Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

For those that are getting Roy, brace yourselves as it's going to be a total s***fest and hopefully that you'll get a copy.

Will be in the sidelines and watching/hearing for all of the comments here.   

5 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

So if you were to slap a set of dyrl ssp on, the only noticeable thing would be the pilot color?

Depends on how OCD you are. Some of the decals, like the the "Prometheus" on the tail and the small "skull leader" near the nose aren't on the Hikaru DYRL 1S

Just now, RedComet said:

Depends on how OCD you are. Some of the decals, like the the "Prometheus" on the tail and the small "skull leader" near the nose aren't on the Hikaru DYRL 1S

Ah i see. Thank you for clarifying. I was anticipating a Roy vf-1s dx eventually, but not a tv version. Guess i will have to wait a little longer for the DYRL version to go with Hikaru's.

10 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Ah i see. Thank you for clarifying. I was anticipating a Roy vf-1s dx eventually, but not a tv version. Guess i will have to wait a little longer for the DYRL version to go with Hikaru's.

If you( or anyone else) only want to wait a month for a DYRL Roy, you can get in on next month's batch. You can also have it weathered and panel lined with SSP and even missiles to match :D

Edited by RedComet

8 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Where can I get good quality 1/48 water decals for TV VF-1S?? *bangs head against wall*

Depending on what the actual Roy release ends up looking like, I may just have to put a general DX set together to cover missing details (ejection seat, skulls behind the canopy), incorrectly reversed modex numbers on the vertical stabilizers, and a TV/DYRL Roy conversion.

10 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Depending on what the actual Roy release ends up looking like, I may just have to put a general DX set together to cover missing details (ejection seat, skulls behind the canopy), incorrectly reversed modex numbers on the vertical stabilizers, and a TV/DYRL Roy conversion.

I like this plan!

10 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

With Bandai, there's a roughly 100% chance that I will need those decals to fix their screw-ups/oversights/carelessness. :good:

I am still very intrigued by the little caption box on the top right of the magazine scan, so have tried to make out what I can and put it into google translate.  I can’t make out the beginning of the last sentence at all. I think the gist is that they are working on the TV super parts (interesting that “missiles” were mentioned) because of the different shape and we will just have to wait. 

76B8C1D7-64B3-4E17-849C-407B6B882897.jpeg

49151F2A-7AD7-4A6F-A56B-06A02DCDAD6A.jpeg

E1E11FB7-500C-43A8-A14A-060892B419D6.jpeg

Edited by rdrunner

24 minutes ago, Froy said:

Shouldn't the yellow little arrows on the head of the tv series VF-1S be black?

You are not suggesting Bandai got it wrong, are you?

Coz that would be extremely unpossible with Bandai!

Heresy, I say!

:bump:

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I am still very intrigued by the little caption box on the top right of the magazine scan, so have tried to make out what I can and put it into google translate.  I can’t make out the beginning of the last sentence at all. I think the gist is that they are working on the TV super parts (interesting that “missiles” were mentioned) because of the different shape and we will just have to wait. 

76B8C1D7-64B3-4E17-849C-407B6B882897.jpeg

I think the key here is the headline (which wasn't in the google translation) which is "What is going on/going to happen with the option parts?" and based on the rest of the tone of the paragraph that follows, it's just pure speculation (which may be lost in translation).

Edited by RedComet

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

I think the key here is the headline (which wasn't in the google translation) which is "What is going on/going to happen with the option parts?" and based on the rest of the tone of the paragraph that follows, it's just pure speculation (which may be lost in translation).

Thanks. My Japanese is very bad and as you can tell, I couldn’t make out some of the missing words in the sentences by inference. To me, this little paragraph didn’t seem to tell us much except that the TV style super parts won’t be released shortly after November.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Google translate isn't perfect and sometimes screws up characters even on clearer text images than the super blurry one above.

I’m afraid the fault is with me - I put what I can make out from the text (and there were gaps in the text that I just couldnt make sense of), to see if it offered any clues on the option parts. 

12 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks. My Japanese is very bad and as you can tell, I couldn’t make out some of the missing words in the sentences by inference. To me, this little paragraph didn’t seem to tell us much except that the TV style super parts won’t be released shortly after November.

I don't think the authors of the piece were Bandai in the form of a press release, more like the magazine just got pictures and a release date to do a teaser.

7 minutes ago, jenius said:

They should call it "Skull One" scheme and include Hikaru and Roy pilot figures... because if you put TV supers on this thing you're going to want a Hikaru pilot figure. 

That’s why I won’t be surprised if another TV VF-1S is planned for the future for Hikaru custom, with the black arrows on the head, red triangles on the shoulder, and the (Captain) Ichijo Hikaru marking next to the cockpit... 

3 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

That’s why I won’t be surprised if another TV VF-1S is planned for the future for Hikaru custom, with the black arrows on the head, red triangles on the shoulder, and the (Captain) Ichijo Hikaru marking next to the cockpit... 

Oh right, I was forgetting the name/rank being on there also. It's smart then I guess, the Skull One scheme always gets reissued a few times... this lets Bandai do THREE releases of almost the exact same toy with very minor paint/accessory changes and they can all be different (DYRL, TV Roy, TV Hikaru).

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Oh right, I was forgetting the name/rank being on there also. It's smart then I guess, the Skull One scheme always gets reissued a few times... this lets Bandai do THREE releases of almost the exact same toy with very minor paint/accessory changes and they can all be different (DYRL, TV Roy, TV Hikaru).

Yes unfortunately I have learned their trick with their Gundam/EVA Metal Build releases...

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I’m afraid the fault is with me - I put what I can make out from the text (and there were gaps in the text that I just couldnt make sense of), to see if it offered any clues on the option parts. 

We'll just have to wait till we get a clearer scan of that page in the coming days/weeks. I think the incomplete Google translate gives enough of a gist of what's being said... I think. I really would like to be able to make out the text myself. :)

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Hasn't that always been the case since the dawn of Macross toy collecting? Yamato already did that with DYRL Roy, TV Roy, and TV Hikaru 1S releases. :lol: