Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, myk said:

I feel that way about my '60 V2 Roy.  I have it parked beside my '60 YF 19 and 21; even if the DX Roy is perfect it's not going to take the place of the V2 just because of the issue of scale...

LOL, if it ends up being a POS, I'll just get a used 1/60 V2 used here or elsewhere and not bother since I'd like to have at least one PT version of Roy's 1S. 

4 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

If my bank rejects it, I won't bother disputing it, I'll just get it elsewhere. Even if I have to pay more. 

Yeah I’m leaning that way if it happens. Would be more comfortable doing that and if N2 wanted to ban me from the site or something then frankly all the better 

1 minute ago, Alan Molina said:

Any one that pre-ordered with Nin -Nin check that you actually paid for the right item please.  you might of been hit like i did 

Good idea.  I checked my invoice and it's correct...

4 minutes ago, myk said:

How is that even possible...

I guess they thought "Oh crap, we don't have anymore Roy's, lets substitute a used Hikaru instead!" Even then, that's still hard to believe anyone would think that would fly. Pun intended. :p

Not to mention that the preorder was still up last I checked. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

5 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

Any one that pre-ordered with Nin -Nin check that you actually paid for the right item please.  you might of been hit like i did 

Mine went through fine - I've ordered from Nin-Nin before in the past and had no issues or bad experience - they've delivered me both Max DX Vf1a and Chuck V31e in the past on time and in great packaging. Unlike previous times, they didn't do an early release for this PO. 

I only didn't have time to apply my vouchers and choose the best PAYPAL method but hey, whatever it takes to secure an order in the heat of the moment right? 

image.png.792d0a2f29022c934f91a08fd05e0dce.png

1 minute ago, Arakure Knight said:

Mine went through fine - I've ordered from Nin-Nin before in the past and had no issues or bad experience - they've delivered me both Max DX Vf1a and Chuck V31e in the past on time and in great packaging. Unlike previous times, they didn't do an early release for this PO. 

I only didn't have time to apply my vouchers and choose the best PAYPAL method but hey, whatever it takes to secure an order in the heat of the moment right? 

Aye, as long as we actually GET the damned thing when it comes out. 

4 minutes ago, Arakure Knight said:

Wtf is a paypal exchange fee? Paypal converts on its own.

4 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

i have raised a ticket with them and even used facebook to report this. but nothing from them. not sure where they are based tbh

what a great day :( 

They're in France?  Also, why would the price go up?  None of this makes any sense...

Daggone, worst pre-order ever, this is the first time I've failed one.  Me and the wife had six sites open on two devices, Ami Ami froze, got cartjacked at Amazon.jp, and the other four failed.  I literally watched Rakuten instantly go from no order button to sold out between my ~2 second interval refresh clicks.  Should have tried Yodobashi, forgot about that one.  However, got a small lead on reserving an in-store copy via phone on 1 November...

If anyone's interested in my previous (relevant) GIF contribution to this thread, go to my profile and look at my post from June 4, 2019, you won't be disappointed.

Was this the first DX since Hikaru's J that had heavy advertising by Bandai?  Cant remember if Max A or Hikaru S had that.

12 minutes ago, pikashoo said:

Wow this Ninnin game seems shadier the more I read this thread.

Well whatever you do, dont read what others have said about them online lol.  You'll be smacking your head like I am right now. 

1 minute ago, myk said:

Well whatever you do, dont read what others have said about them online lol.  You'll be smacking your head like I am right now. 

LOL. It's too late to regret now, just see about getting another preorder that will let you pay later in the mean time to hedge your bets, that's what I'm trying to do. Worst comes to worst, we buy once at inflated prices and cry once and chalk it all up to experience. :lol:

1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

LOL. It's too late to regret now, just see about getting another preorder that will let you pay later in the mean time to hedge your bets, that's what I'm trying to do. Worst comes to worst, we buy once at inflated prices and cry once and chalk it all up to experience. :lol:

You're right.  Either way, we will win in the end.  Its just the matter of how we win and get what we want...

Well I'm awake and about to head to the gun range. Wow, what a sh*tshow last night. Tried on my phone on home Wifi as it is faster, but still got absolutely nowhere with AmiAmi, CD Japan, HS, or HLJ. I never even saw a pre-order button. I was trying for about 25 minutes at which time HLJ was saying Error 404 and AmiAmi just flat wouldn't load. The others just always showed Sold Out form 2:00AM on.  Oh well, I saved $200+. Wasn't dying to have it anyway.  I kinda knew that getting the 1J might very well end up being the ONLY DX I would ever get at retail, which is fine. Whatever.  

On another note, I would like, someday, to fly to Japan and punch Bandai's Director Of Marketing dead in the nose just one time, for all of us. 

Peace out.

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Well I'm awake and about to head to the gun range. Wow, what a sh*tshow last night. Tried on my phone on home Wifi as it is faster, but still got absolutely nowhere with AmiAmi, CD Japan, HS, or HLJ. I never even saw a pre-order button. I was trying for about 25 minutes at which time HLJ was saying Error 404 and AmiAmi just flat wouldn't load. The others just always showed Sold Out form 2:00AM on.  Oh well, I saved $200+. Wasn't dying to have it anyway.  I kinda knew that getting the 1J might very well end up being the ONLY DX I would ever get at retail, which is fine. Whatever.  

On another note, I would like, someday, to fly to Japan and punch Bandai's Director Of Marketing dead in the nose just one time, for all of us. 

Peace out.

Lol.  Have fun at the range...

2 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Peace out.

You'd have to pull his head out of his ass first though, just saying. 

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing a NIN NIN thread on release day. Really worrying how they kept reopening pre-orders with escalating prices and hearing about other shady practices. 

Hopefully all us NIN NIN folk will experience smooth transactions but I'm expecting a big R.I.Pineapples... :unsure:

24 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

lol thats all i can do atm  just smile and pretend it all be alright at some point

its only money right!!! 

1 minute ago, Roi_Fokka said:

Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing a NIN NIN thread on release day. Really worrying how they kept reopening pre-orders with escalating prices and hearing about other shady practices. 

Hopefully all us NIN NIN folk will experience smooth transactions but I'm expecting a big R.I.Pineapples... :unsure:

the pre-order still open there and with their no refund policy only credit voucher they are going to  make so much money and not deliver anything!! just hopping to  get my money back from paypal

Just now, Alan Molina said:

the pre-order still open there and with their no refund policy only credit voucher they are going to  make so much money and not deliver anything!! just hopping to  get my money back from paypal

If you don't get your item, Paypal will generally side with the buyer and refund the money. 

8 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

I paid through paypal so I got 6 months. If it’s not delivered within that time I’ll file claim. Otherwise I wouldn’t have ordered.