Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, they really should have pictures of this toy surrounded by pineapples... whole pineapples, chopped pineapples, and pineapple salads.

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

You just won the MW board!:yahoo:

Though great minds think alike.  This one popped like almost the same time as @Shizuka the Cat on the Macross thread of TFW2005/ToyArk

Don't eat pineapple salad before the PO! It will go poorly for you and no one around you will notice that you're full of 20mm bullet holes and bleeding out. Or something.

This one is worthy of consideration as well.  I forget what his handle is here on MW.

44 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Is the pre-order on the 1st or 3rd?

Late Thursday night (2nd)/early Friday morning (3rd) according to where you are located in the Globe.

Time for pre-orders opening: 4 pm (I think) Japanese Standard Time. 

* I see some Macross fans that are not here quite regularly, so your out of the loop. We'll be updating this site quite frequently, so keep your eye's on this thread for the next few days *

For @DYRL VF-1S and others in the challenge: Do your drinking game on during the pre-orders as well. One shot of Whiskey/Rye/Hibiki/Vodka for those " Website Crashes, Spinning Wheel of Death, Cart Jacked, Frozen" and hopefully that your liver doesn't pooch out during the process.

And why not a have a "Pinapple themed Fiesta" in honour of Roy?   

As Q's famous quote on Star Trek goes (with a twist on my part): "May the orders you put in for the DX VF-1s Roy, have mercy on your soul".  :lol:

Edited by borgified

49 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Also, they really should have pictures of this toy surrounded by pineapples... whole pineapples, chopped pineapples, and pineapple salads.

We need the special edition, with bullet hole decals and a bloodstain on the seat.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

We need the special edition, with bullet hole decals and a bloodstain on the seat.

I might do that when I inevitably get mine weathered. Also I always assumed it was some sort of shrapnel that got him, since as pointed out you can’t exactly walk around after getting hit by something the size of a tank shell.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

That does look like a better shade of yellow.  

Lighting issues?

It's definitely weird photoshop issues, because the lighting appears to be from the front left of the toy (thus why the chest on the right side facing us has a shine along with the front of the left arms of the toy. Using my black pen, I'll circle one of the parts in the image bugging me:

image.png.7c6924e7dbe9d886eca3083440043710.png

Notice the pop up should lights bleeding through the front of the toy, as if the lights themselves are real and turned on. Definitely someone frakking with photoshop. The shine on the GB-11 is wrong as well, but that is a different pet peeve (it shines along the topside *and* near the hand next to the upside down Y in SPACY, an impossible place for the light to glint if the light is coming from the opposite side of the toy).

16 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What is ' Jet Nose'? I looked on the toys and that is what it says.

The tampo from the TV valks is differnet from the DYRL valks. At least Hikaru's DYRL 1S DX does not have the arrows and that text. His TV 1J does have the text and the arrows.

The tampo on the 1S is also darker.

Bandai at its best!!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

14 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Everyone talking about the yellow, but I bet the modex on the tail fin is still printed incorrectly on the mass production, even though (as @jeniuspointed out) it is fixed in the promo photos. :lol:

Which is why it seems you'll have to get good ole Kakizaki TWE with the additional stickers that include modex in order to fix it.  Oooor you could be like @tekering and @Lolicon and go all water decal on them after removing the original numbering.

I’ll try for the pre-order.  If I don’t get one, I’ll just pay the slight mark up from an eBay seller doing preorders or grab it on release day.  I’ve accepted that 330 is sometimes what you are just going to pay if you want it.  

NY will crash immediately on the pre order opening bell.  It happens on every single non- exclusive Macross release.  

Edited by Ridden001

3 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I’ll try for the pre-order.  If I don’t get one, I’ll just pay the slight mark up from an eBay seller doing preorders or grab it on release day.  I’ve accepted that 330 is sometimes what you are just going to pay if you want it.  

NY will crash immediately on the pre order opening bell.  It happens on every single non- exclusive Macross release. 

NY will list it first for a few minutes, then close it after a certian allotment is made. A few minutes later re-list again at a increased price if you can get through on the first try.

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

NY will list it first for a few minutes, then close it after a certian allotment is made. A few minutes later re-list again at a increased price if you can get through on the first try.

The re-list will also usually require full payment in advance if I’m not mistaken.

2 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

HLJ seem better recently, hobbysearch and amiami just stall on that opening second and when it loads up, SOLD out.

HLJ seem better since they do random time in terms of opening it, it allows a bit of better chances that way.

Regarding sites like HLJ, how do you guys find the listing? Just keep searching the site until they make it available ?

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I’ll need 2 so I’ll be making a post in the Wanted section after preorder night if anyone is able to order a spare.

59C9E59B-BDF5-4B65-877E-AC9301CF31DB.gif.051db28030b75c47a68520ba94768f1b.gif

WE ARE NOT TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIIT.  WE ARE NOT TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIIT.

:5::5:

Edited by seti88

9 minutes ago, RIBFIR said:

Regarding sites like HLJ, how do you guys find the listing? Just keep searching the site until they make it available ?

Now you’re just asking for the secret sauce. :shok:  I actually don’t know the answer other than typical searching, but we all post here as we catch them.

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Now you’re just asking for the secret sauce. :shok:  I actually don’t know the answer other than typical searching, but we all post here as we catch them.

LOL, yea I see your point. I must figure out that secret sauce!

44 minutes ago, RIBFIR said:

Speaking of HLJ, did anyone else notice the changes they made to the site when they went offline for "maintenance" yesterday? They managed to find a way to make the site even less helpful. You used to be able to order search results by when items were added, to quickly see new stuff (not really secret sauce), but now that option is gone. It does seem like their database is much faster now, but that doesn't help if you can't quickly find the item you want during PO Madness.

As for NY, when traffic is high they issue some sort of que number system that makes everyone outside wait with an arbitary que number that you have no idea when is your turn and will go up and down on a whim. While the few smart ones that went into the site 5 mins before preorder can get to make their preorders citing no problem with the site. Not sure if that has changed but that was the last time I tried NY during preorder madness and was awhile back. 

1 hour ago, RIBFIR said:

just monitor this thread on the day. Someone will share it.

edit: on the old HLJ site, there is an advance search that is not obvious in the site. That is how it was done before. On the current site, I dont know how the folks are doing it either.

Edited by chyll2

4 hours ago, borgified said:

For some reason, this didn’t happen with the recent YF-29 Alto pre-orders. No small incremental price increases with subsequent re-lists on PO day.

It was just a first batch PO sold out, and they didn’t re-list it until days later at much higher increased price. 

4 hours ago, Skull-wan said:

If it's from the tv show shouldn't he have the "VF" stickers above the feet like in the picture?

Why?  Those markings never appeared in the TV show, did they?

1003223903_why.jpg.53e6913e892c0e2035b49bea03303a19.jpg