able to snag one from HLJ.  There will be some available on or just after release for retail or close to. Just don't give in to the scalpers. I have been in this game for 20 years (Did I just say that?) and the one thing I have learned is to be patient with these releases. It is much harder now than it ever was but don't lose faith.

Indeed. If these go like the general release Hikaru Valkyries or Max's 1A, then the usual suspects should open additional pre-order slots as time goes by.

2 minutes ago, Draykov said:

...... times save Mandarake and that was before DHL banned the US.  So, have faith...

When did this happen? I literally got something from Mandy to by DHL today.

Edited by sqidd

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When did this happen? I literally got something from Mandy to by DHL today.

My bad...I meant Japan Post, not DHL.  If you're willing to pay a premium at Mandy for DHL, that shiz shows up the same week. 

Edited by Draykov

Honestly, guys.

Try not to oversweat it nor succumbed to the scalpers/scalper-pricing coz you didn't get a po with the Roy-TV.

Really think this DX Roy TV-1S will be available aplenty after release-date and at msrp or below, just like the DX Max-1A and the DX VF-31E Chuck.

2 minutes ago, treatment said:

Honestly, guys.

Try not to oversweat it nor succumbed to the scalpers/scalper-pricing coz you didn't get a po with the Roy-TV.

Really think this DX Roy TV-1S will be available aplenty after release-date and at msrp or below, just like the DX Max-1A and the DX VF-31E Chuck.

I was bummed because I was up all night and into the morning, and this is the first pre-order where I did that and came away empty handed. It sucks being on that side of it, plain and simple. All that is water under the bridge, though, today. You're right @treatment. More opportinities to pick up Roy's 1S will come.

My mantra now is not to give in to FOMO.;)

5 minutes ago, technoblue said:

DHL does have US restrictions on shipments out of Germany, though. These apply only to the lower tier parcel services and not DHL Premium or DHL Express

https://www.dhl.de/coronavirus-en#usa

Regular DHL from Germany is/works with their postal service hence the restrictions as they will utilize commercial flights for shipping.

FWIW it looks like the Roy madness has made the Hikaru 1S cheaper than it has been in months (maybe they were hoarding to turn them into Roys later ;)) At any rate there are TWO brand new ones on Yahoo auctions right now for 26,000 yen buy it now. Here's the link to one. (If you want I could even turn it into a DYRL Roy or Max for youB))).

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s753874471

11 minutes ago, treatment said:

Honestly, guys.

I hope so at this point it is sold out everywhere. So all we can do is wait and see even for a bit of a mark up that would be fine.  I am do sick of this crap its only Bandi that macross that does this and if it was no ot for the fact I wanted to complete my tv valks I would not give a dam .since they are all basicly repaints .

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

FWIW it looks like the Roy madness has made the Hikaru 1S cheaper than it has been in months (maybe they were hoarding to turn them into Roys later ;)) At any rate there are TWO brand new ones on Yahoo auctions right now for 26,000 yen buy it now. Here's the link to one. (If you want I could even turn it into a DYRL Roy or Max for youB))).

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s753874471

I think it's more on the scalpers that bought them are having a hard time moving their purchases. The amount of Hikaru 1S on YJA was very abundant that I think anybody that really wanted one and willing to pay more, got it already from the previous listings. 

Edited by crackpot

3 minutes ago, Gwynne said:

So this thread is a bit massive at this point...  Anyone that has kept up with it know if there are any plans for another missile & fastpack run?  Or should I just bite the bullet?

Have not seen any plans for a re-release of the missile pack. As for the strike pack it seems there's a tease for the TV version. Previous release was the DYRL version.

39 minutes ago, Draykov said:

Well, if it hasn't already been stated (and forgive me if that's the case), there is some silver lining here.  

1) Nin-Nin seems to have some available (albeit, at a price that continually inflated over the course of the night so quickly that one cart screw-up on my part ended up costing me almost an extra $50 over the course of several minutes)

2) Mandarake will have a few...I know it's a high demand item, but some will materialize

3) I might be naive, but this has been referred to as "first limited edition" which I think was similar to Hikaru's J model that also came with a stand.  I'm not as familiar with Bandai's shenanigans as a lot of folks here, but I'd bet dollars to donuts these will be re-released in some way at some point.  

4) I never did see them available at Okini Land, at least not between 2 and 3AM CDT early this morning and not anytime since then that I've checked...we might yet be surprised

Okini Land did go live today. Will they another round?

7 minutes ago, moose said:

I hope so at this point it is sold out everywhere. So all we can do is wait and see even for a bit of a mark up that would be fine.  I am do sick of this crap its only Bandi that macross that does this and if it was no ot for the fact I wanted to complete my tv valks I would not give a dam .since they are all basicly repaints .

Not only Macross, I also collect Saint Seiya figures and those are really hard to find after PO day, and usually with a mark-up, they release a new figure every 3 months so its hard to keep up

this unit will pop up again from time to time. Just like the TV VF-1J and many previous frontier valks did.

There's no need to worry about it too much. Only pay the mark-up after release. don't encourage the scalp preorders beforehand

Edited by Duymon

13 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

When i woke up the vf-1s was at £137 at nin nin game. By the time i went to pre order through sugo it was at £180, now it's at 203 plus shipping. Absolute piss take.

I was looking and they still have the pre-order, now it's like £245 quid. yikes. is this site even legit? 

edit. was unavailable now.

Edited by obakesan

29 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Not only Macross, I also collect Saint Seiya figures and those are really hard to find after PO day, and usually with a mark-up, they release a new figure every 3 months so its hard to keep up

Yeah I did notice that a new saint figure asgard figure was in preorder indent even know it was offered for preorder probably all on the same day. So 3 times macross , new eva and a saint seyia figure. It's insane only bandi does this  happen with.

11 hours ago, Actar said:

Do you guys know of any good browser add-ons or extensions that monitor a webpage for changes? Could be a great asset during times like these.

not so much for changes, but I was using a chrome extension to auto fresh page ;). there is a service called visualping.com that does something, but they give you x free credits, then need pay.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I use Distill web monitor, you can select specific elements to monitor, and triggering conditions.

I can never get that thing to work properly.  I keep getting pinged every 5 seconds, but no visible changes to the website.  -__-

7 minutes ago, dragontype said:

I can never get that thing to work properly.  I keep getting pinged every 5 seconds, but no visible changes to the website.  -__-

You need to select specific elements, and use the triggering condition options. Also helps if you check the change monitor and see what's setting it off.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You need to select specific elements, and use the triggering condition options. Also helps if you check the change monitor and see what's setting it off.

As you were able to get several POs last night, do you attribute that to Distill? I feel that I was pretty fast on getting on top of the links, but it's just seconds of time you have to react and don't know if a web monitor actually makes that much of a difference.

2 minutes ago, bleecher said:

As you were able to get several POs last night, do you attribute that to Distill? I feel that I was pretty fast on getting on top of the links, but it's just seconds of time you have to react and don't know if a web monitor actually makes that much of a difference.

Not this time around, I attribute it to being logged into everywhere ahead of time and refreshing this thread like a madman.

It has helped me in the past though, with HLJ, Anime Export, and Amazon Japan.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

4 minutes ago, obakesan said:

What’s that covered up I wonder by Roy ? Looks like a balk in fighter mode, nose cone there. ? This is about 36 min in the tamashi special event 2020 stream

04EFB5DA-1623-47E6-974A-83858AAF621F.png

I think it's gerwalk mode, you can see something white with a black stripe running vertically under the wings.

If it's TV supers I'm ordering 4 straight off.