Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

2 hours ago, RedComet said:

Yes, I unfortunately posed my DX VF-1J a little too aggressively in Gerwalk mode and it tumbled off a 5 foot shelf Onto a wood floor :o luckily the only thing that Broke was the antenna, and they do give you an extra :D

I had a similar situation thanks to the earthquake last summer, and while completely stable, my gerwalk pose took a 5-foot header to the floor.  Landed in some packing materials, so it wasn't a hard floor, but it scattered bits everywhere like the intake covers, hands, gunpod, etc.

I think the only "damage" it received was that the impact forced the joints around, and one of the gerwalk joints on one leg is fairly loose now, with the ratchet not really amounting to much.. I've relegated that one to fighter mode.

7 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's just going from one part of Tokyo to another, so my best guess is that the local post office is trying to deal with the translated address.

At first I attempted to use my address in Japanese, but as you also discovered, AE's site doesn't like that. I then translated the address as best I could, but was worried about accuracy. I also found that of the three fields AE gives you for a street address, only the first and third are functional (text in the second one gets wiped out when you save the entry). So, I landed on using the Rakuten Global Market version, which was already translated by Tenso and could fit in the first Address field. I also combined city and prefecture in the City field. This is what mine looks like:

Address: TSXXXXXX tenso.com, 42-4, Senjyuakebono-cho

City: Adachi-ku, Tokyo

Zip Code: 120-0023

Did yours make it to Tenso using that template?

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Did yours make it to Tenso using that template?

I haven't received a shipping notification from AE yet. I'll be be sure to post an update when I have one. @DYRL VF-1Sis about a day ahead of me in getting his order shipped to Tenso. AE is really unpredictable when it comes to shipping. Sometimes they turn around a request within 24 hours, sometimes it takes several days.

22 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I haven't received a shipping notification from AE yet. I'll be be sure to post an update when I have one. @DYRL VF-1Sis about a day ahead of me in getting his order shipped to Tenso. AE is really unpredictable when it comes to shipping. Sometimes they turn around a request within 24 hours, sometimes it takes several days.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to keep an eye on this. I need my AE stuff shipped to Tenso too. I guess we'll see how well it works. May the best template win!

I think it will still make it there. The person delivering may scratch there head for a sec seeing the "Cho" - ward subsection listed after the block #(42) and building number #(4) but should still make sense of it all.

Edited by Vertex

36 minutes ago, Vertex said:

I think it will still make it there. The person delivering may scratch there head for a sec seeing the "Cho" - ward subsection listed after the block #(42) and building number #(4) but should still make sense of it all.

Cool! I’ll post an update here when I have one. For future reference, I’ll use the Rakuten Global format on Tenso.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

13 hours ago, borgified said:

Has anyone here ended up dropping their copy of the DX VF-1 accidentally?

We know that the HMR can take a drop from nearly 2 meters high (6 feet) and still survive, with all that weight on the DX VF-1, will something be sacrificed?

Another useful factoid about the DX VF-1:  You can still use as a weapon to protect yourself against any possible thief or break ins as the feet is quite useful as a club (just like the Chunky Monkeys). ;)  

I dropped my 1J DX from a small  two feet coffe table. It was in fighter mode resting on the landing gears and I bumped the table and the 1J flew into the floor.

The backpack got disconnected from the legs. But luckily nothing broke, and nothing got scratched. My heart stopped for a moment though :lol:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I bought a VF-31 Messer, but everytime I looked at it, I thought of how terrible Delta was....

I literally sold it because of my memory of trying and failing to be able to watch the series.

but it is a badass plane.  I wish I had been able to separate the two.

Edited by Ridden001

15 minutes ago, sil80jdm said:

Anybody know what’s up with ssp from nippon yasan?? Mines been bought and paid for since day 1 and won’t even reply to my messages :(

Same here. 

They replied to me, apologised for the delay and said they'll ship when when they have them. That's about it.

just got my SSP from NY this week (also paid for it upon PO last year). So I've asked about it around 1st week of May and also to ask to change the shipping method (RSAL -> EMS), and they just replied that they don't have it yet and also sent an invoice for the additional fee to change the shipping to EMS. I've replied that  Iwon't be paying that additional EMS at that time (since it's not available), and also told them to keep me updated when they have the SSP. Haven't heard anything from them about the SSP, but first week of June, I just decided to pay up the additional EMS fee. And then, was surprised that they actually shipped the item the weekend of that week. 

So with that, only the VF-0D and the missile set order remains.

Edited by pafy6285

2 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

I bought a VF-31 Messer, but everytime I looked at it, I thought of how terrible Delta was....

I literally sold it because of my memory of trying and failing to be able to watch the series.

