Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I'm just wondering why those "VF" markings would be considered TV-specific, since Takatoku put those stickers on their Strike Valkyries as well...

16Jancollectiona.jpg

Takatoku "technically" never got around to selling their "Strike" Valkyrie.....although the first batch sold by Bandai of the Strike Valkyrie were made using available Takatoku parts....

large.20200501_223707.jpg.2efd6101d42283

large.2040037243_BandaiTakatokusticker.j

40 minutes ago, Skull-wan said:

always thought it was from the "show", i wonder what is the origin of the "VF" sticker.

I am guessing it is a hold-back from the ARII/IMAI/Takatoku boxart illustrations from Takani and Susuki.....that in turn "adopted" that detail from initial lineart illustrations of the VF-1, such as these images.....presumably done by Kawamori...these two appear as B/W lineart in the Perfect Memory book

gallery_12176_640_2276555.jpg

gallery_12176_640_464238.jpg

The majority of the lineart, however, seems to be lacking the "VF" detail.....personally, I like it, but am OK without it

39 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

And mine are one of the passwords on HLJ that have been "invalidated" by their new hashing algorithm.  And I can't reset it because it won't send me a link.  I guess this is better than them doing it tomorrow, but jesus what worse timing...

You may want to create a new account if they do not resolve it for you by tomorrow.....having one less online retail option on PO night can't be a good thing....hope they can help you reset your password!

LOL, I just did a search on HLJ in the middle of the day with nothing going on and it still took like a minute to get the results page... oh HLJ, your site is so bad. Hopefully it's the world's most secure website.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I am guessing it is a hold-back from the ARII/IMAI/Takatoku boxart illustrations from Takani and Susuki.....that in turn "adopted" that detail from initial lineart illustrations of the VF-1, such as these images.....presumably done by Kawamori...these two appear as B/W lineart in the Perfect Memory book

Oh, that's right.  The marking guide.

1302029205_markingmaster.jpg.d9a10806bac2de83876efdd78ba68296.jpg

I guess that does sort of make them TV-specific, then.

Cheers, JVM.  ^_^

Does anyone have a direct email for someone at nippon yasan that can help get an order moving or at least explain what is going on?

I'm over a year now waiting on shipment and when I ask about alternative methods they list them, but never tell me how to get the order switched, then they just stop replying to further replies asking what to do to get things moving.

I'm still waiting on my hikaru preorder from last summer because I foolishly ordered fast packs with it. Now the items are just stuck with reference numbers but never shipping. 

Does calling help (is there english customer service?) or is that the same people as chat that tell you to send a ticket?

The reference numbers make me think they are in stock finally, but haven't shipped yet due to japan post closing due to covid. Maybe I'm mistaken and they dont have the items still.

If you figure it out, let me know, haha. Sorry, man. I asked them middle of last month why they hadn't shipped out my super parts and they said it was because of COVID, but when I asked to switch to DHL they stopped replying. For what it's worth, I just think they don't have the super parts and are using the COVID thing as a delaying tactic. I'll probably send another message in a few days. Going back and forth on just cancelling my order there and ordering on the secondary market, they're not that expensive anyways for just the parts.

2 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

And mine are one of the passwords on HLJ that have been "invalidated" by their new hashing algorithm.  And I can't reset it because it won't send me a link.  I guess this is better than them doing it tomorrow, but jesus what worse timing...

Same here!!! Worst timing ever.

I was finally able to reset it.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

You may want to create a new account if they do not resolve it for you by tomorrow.....having one less online retail option on PO night can't be a good thing....hope they can help you reset your password!

I just went to HLJ just to check and low and behold, I also had to create a new password. So I went thru the process, had an email sent, clicked on the link on the email and changed my password. Seemed to have worked. Didn't have to wait long for the Email, luckily!

1 hour ago, totallyjem said:

Does anyone have a direct email for someone at nippon yasan that can help get an order moving or at least explain what is going on?

I'm over a year now waiting on shipment and when I ask about alternative methods they list them, but never tell me how to get the order switched, then they just stop replying to further replies asking what to do to get things moving.

I'm still waiting on my hikaru preorder from last summer because I foolishly ordered fast packs with it. Now the items are just stuck with reference numbers but never shipping. 

Does calling help (is there english customer service?) or is that the same people as chat that tell you to send a ticket?

The reference numbers make me think they are in stock finally, but haven't shipped yet due to japan post closing due to covid. Maybe I'm mistaken and they dont have the items still.

If you are shipping to the USA, your only options are Ferry or UPS.

Keep the  trouble ticket simple.    Decide what you want to do first,  UPS or Ferry.    Then make one for shipping,  add in your preorder number and tell them that you want to either upgrade your shipping to UPS or downgrade your shipping to Ferry.   If you downgrade they will credit you back the difference in N-Y credits. and if you upgrade to UPS they will ask you to pay for the additional cost (UPS is not cheap, you can add some similar items to your cart and do a quick estimate on the cost) 

1 hour ago, Rhubarbarian said:

If you figure it out, let me know, haha. Sorry, man. I asked them middle of last month why they hadn't shipped out my super parts and they said it was because of COVID, but when I asked to switch to DHL they stopped replying. For what it's worth, I just think they don't have the super parts and are using the COVID thing as a delaying tactic. I'll probably send another message in a few days. Going back and forth on just cancelling my order there and ordering on the secondary market, they're not that expensive anyways for just the parts.

There is no DHL option. .  If you are in the USA.  its either Ferry or UPS.

I was able to finally change my password, but I'm not sure what voodoo allowed for it, or if their server was just slow or what.  I made 3 request to change, but only the last one resulted in an email coming through.  My guess is that the first two didn't come through because maybe my account was silently locked for failing the captcha too many times.  :\

39 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I read somewhere that those that were required to change their HLJ passwords were preselected by HLJ to not get through a PO for the DX Roy. I guess you guys have to go with other retailers. 

;):p

You got me there for a bit

38 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What he means to say is, "Only NY and Nin-Nin will be selling it.  Line up early on those two sites."

I heard it's NY only at this point but they're starting their POs at the marked up price beginning 5pm JST. :diablo:

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

I heard it's NY only at this point but they're starting their POs at the marked up price beginning 5pm JST. :diablo:

51 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ooooh right.  Forgot I read that too.  Good catch 8)

With Puffer Fish Sushi for those with exquisite taste and "Top of the Line" Sake. :drinks:

Glad I stopped to pregame a little. Turns out I had to reset my HLJ password as well. That would have freaked me out on the day of. Got that taken care of. I'll see all of you guys for the F5 party on Friday morning.

I know this will get lost in the Roy pre-order furor, but I finally broke down and submitted a ticket with N-Y to inquire about my 2x Super/Strike part order. They win our little game of Good Customer Support Chicken.

It still hasn't even advanced to 'Preparation in Progress'. Still in 'Pre-Order - Payment OK'.

Now back to waiting...

Good luck to everyone going for a Roy pre-order (or maybe more than just one - you know who you are). The Hikaru 1-S is enough for me.

I decided I should get in on this pre-order madness because TV Roy.  I haven't participated since I struck out on 1/48 TV Max (I was able to get one on a restock just prior to release).  I got all my passwords and payments set up and ready to go!  I've been away for a minute, any inkling of TV Kakizake?

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ok made me check my HLJ account, and yup got the locked out due to password incompatibility etc etc...

Did a reset of the password and signed in again...

Hate the capcha code!!

I was just on the site a few days ago and everything was fine, but I just had to reset my password, too. Appreciate the heads up. Could they make their site more useless? Even the search capabilities are worse than before.

Yeah not sure whats happening there with HLJ.

But, if one can consistently manage to secure pre-orders despite the hiccups, then all is good. 

Anyway, good to know abt the login issues beforehand. Wouldnt want to run into it on the preorder day itself..

Edited by seti88

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums, but thanks to you guys' intel I've secured quite a few valks during PO madness season.

So just sharing this here in case it helps anyone: 

A local seller in my home country (Malaysia) has posted up an early preorder for the VF-1S Roy Focker Special. The price after conversion is around $310 USD (shipping not included).

Not sure how that will stack up to the scalper prices, but I've gone ahead and preordered one. Their page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/EMTnRYorozuya/

(Just FYI, I'm not affiliated with this shop and have never bought from them before - but their feedback seems solid.)