Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I'm not so sure amigo..

"I just can't find that Hayao Kakizaki VF-1A I desperately want" said no one ever within three months of the toy's release. Any store right now that sees there's still demand while the order window is open will likely find a way to get more and the places you normally use as last resort (nin-nin and Mykombini) will probably come through since it's very unlikely there's going to be a huge swelling of demand after release. 

Its artificial inflation of the price by lowering the actual volume of the items available on their portal to drive the price up.

If the item is still available on the TW website, they should be able to place an order, unless each store has a limit on the number they can place.

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

"I just can't find that Hayao Kakizaki VF-1A I desperately want" said no one ever within three months of the toy's release. Any store right now that sees there's still demand while the order window is open will likely find a way to get more and the places you normally use as last resort (nin-nin and Mykombini) will probably come through since it's very unlikely there's going to be a huge swelling of demand after release. 

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

That's the issue right there. There's been no issue with supply of Kakizaki because it wasn't Bandai producing it.

Because Bandai is known for producing plenty of goods so that everyone can order one with ease!

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That's wwhat's happened on all of the releases so far, there seems to be about a 3 day window after release where the scalpers will be in a war with one another. Dropping the price "somewhat " comparable to release rate.

12 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Its artificial inflation of the price by lowering the actual volume of the items available on their portal to drive the price up.

If the item is still available on the TW website, they should be able to place an order, unless each store has a limit on the number they can place.

Yes , each proxy / store has a limit on how much they can place .   That is base around the limits of each item per shipping address. 

14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This twe is still available on p-Bandai .  So you do not have to fight with resellers .  You just need to get a proxy to preorder this for you .    A proxy is not gonna charge a extra fee for macros item , it will be the same fee for them . 

Proxy will need to add in domestic shipping and their fees can be as low as a flat rate of 300 yen  to some will change 10% of item price or even 15% . 

TWE is order on demand.  Bandai will produce base on how many was preordered .  So if less preordered = less produce .   This item does not seem to be that popular compare to some that gets sold out in minutes to hours . Along with a 2nd batch , and even 3rd batch for supper popular items .

2 hours ago, F360 said:

TWE is order on demand.  Bandai will produce base on how many was preordered .  So if less preordered = less produce .   This item does not seem to be that popular compare to some that gets sold out in minutes to hours . Along with a 2nd batch , and even 3rd batch for supper popular items .

See, after the VF-31A situation, I'm not sure this is entirely true.  I think they gauge interest to a point, but they may very well cap orders at a certain production limit, regardless of demand.  At least with the strike packs, that seemed to be the case, but if they don't have demand enough to justify a second production run, they may just cut off orders.

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

I'm not so sure amigo..

So far everything has been easily had on release day. Sure, at a bit of a premium, but no more than AE or NY is selling them for right now.

I got a Max  and the 1S Higgy (x6) on release day. Got the Max for retail. Got the Higgy's for over retail, but not much. Certainly not enough for me to participate in PO bloodbaths. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm just going to wait until DX release days, pay the premium price and not have to worry about any PO stress/nonsense, when it's going to ship, etc. Plus, the I get to keep my money in my pocket the entire time and don't have to worry about CC or PP recourse expiration dates.

For those who looking for forward service with open slots, you can try https://www.opennippon.com/#js1585227999268 , it's a good one. I used russian version of this site a few times before and once for p-bandai orders and all good.

If you can't order directly you can contact with support and they will help to make order. Their automatical systems sometimes works not so good fo p-bandai.

Edited by enphily

11 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AE = Anime Export

NY = Nippon-Yasan

Thanks, mate. I ordered my from mykombini.com hopefully i will have no issues with it. it was 20000 yen plus 5000 EMS  so fingers crossed. I have never purchased from them  only  amiami and ebay. just really hard to get stuff in the UK from japan

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like FromJapan managed to secure an order for me.

Anyone still looking: try DeJapan and Zen Market.

If those fail, and you don't mind paying similar price to NY you can try emailing Gentei Kits and seeing if he can get one for you.

Yea... FJ failed me. I put an order in about 3:15am EST opening night (day in jpn 4:15pm) and found out they cancelled my order yet accepted a friend's order who placed nearly 6+ hrs after mine. I paid as soon as the option was available too.

Going to give DJ as try since that's where I have my Nu Funnels.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I was only really interested in this one because I wanted it to sell reasonably well to increase the chance of a TV Kakzaki.  It looks like it is selling well enough that I won't have to subsidize poor Hayao, and I'm not going through any kind of hassle to get his DYRL release.  If it is readily available after release at or near regular retail, I might grab one, but probably not.

I'm with the people thinking the initial (only?) production run will be crazy low relative to the last DX VF-1 releases.  We know how much Bandai hates the idea of shelf-warmers, and they aren't afraid to leave some potential money on the table if it means their product doesn't get marked down.  This could potentially become a weird "grail" for people trying to get this whole line.  Only time will tell.

DYRL Kaki? Ugh, pass, I just want TV valks.

Also, can't Bandai just release a TV Roy 1S with a Roy and Hikaru pilot figure included then problem solved? I don't remember the valk having any differences between when Roy and Hikaru piloted it, aside from eventual TV super parts. If people want a Roy 1S with both pilots they can just double dip the same way they would have to if Bandai did separate TV releases anyway.

46 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Also, can't Bandai just release a TV Roy 1S with a Roy and Hikaru pilot figure included then problem solved? I don't remember the valk having any differences between when Roy and Hikaru piloted it, aside from eventual TV super parts. If people want a Roy 1S with both pilots they can just double dip the same way they would have to if Bandai did separate TV releases anyway.

This would make WAY to much sense however Bandai would mostly like do them as separate releases so they can tampo the cockpits with the correct names. 

TV Fast Packs would be great for eventual Cannon Fodder 1A's! 

11 hours ago, jenius said:

You have to admit it'd be hilarious if a Kakizaki valkyrie, of all things, became the next Kairos.

I think i'm just going to wait to release. My life is too hectic to worry about this kind of stuff these days. Though i was able to get a Max 1A after release at a reasonable price, i wasn't able to get the 1S at a reasonable price. Looks like i'm stuck paying a premium if i want that one.

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Almost anything we're talking about is "easy" to get. If you are willing to pay any price.:D

I'm just glad I got in with okiniland at the lower price. Thanks again @DYRL VF-1S

Of course!  And my man, @Checkmate did me the solid of letting me know when it was first up.  We've been tag teaming on Okini Land since Max 1A

There's so many possible DYRL skull squadron combinations!

Roy 1S, Hikaru + Max + Hayao 1As

Max 1S, Hikaru + Hayao 1As

Hikaru 1S, Max in a blue Queadluun-rau and a plate of steak with an asparagus stripe!

And you need a different 1S for all of them!

Personally I'm hoping for a TWE exclusive DYRL Kakizaki 1S, just to mess with everyone.

Edited by jeniusornome

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

See, after the VF-31A situation, I'm not sure this is entirely true.  I think they gauge interest to a point, but they may very well cap orders at a certain production limit, regardless of demand.  At least with the strike packs, that seemed to be the case, but if they don't have demand enough to justify a second production run, they may just cut off orders.

Yes, they also have a set cutoff on production and deadline for their preorders, which ever comes earlier. 

The Vf-31a preorder lasted for Months.   It ended about 1 week earlier than the preorder deadline because it reach it's production limit first. 

From Bandai's point of view at the time, the VF-31a is not consider super popular since the preorder lasted for months and it finally reach their 1st  batch production limit just 1 week close to their set deadline.   So no 2nd batch.