Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Last few pre-orders I've noticed something about amiami. 15 minutes to the second after POs open (and they've shown as sold out) they come back up. And for the last 3 pre-orders that's where I've been able to get my Valks. Just sheparded the 1S through after half an hour. Same with the 29 and the 1/48 before that.

I think everyone's experience is different - I certainly felt that this time wasn't as bad as the previous Hikaru VF1s DYRL release which I was unable to secure then but managed to get Max VF1a before. Nin-nin didn't have any early release this time but Nippon Yasan did. 

In any case, I've learnt HobbySearch is near impossible to even land on when these pre-orders drop. That said, I won't complain - I feel like copping a pair of OG Nike Jordans or SB dunks is even harder than these Macross pre-orders.  

At min 12:25 am PST then 5 min later I manage to get an order from AmiAmi and the email confirmation too ,

The page started load up pretty quickly now with Orders Closed message, still didn't give up and after several F5's , surprise the Orange Add to cart button appeared! 

image.png.8cea683db24ae39f1ebe3bcb428b75a7.png

this round was pretty much as bad as the VF-1S Hilkaru for me. Kept getting either cart jacked or the site just did not load.

The only reason I managed to get the Hikaru was because I was in Japan around the release date and managed to snag one from Tamashii Nation itself.

I doubt I'll have the same luxury this round, so this whole thing has been extremely frustrating as usual, and I blame Bandai for always allocating so little preorder slots.

Scored at amiami.

It was in my cart for like 40 minutes trying to check out.  Here is my theory.  Once it is in your cart, you have it for a certain time.  As long as you are making progress along the path, they will let you keep it in your cart.  My theory is that there is a timeout where they clear your cart and put it back into gen pop, that's why they become available again.

It was in my cart for like 20 minutes not letting me proceed.  Then it let me go to payments but sat there for another 20 minutes because there were too many users for me to check out.  So I just kept trying to pay and eventually it worked.

Good luck all.  This is enough to turn people off the hobby.

1 minute ago, Alex GS said:

At min 12:25 am PST then 5 min later I manage to get an order from AmiAmi and the email confirmation too ,

The page started load up pretty quickly now with Orders Closed message, still didn't give up and after several F5's , surprise the Orange Add to cart button appeared! 

image.png.8cea683db24ae39f1ebe3bcb428b75a7.png

This happened to me., saw the orange button but reflex was too much., I pressed F5. THen it never appeared again

I saw that AE went down a few minutes after 4pm JST. At first it struggled and you'd get the occasional error message, then it just turned into a dumpster fire of sadness and poor web site design. HLJ did the "can't add item to cart" thing with the Hikaru 1S, too. This somehow feels worse, though.

1 minute ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Scored at amiami.

It was in my cart for like 40 minutes trying to check out.  Here is my theory.  Once it is in your cart, you have it for a certain time.  As long as you are making progress along the path, they will let you keep it in your cart.  My theory is that there is a timeout where they clear your cart and put it back into gen pop, that's why they become available again.

It was in my cart for like 20 minutes not letting me proceed.  Then it let me go to payments but sat there for another 20 minutes because there were too many users for me to check out.  So I just kept trying to pay and eventually it worked.

Good luck all.  This is enough to turn people off the hobby.

Same here, but it took me 25 minutes!!

Don't give up with AmiAmi

First it showed sold out but then I scored one!!

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Â¥40,891 for 2 shipped to California with Amazon Japan.

$218.55 for 1 with Nin-Nin and FedEx/DHL shipping. Would have been $210 w/o paypal fee, but didn't trust their credit card processor.

We scored them from the same places! Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to leave anything to chance, so AJ is shipping mine to Tenso and I used PayPal for Nin-Nin. One false move and I would have been cart-jacked. (everybody drink!)

One last thing....you guys may want to make sure you can still log in at HLJ, old passwords may not work there anymore and you need to go through a password reset. Hate for anyone to get cart jacked because they couldn’t log in there.

Remember when CDJapan would get like 100 of a new item and if you were ready, and someone gave you the link, you would see they were going down and in like 5 more minutes they'd be sold out? Those were the good ol' days.