Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

20 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

OKINI LAND

https://okini.land/en/11144-dx-chogokin-strikesuper-parts-set-for-vf-1-bandai-spirits.html

Strike parts 108.00 in stock 24.00 DHL to US per set!!! Go GO

EDIT: Dang I put this up and in 3 minutes they were gone.

@Alphahorizon I guess they got some more but there at 120.23 now.

Edited by Vertex

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

No problemo!

And pretty much what @jenius said. If you do get a VF-1J Hikaru set, 1S Roy, GBP and all that. Put the Hikaru figure in the Roy VF-1S and you've got yourself an accurate Hikaru TV VF-1S w/fast packs. You'll be living the dream at that point. B))

Don't forget to repaint the head arrows to black! :rolleyes:

Yamato did release a TV Super VF-1S set with Hikaru pilot figure at 1/60 scale, but that set is pretty hard to find these days.

I ended up doing what you mentioned: got a TV VF-1S, managed to find a separate set of TV supers, and took my extra Hikaru pilot from my GBP set (which is always in battroid) and voila! TV Super VF-1S! :)

10 minutes ago, Navtek said:

For anyone with items trapped in EMS jail right now, I just my last package start moving today that has been sitting since April 18th. 

Mine since May 5. Couple of TF stuff. Should have used DHL.

41 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Mine since May 5. Couple of TF stuff. Should have used DHL.

Yep. I have been using DHL since the cutoff on the 24th of April. Was EMS still accepting in some locations into May? 

10 minutes ago, Navtek said:

Yep. I have been using DHL since the cutoff on the 24th of April. Was EMS still accepting in some locations into May? 

Those were April due deliveries. Arrived May 5 via EMS and still no movement. Post May, like my Fastpack and Destroid Monster, I used DHL.

There is a bit of surface scratch on the top of my VF-1S head. It's been buggin me, was thinking of using tamiya polishing compound to try and smoothen it out. Not sure if it's a good idea or not. Anyone had any experience in fixing the scratches on the dx chogokin?

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 14.54.22.jpeg

Tamiya polishing compound, even the "coarse" is intended mainly for model cars as a final/near-final step----it'll make the spot way too shiny.  I'd go with "fine grit sandpaper" etc, to try to match the factory sheen.  

30 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Tamiya polishing compound, even the "coarse" is intended mainly for model cars as a final/near-final step----it'll make the spot way too shiny.  I'd go with "fine grit sandpaper" etc, to try to match the factory sheen.  

I'm curious. How would polishing look on an unpainted gundam kit with a gloss coat finish? Would it remove the 'spray on' look to it? Maybe make the 'paint' look like a cherry finish? I'm also curious to know if this would be something I could use on a Soul of Chogokin where the glossy plastic has gotten a little scratched over the years. Could this breath new life into it?

Is this a factory gloss coat, like a HiRM Gundam?  Or like from a spray-can?  (the factory coatings are SUPER high glossy, whereas spray cans rarely are).  

Tamiya polishing is not a 'quick and easy' thing in my experience.  It'll take a while.  "If it doesn't strain your hand/arm muscles, then it's not really doing anything".   You gotta press and rub, not just "wipe", even more so than "polishing a real car" IMHO. 

For "reviving raw plastic", I would much more recommend Novus #2.  It is plastic polish, not paint polish, and is designed (and is quite good at) removing scratches from plastic bits.  I've even used it on old Legos. 

Thanks for the info. I'm talking about spray can Mr.Hobby type gloss coat that tends to lay unevenly on the plastic. I would like to polish that but I don't know what that would do to the panel lines or the decals directly underneath. Would I really have to put that much elbow grease into polishing a layer or two of glossy top coat?

I really appreciate the Novus #2 recommendation. I'll have to try that out on bare plastic. I was thinking of reviving some of my old Yamato 1/65 Valkyries where the duster I used over the years ended up leaving a bunch of micro-scratches on the plastic.

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Thanks for the advice, Probably need to get 600 , 1000 and 2000 grit. Will see how it goes.

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41092-item-of-interest-spotted-on-mandarake/

There is an existing thread to post "items of interest".....you are aware of them.  In fact, you most often than not, also double-post the same listing in the various "item of interest" threads.  It defeats the purpose of those threads to have you constantly posting listings on threads that should be focusing on the toys themselves.  People follow this thread, and others, and each time you post a listing, folks get alerted and instead of finding out something new, like a release anouncement, PO date or newly discovered issue, they get yet another post about a link to a listing....

If people want to find out about a new listing, they can choose to follow the appropriate threads.  You should allow folks to use the available tools on this website, especially newer members that may not be aware of the available threads that exist to help them find items.  It has worked out fine this way for at least 6 years. 

An occasional listing from time to time, for example after the mad rush for a PO that has recently closed, is perfectly understandable, but what you are doing is disruptive and quite frankly a form of spamming.  Maybe figure out some other constructive way to increase your post count?

I guess I'm one of the only ones that doesn't mind the posts. It seems like enabling at its finest since I don't necessarily want to check or subscribe to threads but love it when I see a deal on something I might want or didn't think I wanted until I saw the deal. 

It's just an organization thing. I think the posts related to stores are better elsewhere as they make it easier when you're looking for a post about a toy to find that post with less spam (and easier to find places to buy something in another thread with less chatter about the toy).