Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

More details on June 26. It's black arrows guys.

vf1s_focker_banner_20200624.jpg

Ok, so now I'm super confused. I'm burning the candle at both ends right now.

Am I looking at a TV or DYRL Focker in this pic?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What is a MtF?:unknw:

Macross the First.....reboot of the SDFM TV series....in MtF, the mecha is mostly the same with some modifications to things such as head units on the VF-1D and VF-1J and the "clown" hands are dropped in favor of the DYRL style hands for all VF's....

The TV style SDF-1 is also dropped and replaced with a DYRL style SDF-1, however, the Prometheus and Daedelus are still kept....thus creating a hybrid of sorts....in MtF, the VF-1S looks the same with the exception of the hands and a redesign of the cockpit canopy, which all the VF's in MtF receive...visually, Hikaru's VF-1J received the biggest makeover....

sample-8aff064a20f5c64e5f6c1e681b12cab6.

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

18-19.jpg?w=700

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Macross the First.....reboot of the SDFM TV series....in MtF, the mecha is mostly the same with some modifications to things such as head units on the VF-1D and VF-1J and the "clown" hands are dropped in favor of the DYRL style hands for all VF's....

The TV style SDF-1 is also dropped and replaced with a DYRL style SDF-1, however, the Prometheus and Daedelus are still kept....thus creating a hybrid of sorts....in MtF, the VF-1S looks the same with the exception of the hands and a redesign of the cockpit canopy, which all the VF's in MtF receive...visually, Hikaru's VF-1J received the biggest makeover....

sample-8aff064a20f5c64e5f6c1e681b12cab6.

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

18-19.jpg?w=700

Thank you sir!:hi:

That’s cool that Roy’s VF-1S is coming, and I’m really glad to see it’s the TV version. I’m in for one for sure, whether PO or otherwise.  I think the newer head sculpt looks good, and I could even live with yellow head arrows if needed, but it seems Bandai is fixing that.

Am I correct in assuming that it will not come with a Hikaru pilot, but it’s just shown in that article for scale with Roy?

So excited about this release! Here I was starting to make other series purchases like transformers. Didn't think I would move beyond Macross, but once I caught up on things I had a hole burning in my pockets that need to be satiated. Really looking forward to Roy. I have had ZERO luck on any of the pre-orders, So I think I will accept the mark-up. Hopefully it wont be to brutal.

50 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

So excited about this release! Here I was starting to make other series purchases like transformers. Didn't think I would move beyond Macross, but once I caught up on things I had a hole burning in my pockets that need to be satiated. Really looking forward to Roy. I have had ZERO luck on any of the pre-orders, So I think I will accept the mark-up. Hopefully it wont be to brutal.

Me too

It will be hard to get a pre order in, but I'm go try anyway, i do feel like it will be the most expensive figure in the resale market.

i like the new headsculpt....and the shade of yellow they used (inaccurate though it may be and i 'm sure our resident color expert would agree on the accuracy part).    black arrows is better.  The hands .... those are not tv hands but maybe they will have some fixed pose tv hands too?

SO when the info comes out in 2 days.....and we know the preorder lunacy date....what a guy's best option?  have every link refreshed?  NY, AMZN jp, amiami, hlj, bignjapan, cdjapan, AE....  i wonder how much the initial markups will be after the firsrt .5 seconds of msrp.

Edited by Mechapilot77

21 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i like the new headsculpt....and the shade of yellow they used (inaccurate though it may be and i 'm sure our resident color expert would agree on the accuracy part).    black arrows is better.  The hands .... those are not tv hands but maybe they will have some fixed pose tv hands too?

SO when the info comes out in 2 days.....and we know the preorder lunacy date....what a guy's best option?  have every link refreshed?  NY, AMZN jp, amiami, hlj, bignjapan, cdjapan, AE....  i wonder how much the initial markups will be after the firsrt .5 seconds of msrp.

That is the best option, have all the Tabs open, and be ready to go when it goes live. We always try to find the direct links to the item and share them here when we can.

36 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

So they corrected the head arrows, but they're still showing it with DYRL hands....

I'm good with the mechanical hands, but for purists I think it's safe to assume a pair of rounded TV hands will be included as option parts like Bandai did for the Hikaru 1J and Max 1A releases. 

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-10.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Bandai-DX-VF-1A-Max-TV-3.jpg 

28 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

That is the best option, have all the Tabs open, and be ready to go when it goes live. We always try to find the direct links to the item and share them here when we can.

If the YF-29 FSP is an indication to go by, and that PO is assumed to be 4 months before release date, the PO date could be as early as next Monday or the Monday after...?

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Don't forget... Japan Post has suspended EMS shipment for many countries still - for example, in the USA.  So, make sure wherever you order from, you can actually get it shipped to you or it'll just be sitting in their warehouse until EMS is back.  NY and AE don't have great options for fast shipment.  AE only has some courier that requires your Social Security # (yeah right) and NY has UPS for $1 bazillion USD (Ferry is still an option for many).

my inner child: "Yay! a DX Roy"

my wallet:

Hit or Miss DSA on Twitter: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… "

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

I think I see what they did with the color of yellow (assuming that the pic with the black arrows is direct from Bandai/more accurate, cause the magazine yellow looks totally different haha). It seems to me that they just straight up used the paint they had lying around from the tips of the reaction missiles. I strongly considered matching that more orangish yellow on my customs, but looking at the source material and paint codes, ultimately opted against it. I see what they did though, wanted Roy to not clash if he was sporting some non-radioactive nukes.

image.png.a84c0f002b9b836be384ff8a5d50b25e.png

DSC_0192.jpg.2701a9879747531a6b2b6678e13ffac8.jpg

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, recon said:

Issit me or the TV VF-1S head in terms of symmetry and design looks slightly different from the DYRL VF-1S head?

It's not just you, it's actually been discussed yesterday and today here.  TagHobby points it out in their magazine and draws comparisons.  :)

8 minutes ago, RedComet said:

I think I see what they did with the color of yellow (assuming that the pic with the black arrows is direct from Bandai/more accurate, cause the magazine yellow looks totally different haha). It seems to me that they just straight up used the paint they had lying around from the tips of the reaction missiles. I strongly considered matching that more orangish yellow on my customs, but looking at the source material and paint codes, ultimately opted against it. I see what they did though, wanted Roy to not clash if he was sporting some non-radioactive nukes.

Cameras and lighting—not to mention photo processing—can have a big impact on how colors appear. In that magazine scan, there are 2 shots of the fighter on the stand, and you can tell by the black base that the white balance is different. I'm guessing (or hoping?) that the actual color in real life will be somewhere in between the two shades of yellow.