I genuinely think Delta is the worst Macross series ever made. I'm not trying to be hyperbolic. For whatever flaws previous shows had (and they are numerous flaws), I at least felt that the people behind them were trying to make what they thought was a good series.

Delta is the only Macross series where I felt like everything was decided by a committee of MBAs and then those directives were handed off to some poor schmuck who had to build a semi-coherent script around it.

It's the Poochie of Macross shows.

3 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I genuinely think Delta is the worst Macross series ever made. 

Wow. I think I'll take your word for it. I would rather live in ignorance than know my awesome VF-31's were part of a crap show. Hell, it's one of the reasons why I can't collect Power Rangers or Transformers... 

5 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I genuinely think Delta is the worst Macross series ever made. I'm not trying to be hyperbolic. For whatever flaws previous shows had (and they are numerous flaws), I at least felt that the people behind them were trying to make what they thought was a good series.

Delta is the only Macross series where I felt like everything was decided by a committee of MBAs and then those directives were handed off to some poor schmuck who had to build a semi-coherent script around it.

It's the Poochie of Macross shows.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Wow. I think I'll take your word for it. I would rather live in ignorance than know my awesome VF-31's were part of a crap show. Hell, it's one of the reasons why I can't collect Power Rangers or Transformers... 

I didn't really like Delta that much to be honest, but I did give it a watch.

Everyone here has different tastes in shows either it maybe sci-fi, action, humour, horror, mysteries, anime, tokusatsu, war, drama, romantic-comedy  etc...  

57 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

Didplays2go.com 

great high quality cabinets. Weighs a ton though.  

Well crap. I've tried talking them into sourcing me some of those lights alreday. They act like I'm asking for nuclear launch codes. You would think that after buying $6000+ in cabinets from them they would put the extra effort in.:mellow:

Thanks for the reply.:good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Well crap. I've tried talking them into sourcing me some of those lights alreday. They act like I'm asking for nuclear launch codes. You would think that after buying $6000+ in cabinets from them they would put the extra effort in.:mellow:

Thanks for the reply.:good:

We just went under contract for a new build and the wifey wants me to get rid of this retail case. I said that’s fine but then I need to get one that holds this amount to replace it. So, she says get one that is vertical. I’m like cool. Hold my beer. Gonna cost us a grand. I’ll build a 1/48 DX DYRL Squad in there with this Delta likely.

BF6DEDFB-A5BD-46AC-B431-EBD73947B087.jpeg

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

26 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

We just went under contract for a new build and the wifey wants me to get rid of this retail case. I said that’s fine but then I need to get one that holds this amount to replace it. So, she says get one that is vertical. I’m like cool. Hold my beer. Gonna cost us a grand. I’ll build a 1/48 DX DYRL Squad in there with this Delta likely.

:rofl:

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Anyone interested on the AE update:  My missiles were delivered to Tenso so it's all good.  Looking forward to @Anasazi37's update, and if he has no issues then we'll know what address format to use.  Mine obviously created hiccups even though it eventually got delivered. 

That's super news!

Well, my missile sets from the 2nd run just arrived from Nin-nin-game.

My strike parts through Anime Export were stuck at Osaka since 4/16 managed to arrive last week as well.

Can't wait to finally get everything out and loaded up!

Hope everyone gets their shipments soon too, cheers.

7 minutes ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Well, my missile sets from the 2nd run just arrived from Nin-nin-game.

My strike parts through Anime Export were stuck at Osaka since 4/16 managed to arrive last week as well.

Can't wait to finally get everything out and loaded up!

Hope everyone gets their shipments soon too, cheers.

I'm jealous! I pre-ordered missiles from Nin-Nin back in April and haven't seen any change to the order status at all :(

And I paid for FedEx/DHL FWIW

Edited by RedComet

10 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Anyone interested on the AE update:  My missiles were delivered to Tenso so it's all good.  Looking forward to @Anasazi37's update, and if he has no issues then we'll know what address format to use.  Mine obviously created hiccups even though it eventually got delivered. 

Glad to hear that yours made it to Tenso! I received my shipping notification from AE last night. Nothing is showing up in the Japan Post tracking system yet. They're taking their sweet time with my sets, apparently. Maybe they just printed the address label so they could mark the order as shipped, and will actually mail it later, which is straight out of NY's playbook. I'll report back as soon as I have an update.

5 hours ago, RedComet said:

I'm jealous! I pre-ordered missiles from Nin-Nin back in April and haven't seen any change to the order status at all :(

And I paid for FedEx/DHL FWIW

April 2019 or April 2020? And was the company you ordered from JP based or otherwise? JUst getting the general situation. All of my orders are JP based and sent via DHL. The delays came from my local Customs clearance.