Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

12 hours ago, Grey728 said:

For those still looking for the strike packs Amazon Japan will ship to your door for $146.40 shipped and it will arrive in 3-5 days despite the pandemic. FYI

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07T9FL5F7/ref=crt_ewc_img_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1O4RZPJ0KOOSM

image.png.8d9e1bfc6dd4fee85a4e7607299789e6.png

I don't know if you want to risk it, but I was able to purchase 4 sets a week or so ago for under $120 USD/ea shipped which was less/the same as my NY pre-orders shipped with EMS.  It was all they had left or I would've posted here.  But if you have orders elsewhere and just waiting, I would recommend being vigilant on AJ and looking for the right price.  Food for thought.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 12.01.50 PM.png

On 5/6/2020 at 3:45 PM, MikeRoz said:

Oh cool, rearward-firing missile packs! New innovation for VF-1s, I believe.

the real question is: do you have to think in Russian to fire them?

19 minutes ago, slide said:

the real question is: do you have to think in Russian to fire them?

Why would you think in Russian to fire these always? 

Is it because if the hacking problem that created all this mess that caused an unsightly mess to Air Malaysia's fights that ended up in a disaster or the jury rigging of votes to increase Trump's popularity as POTUS? 

Think what you will, let's leave politics out if this discussion. Don't want to get banned or kicked out from this site.. 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Why would you think in Russian to fire these always? 

Is it because if the hacking problem that created all this mess that caused an unsightly mess to Air Malaysia's fights that ended up in a disaster or the jury rigging of votes to increase Trump's popularity as POTUS? 

Think what you will, let's leave politics out if this discussion. Don't want to get banned or kicked out from this site.. 

j. jonah jameson Meme Generator - Imgflip

:rofl:sorry, but that response had me rolling on the floor for a bit!

58 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:
14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg.3580d4d2f2c0d7c1646281ed46b16752.jpg

^It's a Firefox reference, eto shutka tovarishch, Bozhe moy!

Edited by slide

Just now, Chronocidal said:

I don't know about you, but the idea of any browser being able to fire mind-controlled missiles makes me nervous, but at least it's not run by Google or Microsoft.

:p 

:rofl:

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

Who did and what?

1BABCF18-713F-44F3-802F-17B11C43B2BC.jpeg

Yeah, there is a whole thread about it. Japan post stopped accepting all packages bound for the US on the 23rd, and say it may take them 4 MONTHS to work through the backlog that started building on the 1st of April.

4 minutes ago, F360 said:
2 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Yeah, there is a whole thread about it. Japan post stopped accepting all packages bound for the US on the 23rd, and say it may take them 4 MONTHS to work through the backlog that started building on the 1st of April.

I'm totally aware of the suspension of SAL and EMS to the States (your last comment on the thread you're referencing @RedComet was directly after mine,) but not sure what company and which toy he's referencing.  :)  It just seemed like a random comment?  Maybe intended for http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/48060-japan-post-suspension-of-international-mail/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-1523054

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

13 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Holy crap. 4 months!? So shipping by boat is now the faster AND cheaper method of shipment?

Well they won't LET you ship anything by Japan post or EMS but when things stuck in postal purgatory arrives also seems totally random. For example one EMS package that was shipped on April 9th showed up yesterday, while another of mine, shipped from the same location on the 4th has yet to make ANY updates in its progress. It almost seems as if they literally stacked up a mountain of boxes, then have had to work on slowly whipping things from the TOP of the pile :unsure:

4 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Well they won't LET you ship anything by Japan post or EMS but when things stuck in postal purgatory arrives also seems totally random. For example one EMS package that was shipped on April 9th showed up yesterday, while another of mine, shipped from the same location on the 4th has yet to make ANY updates in its progress. It almost seems as if they literally stacked up a mountain of boxes, then have had to work on slowly whipping things from the TOP of the pile :unsure:

Yeah, I have two items that I attempted to ship right at the beginning of April from AmiAmi and Mandarake and neither have seen movement. Guess they're at the bottom of the pile with yours. :) 

1 minute ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah, I have two items that I attempted to ship right at the beginning of April from AmiAmi and Mandarake and neither have seen movement. Guess they're at the bottom of the pile with yours. :) 

Yeah, really lame that they aren't doing first in/first out, especially since mine from the 4th is a HUGE local group buy. And I already got TWO DX VF-1Js and a 1S + missiles + Strike pack to replace all the stuck stuff haha. I thought I got a good price on two VF-1 missile sets for 7000 in there, but they will re-release them in July and if my package never arrives, or even arrives early June they may only be worth $50 :( at least the prices on everything else have appreciated a bit...

11 minutes ago, RedComet said:

It almost seems as if they literally stacked up a mountain of boxes, then have had to work on slowly whipping things from the TOP of the pile :unsure:

*image that popped into my head* entire staff drawing straws to see who gets sent in with a miner's helmet to play a life-and-death-stakes game of tetris/jenga from within the mountain of boxes...

Edited by slide